• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Earliest Date to Pool 2015 Points???

johnstonga

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK, here's a question for the the "smartest owner in the land"

Whats the earliest date I can pool points for Use Year ending 2015??

Thanks

rrlongwell

Reaction score

Thanks

Sorry, your minimum qualification to answer the question leaves me out. Maybe, give Wyndham Reservations a call and attempt to pool the points. If they let you great, if not then they can tell you the date.

Last edited:

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)

Thanks

I would think it depends on when your Use Year(s) start...

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not the smartest, but I do have a little experience

I pooled my jan use year 2014 points (they expire Dec 31 2014) in Jan 2012...I am looking forward to pooling my 2015 points in Jan 2013

johnstonga

TUG Member
Reaction score
I nominate Ron!!

I nominate Ron for 'smartest owner in the land' ....

.... my use year end date is 12/31 ... 2015 in this case.

I will plan on pooling my 2015 points next January, which would be practically perfect!

GAJ

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
I'm Missing Something Here

Not the smartest, but I do have a little experience

I pooled my jan use year 2014 points (they expire Dec 31 2014) in Jan 2012...I am looking forward to pooling my 2015 points in Jan 2013

I don't understand the advantage in pooling points until they must be pooled or lost. For me that is

1) the last date such points can be pooled, or

2) when I might fall below 27,000 point available for pooling.

Aren't they available for three years after pooling? 2015 points pooled Jan 2013 must be used by Dec 31, 2015. 2015 points not pooled must be used by Dec 31, 2015. What's the advantage in pooling?

Can you use your 2014 pooled points now in 2012? If not, why pool earlier that necessary?

Jim

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the advantage in pooling points until they must be pooled or lost. For me that is

Aren't they available for three years after pooling? 2015 points pooled Jan 2013 must be used by Dec 31, 2015. 2015 points not pooled must be used by Dec 31, 2015. What's the advantage in pooling?

Can you use your 2014 pooled points now in 2012? If not, why pool earlier that necessary?

Jim

The answer is yes, I can use my 2014 points in 2012...In fact I have already used them

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The answer is yes, I can use my 2014 points in 2012...In fact I have already used them

WOW! I didn't know that. Ron just might be smartest owner in the land.:cheer:

rrlongwell

Reaction score
I don't understand the advantage in pooling points until they must be pooled or lost ...

There a lot of reasons someone might want to use all the future points they can as soon as they can.

1. Something in a specific current year requires a large number of points, such as a family re-union.

2. Use of the timeshare points in conjuction with employment, such as business trips etc.

3. People renting units might need the future points to get the most desireable current year resorts/timeframes.

4. People getting ready to sell or transfer their timeshare and they do not want to turn over points to the new owner or the Resort Homeowners Association etc.

a. The above is one reason, if buying re-sale, the buyer needs to confirm just what points come with the purchase and which ones do not.

5. People that foresee a downturn of their financial position and want to use all the vacation points they can so they are not lost when their account becomes deliquent. That would give them time to resolve the situation, then bring the account back up to date without lossing use of the points.

6. Aging people that do not foresee their being able to travel in the upcoming future. Etc.

Last edited:

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
More Questions

Can an owner pool future year's points and then use them without prepaying the future year's maintenance fee, or must the future year's fee be paid first?

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Can an owner pool future year's points and then use them without prepaying the future year's maintenance fee, or must the future year's fee be paid first?

In my case, they bill me monthly regardles of the number of points used in any given use year. I have seen this when I use the borrowed points feature.

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WOW again. This information is well worth my $15 TUG membership fee.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can an owner pool future year's points and then use them without prepaying the future year's maintenance fee, or must the future year's fee be paid first?[/QUOTE

This is in the category of do as I say, dont do as I do...Probably not the smartest thing to do... but yes..I pay by the month. and Aprils bills are on my desk...I have two reservations made for 2013 dates, but by May 5 this years I will have used all my 2012, 2013 and 2014 points; pretty much all done with "borrowed" funds...My grandmother used to call it "robbing peter to pay paul".

Thats why Im scrambling to add some new stuff...I have 3 fixed weeks in transfer, and just made a deal for some Worldmark credits, and I have a verbal arrangement for a pile of Wyndham points (hopefully the seller will make some reservations for me if I pay his mf)

Dont do this

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score

Jim

Remember that most owners must place points in the credit pool BEFORE the use year begins so only Plat/Gold VIP owners will tend to use credit pooling as a way to avoid losing points late in the game. For most owners, it is a mechanism that allows them to PLAN to spend more points than they normally have available to them, whether due to a special event such as family reunion, splurge trip on a high points reservation, etc. In Ron's case, he regularly pools because he spends points faster than he can buy them and pooling them gives him more points to work with.

The only caution is to remember that if you need to use your home resort ARP, you will not be able to do so with credit pooled points. Only regular points can be used for ARP reservations.

Last edited:

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can an owner pool future year's points and then use them without prepaying the future year's maintenance fee, or must the future year's fee be paid first?[/QUOTE

This is in the category of do as I say, dont do as I do...Probably not the smartest thing to do... but yes..I pay by the month. and Aprils bills are on my desk...I have two reservations made for 2013 dates, but by May 5 this years I will have used all my 2012, 2013 and 2014 points; pretty much all done with "borrowed" funds...My grandmother used to call it "robbing peter to pay paul".

Thats why Im scrambling to add some new stuff...I have 3 fixed weeks in transfer, and just made a deal for some Worldmark credits, and I have a verbal arrangement for a pile of Wyndham points (hopefully the seller will make some reservations for me if I pay his mf)

Dont do this

The other reason to do this is if you want to figure out how many points you actually would use during a year. We did this and used all of our next years points the year before and went out and added to our ownership.

Jason

shaun401

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why I pool my points

I pool my points as a means of not having to use the new Wyndham RCI system. I have about 100k points that I was not able to use due to caring for an ill parent that will roll over. With my parent being ill there is a lot of uncertainty in my vacation plans so I pool my points so that I won't have to wory about it.