• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Every Other Year Points

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba, Harborside Atlantis & Westin Lagunamar
I could not find anything through search but can anyone give me a quick lesson on how every other year points work for Wyndham?
Assume for easy math we are talking about a contract that "is allocated 100K points at a resort for use in Odd years."
Anyone that has this can you help me understand if you can use just in 17 or can you use in 18 too? If you push them back would you push to 2019 only?
I'm looking at a contract to buy and can not understand VOId.
Thanks

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
You could use them in '18 by using the points deposit feature (and paying $39) - but unless you're VIP, you'd be too late to do that for the '17 points. The biennial contract has no impact on what years you could push the points to using points deposit - you could do '18 or '19 (if you were in the window). You could also make limited use of your '19 points in '18, if you book inside 90 days and borrow points from the following year.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
So the 100K would be available for use in the odd year. You receive 1 RT for every 77K points and that does get split and put in your account in both odd and even years as do HK.

For instance, I own 140K annual, 210K even, and 126K even. That averages out to 308K each year (which I pay MF yearly.) But in actuality, I have 140K odd and 476K even. I have a hard time planning 13 months out but I am having no problem finding reservations in the express window so I can pull my points from my lopsided use years. At first I thought that I would go ahead and dump my EOY contracts, but now it seems easier to book an Express reservation that it does to figure out what year I want to use the points in and to be sure to do that in the first three months of the year.