• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Enrollement offer Spain

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
I post these offers I get as even if it is of no interest to me maybe some owners are looking to get externals enrolled.

My sales rep offered me this - 2 weeks x 2 bedroom platinum Mallorca 7200 club points for only $57,800 + huge gift of 1 million bonvoy points, enrolls up to 3 external weeks.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
I post these offers I get as even if it is of no interest to me maybe some owners are looking to get externals enrolled.

My sales rep offered me this - 2 weeks x 2 bedroom platinum Mallorca 7200 club points for only $57,800 + huge gift of 1 million bonvoy points, enrolls up to 3 external weeks.
I have 3 weeks to enroll but would like Marbella. Thank you for these updates.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn

Thanks for the report. Clearly they are getting very desperate selling the "Club."

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Back in Aug I saw $36K to enroll 3 weeks and 5850 points though Gold weeks so more up front but higher fees.

I have 3 weeks to enroll but would like Marbella. Thank you for these updates.
You should be able to do so, you just have to meet the minimum spend. For Platinum I'd guess two 2BR there would get it done but you could get creative with some combination of 1, 2 or 3 BR including even EOY. I have a couple of contacts given to me by others on TUG and I could pass them along privately if you want. You could tell them what you want and see how it works out. I suspect the program ends soon so if you do want to proceed you may want to reach out soon.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
Back in Aug I saw $36K to enroll 3 weeks and 5850 points though Gold weeks so more up front but higher fees.

You should be able to do so, you just have to meet the minimum spend. For Platinum I'd guess two 2BR there would get it done but you could get creative with some combination of 1, 2 or 3 BR including even EOY. I have a couple of contacts given to me by others on TUG and I could pass them along privately if you want. You could tell them what you want and see how it works out. I suspect the program ends soon so if you do want to proceed you may want to reach out soon.
I thought the program is every year. What is the minimum spend? Vistana is 20k for 3 weeks. If you can send me your contacts will appreciate it. Looks like Spain is the cheapest which is great as I will be using the week as well. Initially thought of Aruba as well but that’s seems more expensive and more fees.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought the program is every year. What is the minimum spend? Vistana is 20k for 3 weeks. If you can send me your contacts will appreciate it. Looks like Spain is the cheapest which is great as I will be using the week as well. Initially thought of Aruba as well but that’s seems more expensive and more fees.
While they have had some type of program yearly for the last number of years, there is no guarantee that will be the case in the future. Someone, maybe Barry or Gemini Chica, posted the full grid of minimum spends for Spain to enroll based on the number of weeks to enroll. For Aruba/St. Kitts the minimum spend to enroll 3 weeks is $66.4K and I believe this is the same as points in the US. I checked my notes and I was offered $36K to enroll 3 week for Spain last month. Of course you're also getting additional week(s) which will give you additional points AND additional yearly fees. I'll PM you.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
While they have had some type of program yearly for the last number of years, there is no guarantee that will be the case in the future. Someone, maybe Barry or Gemini Chica, posted the full grid of minimum spends for Spain to enroll based on the number of weeks to enroll. For Aruba/St. Kitts the minimum spend to enroll 3 weeks is $66.4K and I believe this is the same as points in the US. I checked my notes and I was offered $36K to enroll 3 week for Spain last month. Of course you're also getting additional week(s) which will give you additional points AND additional yearly fees. I'll PM you.
Was that for a platinum week for 36K?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Was that for a platinum week for 36K?
No, two Gold weeks but I think the spend requirement is based on a Euro amount. The problem might be getting a week that fit that need at a price that's workable. What I did see for Platinum was the price PP was much higher than for Gold so you might be considerably over the minimum $$$ to enroll when looking at a Platinum week. I'd simply ask what you can do for what you want.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

If you buy Vistana can you enroll Marriott weeks? Or only Vistana weeks? I would love to enroll some of my Marriott weeks but just can't justify the cost.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If you buy Vistana can you enroll Marriott weeks? Or only Vistana weeks? I would love to enroll some of my Marriott weeks but just can't justify the cost.
It's been reported one or two times where someone did it. Though it might take finding the right sales executive to push for an exception on it. I don't think it is something they just offer or do without seeking an exception from corporate.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC

It used to be not too long ago that for that amount of money one could enroll up to 7 weeks.

The "math" becomes much harder to justify with 3 because that's what lowers the "cost per point". The 7200 "club points" from the two developer weeks are at $8/point and I'd want a deal like this to drive the cost down to about $4-$4.50/point after account for the cost of the resale weeks and their point value. I can't see that happening with just 3 enrolled weeks.

