• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

eBay Purchases

Nocdavis

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kohala Suites
Someone got a descent deal yesterday. I went up to .50/point but it ended up going for .56/point. Has anyone purchased through the timeshare_warehouse seller on eBay? I've only purchased through trusted resellers (Diane, Seth, etc...) but I've seen some compelling deals on eBay and would love to hear others experiences using that purchasing avenue.

1594301346453.png

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
It looks the same as this thread.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
With any reseller, eBay or other, always do a search on them in the forums. Many members with give reports, both good and bad on them.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've done eBay with a different reseller - The Timeshare Group (I think the eBay name was something like Ochoa25). No problems and very smooth.

Cheers.

BK2019

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Saratoga Springs
HGVC Paradise
I've used timeshare_cures simple and easy.

Nocdavis

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kohala Suites
Thanks for the feedback all. As there does appear to be another post on this you are welcome to delete this thread. That's on me - my apologies.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
Someone got a descent deal yesterday. I went up to .50/point but it ended up going for .56/point. Has anyone purchased through the timeshare_warehouse seller on eBay? I've only purchased through trusted resellers (Diane, Seth, etc...) but I've seen some compelling deals on eBay and would love to hear others experiences using that purchasing avenue.

View attachment 23345
I bought The Residences (Gold week 1BR premier) through Timeshare Warehouse on EBay in early May and it was a flawless process. They had great communication and from winning bid to being in my account was less than 30days. I highly recommend them.

Sean

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
What is amazing to me about the ebay seller is 3774 transactions and 100% positive reviews in a TS business. Wow, and then add the positive feedback from TUG members to ensure that those numbers are real.

Just saying.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is amazing to me about the ebay seller is 3774 transactions and 100% positive reviews in a TS business. Wow, and then add the positive feedback from TUG members to ensure that those numbers are real.

Just saying.

My only dealings with timeshare_warehouse was about 8 or 9 years ago, and it was unsatisfactorily SLOW. I had the feeling at the time that the seller was struggling to get items closed and transferred. It was my opinion that they didn't use a dedicated closing service, and they handled everything on their own (timeshare-warehouse denied handling their own closings at the time).

Be very careful about the 3774 transaction feedback; most of that feedback has NOTHING TO DO with Timeshare transactions. Matter of fact, a lot of that feedback came from "trash" type transactions.

Remember, they are being paid twice! Once from the actual owner of record (who generously pay timeshare_warehouse to take it off their hands) and then once again from the winning high bidder on eBay.

Personally? I would never use them again unless they allowed me to use the closing company I elect to use (I always use LT Transfers). Trust me, they will never allow you to use your own closing company!

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
What TheTimeTraveler said above ^^^^

They only have one rating in the last six months, three positive ratings for the last year. The rest are from over a year ago back to 2011, for things like Pokemon cards, DVD's, Roku devices, etc. Not saying they aren't legit, but Whippet should proceed cautiously. Do not let them drag it out.

Whippet

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land
So far communication has all been through Lakeside Closing Service of Clermont, FL. Process moving along without a problem so far.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
@Whippet:
did your purchase successfully close? ( I am looking for recent TUG feedback on Timeshare_Warehouse.)

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I bought a 1 BR SVV Key West from them on eBay on September 6th. Deed was recorded the week of October 12th and it showed up in my Vistana account on November 2nd. Cameron St John was the closing agent through Lakeside Closing Service. No real issues with the transaction although there were a few typos in the eBay listing that I had them clarify and confirm with the estoppel before getting the closing started.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
What TheTimeTraveler said above ^^^^

They only have one rating in the last six months, three positive ratings for the last year. The rest are from over a year ago back to 2011, for things like Pokemon cards, DVD's, Roku devices, etc. Not saying they aren't legit, but Whippet should proceed cautiously. Do not let them drag it out.

This is an older comment, but I wanted to reply to this. The whole notion of eBay ratings for TS sales folks is flawed. The problem is that it takes more than 30 days (I think that's the limit) to know if things are going OK with the seller and, by that time, it's too late to add feedback. Or maybe it's 60 days, but that's still not long enough in most cases. So a paucity of any comments (positive or negative) for TS sellers should be expected as the norm on eBay, unfortunately.

Cheers.

mrbocce

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Nice deal/ Just for the record what are/were the maint fees on that?

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District

mrbocce

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
very nice. thanks for the reply

NascarGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Waikoloa King's Land, HGVC - Bay Club, DRI - Sunrise Ridge
I've done eBay with a different reseller - The Timeshare Group (I think the eBay name was something like Ochoa25). No problems and very smooth.

Cheers.
I have done two transactions with this eBay seller. One for a Marriott property and one for an HGVC property. Both went smooth, Very smooth and professional. No surprises.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Bought two MVC properties from them, both went smoothly.

Locksmythe

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Thank you for feedback on the Timeshare-group. I made a last second bid on our first resale and won. Came here to see if it is legit before I sign/pay.

Thanks all for the great community support!

blu816305

Reaction score
I had a great experience with Timeshare Warehouse! 2BR platinum unit at Grand Vista. Cameron at Lakeside Closing service was awesome! It took 3 months but my experience was flawless.

Here was my timeline and experience:.

Locksmythe

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Thank you for feedback on the Timeshare-group. I made a last second bid on our first resale and won. Came here to see if it is legit before I sign/pay.

Thanks all for the great community support!

To follow up, our purchase of 4800 Odd Year points at The Bay Club in Hawaii closed in about 35 days without issue. John Hamlet at timeshare-group was the agent with a sale price of $1 through ebay. It is not the best maintenance fee ratio, of course, but at the price paid it would take a very long time to end up losing. We will probably pass it to someone else before then. We already own an odd year only elsewhere in the HGVC system, so we are not out any additional cost on that even year membership fee.

Bid on 1st of April, Got the deed today.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
To follow up, our purchase of 4800 Odd Year points at The Bay Club in Hawaii closed in about 35 days without issue. John Hamlet at timeshare-group was the agent with a sale price of $1 through ebay. It is not the best maintenance fee ratio, of course, but at the price paid it would take a very long time to end up losing. We will probably pass it to someone else before then. We already own an odd year only elsewhere in the HGVC system, so we are not out any additional cost on that even year membership fee.

Bid on 1st of April, Got the deed today.

I have worked with John Hamlet on a prior deal and both he and the group are very professional.

Cheers.