• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ebike suggestions please

Brett

Reaction score
Yup, I took some pictures. We need to go somewhere flat to learn how to operate these ebikes. The steep hills kind of make learning to operate these a bit tricky. On the main road I had both up to about 20 mph in level 1 in 7th gear. I think there are 5 levels of operation. These do go up our steep driveway with pedal assist. I'm kind of impressed. It looks like they will fold up small enough to fit in either the back seat and for sure the bed of the Honda Ridgeline.

Bill

looks good for trail riding

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I would not recommend riding on Mountain Trails in these cargo-type of eBikes unless the bike is set up with proper suspension like a MTB - otherwise the components not last. Packed dirt roads (like Fire Roads) would likely be fine, but not trails that have serious bumps and divots.

If you get stuck on a steep part and have to stop - think about how you are going to walk it or start up again.
Some eMTBs have a walking mode (a 2.5 mph throttle) - highly recommend, I use mine often. The bikes are too heavy to push uphill without walking mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
These lectric xp's have the walking mode according to the manual. We were not planning on doing hard steep trails. Mostly easy stuff.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We went on our first real ride to get to know the lectric xp's at a business park. Most of the riding was asphalt but some was grass. After adjusting the ebikes we rode through all of the different modes and decided that for general riding the pedal assist in mode 1 was fine. Mode 5 is a cruise control.

The suspension is the fat tires. I think this works better than shocks. I had the air pressure set at 25 psi which was great on smooth asphalt. I decreased the pressure to 20 psi and didn't really notice a difference in the ride. The max inflation for these fat tires is 20 psi. The tire recommended inflation is between 10 and 20 psi. I tried 15 psi and the ride is softer but I think there would be more resistance that drains the battery.

We didn't change the power settings and I doubt we will. The 20 mpg is fast enough for us.

Both ebikes folded fit into the back of my Expedition. One ebike folded fits into the back seat of a Ridgeline. Both ebikes folded fit into the back of the Ridgeline. I read that two of the xp's will fit into the back of a Jeep Wagoneer.

We decided to get different seats. The seats I ordered from Amazon are large. I doubt that we get helmets as we don't go fast enough.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QHTZHXD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think we might order a left side mirror as well. I will be getting a couple of 40 gallon totes to haul these in. All in all we like these ebikes. Next planned trip is the Little Naches River road.

Bill

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
We didn't change the power settings and I doubt we will. The 20 mpg is fast enough for us.
Bill 20mph is plenty fast enough to do some serious damage when some dummy in a car pulls out in front of you or unexpectedly opens a door. Don't be an organ donor. Get and wear helmets.

Sounds like you had some good fun on your ride! Looking forward to getting mine. (drumming fingers impatiently on desk!)

Jim

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
@easyrider, I wondered if you two went out to test drive your bikes this weekend. Nice report! Sounds like you’re OK with them.

We road 10 miles today, mostly on a multi-purpose trail. We got lots of “Cool bikes!” and “Are those electric?” comments on the trail.

The trail winds along a stream and is fairly flat, so we didn’t use pedal assist very much. We did find it (level 1 or 2) useful on the short, steep sections, though. It was nice to feel like I had superpowers to tackle those hills! We were surprised that neither of our energy bars budged one iota off 100% after 10+ miles and an hour of cruising around.

We did note that our butts gave out before our legs did! Gotta decide on some new seats before we head out to Sedona.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@easyrider, I wondered if you two went out to test drive your bikes this weekend. Nice report! Sounds like you’re OK with them.

We road 10 miles today, mostly on a multi-purpose trail. We got lots of “Cool bikes!” and “Are those electric?” comments on the trail.

The trail winds along a stream and is fairly flat, so we didn’t use pedal assist very much. We did find it (level 1 or 2) useful on the short, steep sections, though. It was nice to feel like I had superpowers to tackle those hills! We were surprised that neither of our energy bars budged one iota off 100% after 10+ miles and an hour of cruising around.

We did note that our butts gave out before our legs did! Gotta decide on some new seats before we head out to Sedona.

Sedona sounds like fun. I think we will take the xp's on our next trip to Sedona Summit. I hope you remember to tell us about your Sedona adventure.

Bill

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I already have a nice oversize gel foam seat on my 'regular' bike. I recommend them and will probably transfer it onto my new RadRunner.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bill 20mph is plenty fast enough to do some serious damage when some dummy in a car pulls out in front of you or unexpectedly opens a door. Don't be an organ donor. Get and wear helmets.

Sounds like you had some good fun on your ride! Looking forward to getting mine. (drumming fingers impatiently on desk!)

Jim

I'm not worried about helmets but we will probably get some. Our top cruising speed today was a short burst to 20 mph which is the default high speed unless you reprogram. We were mostly a comfortable 10 mph or less on average so we could talk. We rode side by side. I do think a left side mirror and horn is needed more than a helmet. And a lock.

