• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

End of Year Housekeeping

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
Frikking buzzards! Their slowpoke messaging system finally caught up! My GC balance is 22. So they gobbled up 2 GCs! This is not by design! It's the kind of BS I expect from stupid programmers and dysfunctional specs!
You see, the guys who run the companies have no IT competence and IT is not clued in or consulted when they make silly policies in the executive suite after 3 martini lunches! 3 is not good! 1 is too few. 3 is too many!:D
They need a strong CTO who can straddle the pie-in-the-sky world of the executive suite and the nerddom of IT!
I am going to make an exception to my 'no-call' policy and call them tomorrow and give them hell just because I can! :) (NO, I WON'T because life's too short to fight over 1 GC!)
In the meantime, I still need to make lucrative reservations where fish will bite!;)

Last edited:

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
That's because the IT guy is usually the first to get laid off! Another reason why I won't ever make a retail purchase. My husband followed his heart (computers) and I followed mine (teaching) and let me tell you, trying to live off a teachers salary is not easy. You're too poor to afford health insurance for your family (the county only covers the employee), but not poor enough to get assistance, so you end up not getting health insurance and having to pay a $700 per person tax penalty because you were too poor to afford $700 a month health insurance on a $45,000 salary. How is 25% of your take home income considered affordable? The point I'm trying to get across is at least Wyndham isn't as bad as the government or health care.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
So, it appears that I lost a GC in October when I corrected a mistake I had made dropping 'h's from a name! The math still doesn't add up! But, it's inexcusable incompetence on the part of Wyndham IT! So amateurish! Who's minding the shop?:mad:

@cbyrne1174, enjoy your stay at Star Island and give me feedback! I haven't been to Orlando in 19 years. I would love to visit again!

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
deleted duplicate

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs

We used to be allowed to transfer points from one owner to another. Just one more thing that owners lost in another spectacularly unsuccessful attempt to control renting.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
We used to be allowed to transfer points from one owner to another. Just one more thing that owners lost in another spectacularly unsuccessful attempt to control renting.
Transfer of points from one owner to another would seem to eliminate the need to rent from another owner. This seems like a good way to help Wyndham rent points at $12/1000 and eliminate the competition to their lucrative point rental business.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
So, it appears that I lost a GC in October when I corrected a mistake I had made dropping 'h's from a name! The math still doesn't add up! But, it's inexcusable incompetence on the part of Wyndham IT! So amateurish! Who's minding the shop?:mad:

@cbyrne1174, enjoy your stay at Star Island and give me feedback! I haven't been to Orlando in 19 years. I would love to visit again!
It is not IT's fault (this time, hard to believe I am actually defending IT). This is how Wyndham wants the GC's to work. They want to charge for EVERY change (other than for an owner). If a husband is on the GC, and can't make the trip, you will spend a GC to switch it to the wife. The resorts used to help you out when they could, but Wyndham watches closely and they rarely make any exceptions (understandably, they don't want to get in trouble).

The only time you might get a break, is if you had called in and had a VC put the guest on the reservation. If they added the GC, they have some leeway to fix something. If you did it online, you are SOL.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
He was talking about the delay in updating the amount of GC's you have remaining. The website doesn't refresh the database it reads the information off of as frequently as it should so therefore there's a delay in the number of available GCs.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Club Pass is absolute garbage. WM maintenance fees are much lower than CWA. If you want to stay at WM occasionally, you can buy a REALLY small WM resale contract and rent points from other owners on WMowners.com. You can transfer points between owners. The point rental price on there is currently lower than owning yourself unless you have a HUGE account (30,000+ credits). 10,000 credits equals 164,000 Club Wyndham points and you can rent 10,000 points off another owner for $650. If you divide $650 by 164, that's $3.96 per thousand (in Club Wyndham terms).

Note: I know MW and CW are two separate systems, but if you look at the Club Pass point cost on the Club Wyndham directory, then the WM credit cost on the Worldmark directory, you will see that they used this formula to make the charts: (WorldMark Credits x 16.4 = Club Wyndham Points).
Wow this is so much better then being able to rent points from Wyndham at $12/1000 or about double the cost of maintenance fees. So with WM you can rent points from another owner by transferring points to another WM owner? Brilliant! Renting points for less then the cost of owning is a marvelous idea! If Wyndham allowed this think how much easier it would be for many owners that dont want to put up with the hassles renting. It sure beats the 60/40 split when Wyndham rents your points or paying maintenance fees with points. Thanks for this information and your outside the box thinking. Learning how to travel for less is VROOM to me! LOL[/QUOTE]

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
SNA27 oh Wyndham will catch up to this. Sometimes it takes the system awhile and then they audit and Bamm
take points or guest confirmations out of your account. Keep an eye on it so they don't take the GC from 2020.
I would be so happy to have 30 guest confirmation. I used all mine by mid Feb in 2019. I bet I bought at least 20 more.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
You have to have a WM account already to rent the points from another owner. The trick is to just have a really small account so you don't have the obligation. With owning only 7,000 credits you pay $105 per thousand credits for the first 7,000 credits, but you can rent for $65 per thousand off other owners if you want to stay at a WM only resort. With that small of an account, you have access to as much Bonus Time as you want, only being limited to 1 weekend only stay (both friday and saturday) per quarter. Sat/Sun or Sat only doesn't count as "weekend only". Renting off another owner requires you to pay for housekeeping, but you can also rent inventory specials for cash and it includes housekeeping.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
He was talking about the delay in updating the amount of GC's you have remaining. The website doesn't refresh the database it reads the information off of as frequently as it should so therefore there's a delay in the number of available GCs.

