• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Expect action on government regulation of religious services

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Question: how can social distance be maintained in an automobile?
Now some may reply the occupants of the car are together at home anyway - that the same grouping of people at home are the same as what is in the car.
But is it? How can one be sure of this?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Question: how can social distance be maintained in an automobile?
Now some may reply the occupants of the care are together at home anyway - that the same grouping of people at home are the same as what is in the car.
But is it? How can one be sure of this?

True I would expect family units in cars. However people can drive around in their cars all over town and no one stops them (at least in our area).

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Let me know, if you can find it, exactly how they tied it directly to church gatherings. I couldn't find that information in the story. :ponder:
I don't have a pony in this race, but when I'm interested in where some information may have come from, since I have time, I look it up myself. The article I posted was only one of many found on this subject.

Here is another that talks about the number of cases attributed to a particular church (the church is saying they are unfairly being targeted):
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/03/california-church-coronvirus-outbreak-sacramento

There are more articles that are easy to find.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't have a pony in this race, but when I'm interested in where some information may have come from, since I have time, I look it up myself. The article I posted was only one of many found on this subject.

Here is another that talks about the number of cases attributed to a particular church (the church is saying they are unfairly being targeted):
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/03/california-church-coronvirus-outbreak-sacramento

There are more articles that are easy to find.

Yea, quite the story however, I prefer to base my conclusions on facts and not assumptions. I would like to determine how this, without any other possible explanation, is linked to the church.

Health officials did not immediately respond to requests for comment and the Sacramento county health department released additional information in response to the church’s press release, confirming the numbers it had reported and saying the county coroner only informs family of the deceased as to cause of death.

So the health department simply confirmed these numbers?

I'll do find this interesting though.

“It has been reported that 71 members of this church had fallen ill. These reports are believed to be inaccurate and falsely place the emphasis on this church,” the release says."

"It adds that the county’s total number of cases linked to places of worship “has been falsely linked to Bethany Slavic Missionary Church. Media repetition of such unfounded representations invite ridicule, hatred, and violence against our church community.”

Let me say again, provide me a source that unequivocally proves this theory, which at this point is all it is, and you'll make me a believer. ;)

And no, I'm not going to do your homework for you.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
And no, I'm not going to do your homework for you.
I never asked you to. In fact my suggestion, but I guess it wasn't clear, was that you do your own research since you're so interested in this particular story. I'm done.

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am curious to hear an alternative explanation, one that has some plausibility. Sacramento County has a population of 1.5 million people, and, has had 314 coronovirus cases. Apparently the county health officials have been able to verify that about 100 of these people have been attending church services. Since the theory is that this has nothing to do with how they got coronvirus, the alternative explanation is /... (Please make it plausible.)

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Do you remember there is a constitutional law of separation church & state called.

Freedom of Religion.

Social distancing and the endangerment of lives are the only two (2) Things a Church pastor or officers of a Church can be charged with.

This is going to be an Ugly Easter Sunday... IMO.

Except the Constitution says nothing about separation of church and state. It is a myth.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Except the Constitution says nothing about separation of church and state. It is a myth.
In doing my own research it appears that the establishment clause in the first amendment is what people refer to. You are correct that the term "separation of church and state" does not appear in the Constitution. The term is attributed to Thomas Jefferson.

Rjbeach2003

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The overwhelming number of churches, temples and mosques are holding their services via web. Only a few mega churches or mega church wanna be's plan to encourage people to congregate. Those church leaders are much more interested in keeping the money flowing in than the health of their congregants.
If there is a judgement day, they will be judged accordingly.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
In doing my own research it appears that the establishment clause in the first amendment is what people refer to. You are correct that the term "separation of church and state" does not appear in the Constitution. The term is attributed to Thomas Jefferson.

People forget that the principal reason the Pilgrims left England was they were sick and tired of the Church of England.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The overwhelming number of churches, temples and mosques are holding their services via web. Only a few mega churches or mega church wanna be's plan to encourage people to congregate. Those church leaders are much more interested in keeping the money flowing in than the health of their congregants.
If there is a judgement day, they will be judged accordingly.

Did the church leaders say that's why they held services? Or is that merely a presumption on your part?

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Had this part of your post been omitted, your post would have been much stronger because the remaining points in your post are excellent.

Just curious. This is true so why would his post be stronger if he omits it? :rolleyes:

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
People forget that the principal reason the Pilgrims left England was they were sick and tired of the Church of England.
Incorrect. They were sick and tired of the Church of England running the country and dictating their religious beliefs on everyone.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Incorrect. They were sick and tired of the Church of England running the country and dictating their religious beliefs on everyone.

Thank you for that clarification.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
But strangely enough, a lot of people believe that.

Yes. There are a lot of skeptics who attribute base motives to most everyone.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
On a related topic, India just charged the leader of a Sunni proselytizing group with "culpable homicide not amounting to murder" for holding a gathering last month that authorities say led to a big jump in coronavirus infection

Just another reason to be glad you don't live in India. ;)

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
California churches sue Newsom over coronavirus stay-at-home order

“The state and localities have granted sweeping exceptions to the shutdown orders for favored businesses and professions, while specifically targeting people of faith and decreeing to religious institutions that it is ‘good enough’ that they be allowed to offer streaming video services,” said Harmeet K. Dhillon, chief executive of the Center for American Liberty, according to the Hill.

“The state does not get to dictate the method of worship to the faithful,” her statement continued. “If a Californian is able to go to Costco or the local marijuana shop or liquor store and buy goods in a responsible, socially distanced manner, then he or she must be allowed to practice their faith using the same precautions.”

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Here is the problem in brief:

Person(s) engage in behavior that increase their likelihood of their exposure to COVID-19. (Example: large group gatherings)
One (or more) of the persons in the group then come in contact with a person who has been taking every possible precaution to avoid COVID-19.
The precaution taking person gets sick.

It is this scenario where legitimate public health concerns MUST come first.