• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ebike suggestions please

cerralee

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased a 250w cruiser style ebike back in May. It's one of the best things I've ever done for myself. It was an impulse buy on a clearance site and I knew that if I hesitated it might be gone in a few minutes to a few days. It's gotten me out of the house and out into the woods again. Luckily I live about half mile from a rails to trails and go 20 to 30 miles two to three times per week. So first it was the clearance bike followed by the new hitch carrier to haul it around. I want to go further now and my wish list just keeps getting longer. I chose a cruiser as I want to "enjoy" the ride. The first half of my rides are usually on the upgrade then on the way back it's downhill almost all the way. I am so loving it.
IMG_20200813_170628248_HDR.jpg

Brett

Reaction score
I purchased a 250w cruiser style ebike back in May. It's one of the best things I've ever done for myself. It was an impulse buy on a clearance site and I knew that if I hesitated it might be gone in a few minutes to a few days. It's gotten me out of the house and out into the woods again. Luckily I live about half mile from a rails to trails and go 20 to 30 miles two to three times per week. So first it was the clearance bike followed by the new hitch carrier to haul it around. I want to go further now and my wish list just keeps getting longer. I chose a cruiser as I want to "enjoy" the ride. The first half of my rides are usually on the upgrade then on the way back it's downhill almost all the way. I am so loving it.View attachment 25084

longer trips are more fun with ebikes :)

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Bill 20mph is plenty fast enough to do some serious damage when some dummy in a car pulls out in front of you or unexpectedly opens a door. Don't be an organ donor. Get and wear helmets.

Please DO be an organ donor.
Just not a deceased organ donor too early. Consider living donation for a kidney or portion of your liver.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
The big seats came yesterday. I thought I would have time to put them on and go for a ride but my Jeep group has other plans that don't involve the ebikes. The big seats do look big and comfortable. We will see.

Bill

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Can people post photos of their eBikes?
Always interested in what eBikes folks are buying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The big seats came yesterday. I thought I would have time to put them on and go for a ride but my Jeep group has other plans that don't involve the ebikes. The big seats do look big and comfortable. We will see.

Bill
We did three 20-mile rides this week on a Rails To Trails path, on top of some shorter runs. It's been great fun, but my sit bones were calling out for a little more padding yesterday, so off to the local bike shop for a new seat (Electra Gel Comfort Saddle). Haven't put it on yet, but I'll let you know if it makes a big difference. @easyrider - we're hauling the bikes to the trailheads, so we bought 50 gal tubs to keep the car clean - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-50-Gal-189-L-Tote-Box-Titanium/15940602 They are a bit big, but a smaller tote put too much pressure on the handlebar/computer. They fit fine in the back of the minivan, but take up a lot of space in the Jeep. If you find the perfect size tote, please let me know!

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I made a mistake of ordering two ebikes online from Costco. It is a bit too big for me.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I made a mistake of ordering two ebikes online from Costco. It is a bit too big for me.
If they don't work for you, the beauty of Costco is you can take them back. No harm, no foul. There are NO mistakes buying from Costco.

Jim

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey, DaveNV, where's a photo of YOUR new eBikes? ;) Are you still thinking about getting them?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Hey, DaveNV, where's a photo of YOUR new eBikes? ;) Are you still thinking about getting them?

Bought 'em, but haven't really ridden them, or decided if we'll keep them. I have two artificial knees, and the weight of the bike is hard to balance. I didn't expect that. Knee flexion is a problem for me, and so far, this is difficult to ride. Still tweaking the adjustments, to see if I can get a comfortable fit. This is what we got:

Cliensy bike.jpg

They're 350W folding bikes, Seem to be well made, and seem to work as expected. I just need to decide if they'll work for us. Jeff hasn't ridden his yet. He's waiting for me to decide if we're keeping them.

Anybody have this style of ebike? I'd be curious to hear your tweaks for optimum configuration.

Dave

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Bought 'em, but haven't really ridden them, or decided if we'll keep them. I have two artificial knees, and the weight of the bike is hard to balance. I didn't expect that. Knee flexion is a problem for me, and so far, this is difficult to ride. Still tweaking the adjustments, to see if I can get a comfortable fit. This is what we got:

View attachment 25243

They're 350W folding bikes, Seem to be well made, and seem to work as expected. I just need to decide if they'll work for us. Jeff hasn't ridden his yet. He's waiting for me to decide if we're keeping them.

Anybody have this style of ebike? I'd be curious to hear your tweaks for optimum configuration.

Dave

Hi DaveNV
Does it allow for a seat-dropper post?
Very handy for my eMTB for both sitting still, starting off on a hill, or going steep downhill. Lever is on left-side of handlebar in-lieu of front sprocket shifter lever (as it is not needed)

There are news ones that are much lighter weight (smaller batteries and motors) coming out.

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Hi DaveNV
Does it allow for a seat-dropper post?
Very handy for my eMTB for both sitting still, starting off on a hill, or going steep downhill. Lever is on left-side of handlebar in-lieu of front sprocket shifter lever (as it is not needed)

There are news ones that are much lighter weight (smaller batteries and motors) coming out.

Not sure what a seat-dropper post is. I'll have to research that.

Dave

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
This area in this photo (just taken a couple weeks ago) is currently burning. So sad.
733756ca29cbfdb90ca5bb4e954c23bc.jpg

(I tried raking the leafs, but those pesky buggers keep falling...)