The Voyager front end is not the master or keeper of data. The reservation transaction must take place at the back end. Frontend is refreshed periodically. Some items more frequently than others. Only the reservation transactions seem to current or realtime. Accumulators like Point balance, GC balance etc. are refreshed through app messaging. My educated guess. I would love to get a peek into their system.
Do you realize the tremendous insider advantage Wyndham IT folks (with VIPP through multiple PICs and lowest price/1000) have in getting plum reservations? Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory! Drool!;)

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You have to have a WM account already to rent the points from another owner. The trick is to just have a really small account so you don't have the obligation. With owning only 7,000 credits you pay $105 per thousand credits for the first 7,000 credits, but you can rent for $65 per thousand off other owners if you want to stay at a WM only resort. With that small of an account, you have access to as much Bonus Time as you want, only being limited to 1 weekend only stay (both friday and saturday) per quarter. Sat/Sun or Sat only doesn't count as "weekend only". Renting off another owner requires you to pay for housekeeping, but you can also rent inventory specials for cash and it includes housekeeping.

If Wyndham requires a Bachelor's degree, Worldmark is at the Master's level! Already developing a dull headache after reading this! :confused::D

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It is not IT's fault (this time, hard to believe I am actually defending IT). This is how Wyndham wants the GC's to work. They want to charge for EVERY change (other than for an owner). If a husband is on the GC, and can't make the trip, you will spend a GC to switch it to the wife. The resorts used to help you out when they could, but Wyndham watches closely and they rarely make any exceptions (understandably, they don't want to get in trouble).

The only time you might get a break, is if you had called in and had a VC put the guest on the reservation. If they added the GC, they have some leeway to fix something. If you did it online, you are SOL.

Ok, I looked at the Modify Reservation screen closely. When it's already a guest reservation, and you want to change the check-in name, DO NOT select New Guest, just EDIT the current guest and change the name.

1577822036019.png

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
TLDR: Worldmark has a system that lets you book short stays cheap with cash last minute without having to worry about running out of housekeeping credits. They don't have a VIP system, so that's how they get rid of last minute inventory. VIP is a better deal if you are 100% sure you are going to stay with Wyndham your whole life and pass it onto your children etc etc. Dual resale ownership is less of a deal long term but also less of a commitment.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@cbyrne1174, are you game for this experiment? I bet I can edit the reservation, changing names without losing a GC.
I think this is what I must have done when I had made spelling errors in October. I must have just EDITED instead of selecting New Guest to correct my errors in the name as well as email.
I think I have done this on other reservations too to change the address or email.

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I went into an existing reservation that I've already paid to put a guest confirmation on. And selected EDIT (for the current guest name):

1577823147885.png

I wish you were right. But, I do think it's going to charge you a guest confirmation if you edit yours. And if you were right, and Wyndham saw your post, they'd fix it, LOL.

But I do think it's working as they want it - they charge for EVERY guest confirmation, new or edited (other than for an owner).

@SNA27 - Are you game for editing your reservation. Log out and back in and see if your GC count has changed.

Last edited:

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I edited @cbyrne1174's reservation twice to test my theory. LOST 2 GCs! :mad: I guess changing the last name counts as a New Guest!
If they charge a GC to change other information, that would be ridiculous! I could burn one more GC to find out! But, maybe later!
I would like to book me some GC reservations first!

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
It would make more sense for them to let VIP Gold+ owners have unlimited friends and family guest certs but only let retail points count towards VIP discounts.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No, EDITing a current guest reservation to make changes or correct errors should not use up a GC. I would like to think this is a BUG and not a FEATURE! :)

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
No, EDITing a current guest reservation to make changes or correct errors should not use up a GC. I would like to think this is a BUG and not a FEATURE! :)
It is a feature, working as designed! Wyndham LOVES those fees. With the old system if we booked consecutive days, on the same day, same unit size, they would override the add-ons and only charge for 1 guest confirmation. It took a phone call and lots of time, but it was doable. With the new system, they are stingier than ever - they will get you for every single guest confirmation they possibly can. To be clear: if you have a reservation for 7 nights and add 1 more night. You will also pay for an additional guest confirmation.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
It would make more sense for them to let VIP Gold+ owners have unlimited friends and family guest certs but only let retail points count towards VIP discounts.
Exactly my point. Resale points are not supposed to be used as VIP benefits.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
Letting VIP owners get 50% discounts on their resale points technically is in the ownership directory. It says that only retail purchases count towards "VIP status" and it's the "VIP status" that lets you get the discounts, not points that you own. You can make a purchase of 1,001,000 points and buy another 5 million resale and all the points will pool together equally with the VIP benefits applying to all 6 million points. I just think it's silly that Wyndham allows this but is stingy about guest certs.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone please feel welcome to add more input on this.
I maybe wrong but It may not be a benefit as many believe.
Screenshot_20191231-165656_Samsung Internet.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191231-164912_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20191231-164912_Samsung Internet.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I went into an existing reservation that I've already paid to put a guest confirmation on. And selected EDIT (for the current guest name):

View attachment 15910

I wish you were right. But, I do think it's going to charge you a guest confirmation if you edit yours. And if you were right, and Wyndham saw your post, they'd fix it, LOL.

But I do think it's working as they want it - they charge for EVERY guest confirmation, new or edited (other than for an owner).

@SNA27 - Are you game for editing your reservation. Log out and back in and see if your GC count has changed.

How did you manage to use up 30 GCs? Through rentals or family who are not members?

Looks like there is no point in making guest reservations now if I have to change the name later! Might as well let the remaining 20 GCs burn! Unless someone else has a great idea!