I was really surprised at how the fat tires absorb bumps. I purposely ran over bumps and went over the curb. I wasn't going fast and it was tolerable.

Bill

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Seriously?
Helmets are Important!!!
A small fall (that can and will happen) with skull hitting pavement can be debilitating — why spend the rest of your life drooling over a simple thing like wearing a helmet?

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seriously?
Helmets are Important!!!
A small fall (that can and will happen) with skull hitting pavement can be debilitating — why spend the rest of your life drooling over a simple thing like wearing a helmet?

They are. Most people don't realize that the risk of head injury per million hours traveled is twice as much for walking than riding a bike. I think I might live long enough to see the day that helmets are required to walk the way things are going, lol.

I plan to get helmets but it's kind of like the life jackets in the boat. I will always wear it when required or if I feel at risk. Or if my wife says I have to.

Bill

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t think twice about wearing my bike helmet. It's comfortable, even in hot, humid Midwest weather. But, I admit I only wear a life jacket if I’m paddling through white water.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t think twice about wearing my bike helmet. It's comfortable, even in hot, humid Midwest weather. But, I admit I only wear a life jacket if I’m paddling through white water.
Speaking of....I made the DUMB (really dumb) decision to go through class V rapids on a trip in Colorado 3 summers ago (against my instincts). Our raft got flipped , I got tossed out and legitimately am lucky to be alive to this day. Thank god I had a helmet on as I was bashed into multiple boulders over and over as I got pushed through the river and was rescued. Truly the scariest thing I have ever experienced and am grateful to be alive.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I plan to get helmets but it's kind of like the life jackets in the boat. I will always wear it when required or if I feel at risk. Or if my wife says I have to.
Helmet story: Back in maybe '77 or so, the first 'nice day of Spring. Maybe April. A friend had a couple of motorcycles, so we decided for a ride in the countryside. I was on a 450 Kawasaki. We were barreling along a paved country highway and decided to turn across a graveled bridge over a canal. A 90 degree turn. The bike slipped sideways and I slid down that wooden guardrail. I was gouged deeply from my mid-chest and my right bicep. My buddy rode up and asked if I was OK. I said, 'I don't think so.' I wrapped my arm with a t-shirt and we headed home- about 20 miles. Of course, when you're about 40 and bullet proof, you stop at the bar on the way to the hospital. When I walked into the ER, they asked if I was wearing a helmet. Incredulous, I said, 'I didn't hit my f-ing HEAD!'

Wear a helmet anyway- even if your wife doesn't tell you to!

Jim

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
@Cornell, we used to live on the Snake River just outside of Hell’s Canyon, and have done a lot of whitewater rafting. That must have been terrifying. DH got caught in a whirlpool once and said he never felt so helpless before. You’re invincible, until you’re not.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
@Passepartout, your wife is getting you outfitted with Kevlar for riding your new eBike, right? You sound like a daredevil!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
@Passepartout, your wife is getting you outfitted with Kevlar for riding your new eBike, right? You sound like a daredevil!
Thanks. I think I've learned some and gotten over the testosterone poisoning. :)

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am not adverse to helmets, lol. I have worn many in my life. I have snocross, motocross, road bike and work helmets. I even have a fishing helmet. So thank you every one for the concern. We are getting ebike helmets.

Bill

Brett

Reaction score
I am not adverse to helmets, lol. I have worn many in my life. I have snocross, motocross, road bike and work helmets. I even have a fishing helmet. So thank you every one for the concern. We are getting ebike helmets.

Bill

reminds me of a sign in a motorcycle shop many decades ago - If you have a $10 head get a $10 helmet

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Re: Helmets
Does anyone know someone that hasn’t fallen while biking?
I don’t...
I just fell (slipped) a couple of weeks ago - jammed thumb (still hurts) and head bumped on tree trunk.

In 2000, I flipped and broke my shoulder blade (hard to do) - my helmet broke, but saved my skull. Two days later, I had to do a presentation to Senior Scientific Committee in a sling and buzzing from Percocet. Fun!

Unexpected typical fall? Animal darts in front of bike out of nowhere. I learned to just close my eyes with those damn squirrels.

Glad to hear that everyone is being conscious in protecting their brains.

Brett

Reaction score
Re: Helmets
Does anyone know someone that hasn’t fallen while biking?
I don’t...
I just fell (slipped) a couple of weeks ago - jammed thumb (still hurts) and head bumped on tree trunk.

In 2000, I flipped and broke my shoulder blade (hard to do) - my helmet broke, but saved my skull. Two days later, I had to do a presentation to Senior Scientific Committee in a sling and buzzing from Percocet. Fun!

Unexpected typical fall? Animal darts in front of bike out of nowhere. I learned to just close my eyes with those damn squirrels.

Glad to hear that everyone is being conscious in protecting their brains.

yes, I've taken a fall on a bicycle and a motorcycle a long time ago
I like to think now at my age that I'm getting smarter, better, slower .....