Their cost to enroll a resale week is literally zero - they just change a code in the computer to enroll that week in Abound. Not sure why they would go the other way and make things worse. Vistana, while on its own, only increased over time the number of resale weeks allowed to be enrolled with a developer purchase and I think it worked out well for them.

Last edited:

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
I have been offered to enroll my Marriott weeks by buying Vistana . It’s cheaper but I really don’t want Sheraton flex which is what they were offering.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
It used to be not too long ago that for that amount of money one could enroll up to 7 weeks.

The "math" becomes much harder to justify with 3 because that's what lowers the "cost per point". The 7200 "club points" from the two developer weeks are at $8/point and I'd want a deal like this to drive the cost down to about $4-$4.50/point after account for the cost of the resale weeks and their point value. I can't see that happening with just 3 enrolled weeks.

Their cost to enroll a resale week is literally zero - they just change a code in the computer to enroll that week in Abound. Not sure why they would go the other way and make things worse. Vistana, while on its own, only increased over time the number of resale weeks allowed to be enrolled with a developer purchase and I think it worked out well for them.
This is the quanadrum I find myself in. For $15,000 I get to enroll my 3 weeks vs over $30,000 with Marriott. But the maintenance fees are higher.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
This is the quanadrum I find myself in. For $15,000 I get to enroll my 3 weeks vs over $30,000 with Marriott. But the maintenance fees are higher.

$30K to enroll 3 weeks is still way cheaper the ~$58K cited by the OP...

But points - whether Sheraton/Westin Flex or Abound - are a lousy deal. There's no point in buying something you don't want. I'd only consider a deal like this if I was buying a week (like the Spain offers, for example).

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's not just $30K to enroll but you're getting another asset also enrolled you can use, exchange or take points. Still a chunk of change with lots of nuances.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
So out of curiosity what is a resale week there (ballpark.) Just curious what the delta is to get the ability to enroll.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
$30K to enroll 3 weeks is still way cheaper the ~$58K cited by the OP...

But points - whether Sheraton/Westin Flex or Abound - are a lousy deal. There's no point in buying something you don't want. I'd only consider a deal like this if I was buying a week (like the Spain offers, for example).
Yeah that’s how I feel. Buying a week in Spain I can use is better than all these point deals though the initial cost is higher. I just have to get a really good deal.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the MF for these weeks? I don’t see Mallorca in the 2024 thread.
Data Points all in Euros:
2BR Gold Marbella 1587
2BR Gold Mallorca 1654
3BR Gold Mallorca 1850

The additional info I have does not have the fees included. I could get the price per points down into the low to mid 50¢ range USD and the price per points down to just slightly above $6 PP. I was not offered a 1 BR and the limited discussions we had involving Platinum weeks was considerably higher PP.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
Data Points all in Euros:
2BR Gold Marbella 1587
2BR Gold Mallorca 1654
3BR Gold Mallorca 1850

The additional info I have does not have the fees included. I could get the price per points down into the low to mid 50¢ range USD and the price per points down to just slightly above $6 PP. I was not offered a 1 BR and the limited discussions we had involving Platinum weeks was considerably higher PP.
I wonder if a 1 bedroom platinum would fulfill the minimum spend.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if a 1 bedroom platinum would fulfill the minimum spend.
You can ask but I'm certain it wouldn't have worked at the time I was discussing with them to enroll 3 weeks though that was not part of our discussion in March/April or August of this year. Please report back what you find.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
It's not just $30K to enroll but you're getting another asset also enrolled you can use, exchange or take points. Still a chunk of change with lots of nuances.
Are Abound points really an asset at this point? The maintenance fees on them (not the converted weeks, the abound points bought by themselves) are so high I just can’t make the math work versus even paying cash prices on Marriott’s cash-side every time I consider them.

Edit: Never mind, I realize you are talking about purchasing a deeded week.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are Abound points really an asset at this point? The maintenance fees on them (not the converted weeks, the abound points bought by themselves) are so high I just can’t make the math work versus even paying cash prices on Marriott’s cash-side every time I consider them.

Edit: Never mind, I realize you are talking about purchasing a deeded week.

It depends on the specific week. I was arguing with (likely a marriott salesman) in one of the facebook groups this week and him claiming that points maintenance fees were lower than weeks.

I looked at several and every platinum week I compared it was cheaper to own the week than to book the same week with points. (some significantly cheaper!) Most of the gold weeks I compared the week maintenance fee was still cheaper than the equivalent points though some of them were very close and a couple were in-versed where booking with points would have been cheaper than owning the week. Silver and Bronze weeks almost always cheaper to book with points than to own the week.

These comparisons were based solely on the weeks maintenance fee vs the points maintenance fee. No upfront buy-in costs considered.