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score

View attachment 25243

Dave
I think artificial knees are in my future

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I think artificial knees are in my future

The Navy did it to me. Eleven of my twenty years I was stationed aboard ships, wearing steel-toed boots, walking on steel decks, climbing up and down steel ladders and steel stairwells. Not a good experience for this kid's knee joints. Then, near the end of my career, I fell down a ladder aboard ship and folded my legs up sideways - at the knees. I spent months learning how to walk again. My knee joints never forgave me, and the chronic arthritis I had developed became severe osteoarthritis. Eventually the cartilage went away, and I dealt with bone-on-bone knee joints, severe swelling, and sharp pain every time I took a step. After suffering unending knee joint pain 24-7 for decades, and undergoing several arthroscopic surgeries to clean out the loose junk that was impeding the joints, removing torn meniscus tissue, and quarterly injections of artificial joint fluids, they finally decided enough is enough, and replaced both joints. Good and bad results. The chronic arthritis pain is gone, but my knees now are fairly unstable, flexing is difficult, kneeling down is impossible, and I often feel unsteady on my feet. I tend to fall sideways a lot, because the nerves were severed during the surgeries. Balance can be tough. It's a challenge some days.

All in, an ebike may not be something I'll be able to master, unless I go to a three-wheeler, where I can ride recumbent-style. We'll see. :)

Dave

Brett

Reaction score
The Navy did it to me. Eleven of my twenty years I was stationed aboard ships, wearing steel-toed boots, walking on steel decks, climbing up and down steel ladders and steel stairwells. Not a good experience for this kid's knee joints. Then, near the end of my career, I fell down a ladder aboard ship and folded my legs up sideways - at the knees. I spent months learning how to walk again. My knee joints never forgave me, and the chronic arthritis I had developed became severe osteoarthritis. Eventually the cartilage went away, and I dealt with bone-on-bone knee joints, severe swelling, and sharp pain every time I took a step. After suffering unending knee joint pain 24-7 for decades, and undergoing several arthroscopic surgeries to clean out the loose junk that was impeding the joints, removing torn meniscus tissue, and quarterly injections of artificial joint fluids, they finally decided enough is enough, and replaced both joints. Good and bad results. The chronic arthritis pain is gone, but my knees now are fairly unstable, flexing is difficult, kneeling down is impossible, and I often feel unsteady on my feet. I tend to fall sideways a lot, because the nerves were severed during the surgeries. Balance can be tough. It's a challenge some days.

All in, an ebike may not be something I'll be able to master, unless I go to a three-wheeler, where I can ride recumbent-style. We'll see. :)

Dave

that doesn't sound good for ebike riding (or regular bike riding) :(

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
that doesn't sound good for ebike riding (or regular bike riding) :(

I expected it'd be a challenge. I ride a stationary bike at the gym, where I can adjust the seat and pedal distances enough. If I can adjust things on the ebike so my legs can extend enough to do what they need to do, I may be okay. Still working on that. Starting and stopping might be an issue, since I'd have to step off the pedals properly to support the weight of the bike. It may be a case of forcing the joints to flex enough to make the pedals work right, and building new muscles to keep things stable. And at the end of the day, if I can't figure out how to make it work, then I'll know this is something I'll have to give up. I'm not looking to do big time off-road trail riding, just on streets and paved paths in my neighborhood. There has to be a way...

Question for those of you who know more: Do they make three-wheeler electric bikes? Can the mechanics of this one be adapted to a three-wheel bike? Hmm. I'll have to research that. Might be a business opportunity to explore.

Dave

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I expected it'd be a challenge. I ride a stationary bike at the gym, where I can adjust the seat and pedal distances enough. If I can adjust things on the ebike so my legs can extend enough to do what they need to do, I may be okay. Still working on that. Starting and stopping might be an issue, since I'd have to step off the pedals properly to support the weight of the bike. It may be a case of forcing the joints to flex enough to make the pedals work right, and building new muscles to keep things stable. And at the end of the day, if I can't figure out how to make it work, then I'll know this is something I'll have to give up. I'm not looking to do big time off-road trail riding, just on streets and paved paths in my neighborhood. There has to be a way...

Question for those of you who know more: Do they make three-wheeler electric bikes? Can the mechanics of this one be adapted to a three-wheel bike? Hmm. I'll have to research that. Might be a business opportunity to explore.

Dave

I was just going to suggest an electric trike Dave, I have been researching one for my wife. They make sit up and recumbent. Here is one site that makes a variety. I haven’t found a dealer yet that has samples to try out.

My wife has been released from physical therapy, they told her there has been no progress in the last 3 months, she has plateaued. She still is unsteady on her feet and cant ride a 2wheeler, I have her bike on a stand she pedals it in the garage. We just ordered a treadmill for her to work on walking stride, the right leg still doesn’t perform like it used to. She has a procedure scheduled in October, the IR DR is going to view the anuersym repairs he did in March, after that we will get her an etrike so she can join me again on rides.

PS, check out this site for reviews, they have a lot of details and utube videos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I was just going to suggest an electric trike Dave, I have been researching one for my wife. They make sit up and recumbent. Here is one site that makes a variety. I haven’t found a dealer yet that has samples to try out.

My wife has been released from physical therapy, they told her there has been no progress in the last 3 months, she has plateaued. She still is unsteady on her feet and cant ride a 2wheeler, I have her bike on a stand she pedals it in the garage. We just ordered a treadmill for her to work on walking stride, the right leg still doesn’t perform like it used to. She has a procedure scheduled in October, the IR DR is going to view the anuersym repairs he did in March, after that we will get her an etrike so she can join me again on rides.

PS, check out this site for reviews, they have a lot of details and utube videos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks, Dave. I'll definitely check into these. I appreciate it!

Dave

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score

Dave
Wow Dave that's just brutal. Really brutal. I'll spare you with my knee issues but they pale in comparison to yours.