• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

First Blackberry

Suzy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm wanting to get a Blackberry. I have AT&T, and want to keep that. Wal-Mart has the Curve for $29.88 with a 2 year contract, or I can get a Bolt on-line for free from Wal-Mart's website. I would rather get one from the store, but the Bolt is newer, but is it better?

Thanks,
Suzy

ctreelmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have AT&T too--usually those low prices are only good for new, not existing customers. You will probably have to pay full retail for a new Blackberry unless you are eligible for a phone upgrade at this time. Even so, Blackberries aren't usually one of the options for a deeply discounted upgrade. I've thought about getting one for a while, but the prices have stopped me.

Suzy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wal-mart does the upgrade in-store, but I don't know about the website. I guess I will get the curve. I thought maybe more TUGGERS had blackberries, but I guess not. I would also like to know if they would get one again, or something else.

Suzy

mlsmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have a BB Curve thru ATT
Love it

caribbeansun

TUG Member
Reaction score
The primary difference between the Curve and Bold other than cosmetics, Bold has more memory, is 3G, therefore WiFi connectivity, faster data throughput, has a video recorded rather than a static camera.

Short answer is the Bold is the newest technology and the Curve has been out for some time now. Given the choice of a Bold for free or a Curve I would take the Bold.

I'm wanting to get a Blackberry. I have AT&T, and want to keep that. Wal-Mart has the Curve for $29.88 with a 2 year contract, or I can get a Bolt on-line for free from Wal-Mart's website. I would rather get one from the store, but the Bolt is newer, but is it better?

Thanks,
Suzy

Last edited:

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
I suggest you wait for the BB Storm ... a take off on the Apple iPhone.

I'm not overly excited about my Curve ... even after a year I still don't find it user friendly. They are too cheap to provide a printed manual to flip through and instead put it on a computer disk so you have to 'read' it that way...and there will be many features you won't be able to figure out without it. I still can't find the 'redial' button on it, and there's no mention of it in the 'manual'...so I assume you have to manually redial it instead. If you have big fingers, forget it - get a real phone.

BB gets a huge amount of free publicity in movies, TV, talk shows, etc. as `the`phone for business. You have arrived if you have one apparently. I bought the RIM stock when it was about $40 a share and sold it at $122 for a nice profit, just before the big fall recently.

Unfortunately, I like toys and thought I'd like all the features, but find I don't use many. The bluetooth is great in my car. I thought I would like getting emails on my phone but now resent giving up some privacy as a result - especially because my laptop is always with me anyway and I can hook into emails with WIFI and no cost.

My contract is up next year and I'm probably going to Apple unless the Storm excites me. BB announced it`s behind a little in getting it out, but it`s coming very soon.

http://krisabel.ctv.ca/blog/_archives/2008/11/25/3994861.html

Brian

Bonnie_Raitt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Latest OS for curve has video

For redial, go Call Log or type the name of he person you want to dial

Mom2MNEm

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband switched to AT&T for the IPhone so I had to switch servers as well. I wasn't thrilled with the selection of phones at AT&T--I am not a huge phone/text/email user , but I wanted something easier and better than the old flip phone. The only decent choice seemed to be the Blackberry. I was hesitant--didn't need all the extras and it reminded me of the Palm Treo my DH had been carrying around for years ( ie: manly, ugly and big). Wouldn't ya know it--I love my Curve. I am actually e-mailing my DH and texting my friends. I found it easier to use and figure out than I thought --tho the manual isn't much help. I just went online, typed my questions into google and had my answers--but I honestly didn't have many unknowns. Good luck in whatever you decide.

Lisa

Aussiedog

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a Blackberry (er Crackberry) Addict

I have an older Blackberry and I am going for the Bold after the first of the year. I use the data capability a lot (internet and email) and want to keep the typing structure I am used to - and that the Bold offers.

I have had very good luck with my AT&T service across the country.

Have fun with whatever you decide!

Ann

pranas

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a curve and like it. The voice reception is not as good as my old phone. My friends are always complaining about the sound but being able to access all my e-mail accounts is great. I have one work e-mail account that I have a problem accessing at home but works great with my BB Curve phone.

T

troglodyte

Use BlackBerry's website! There's a lot of great resources and a good search engine to answer your questions.:)

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas