• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DRI 35K for 10,000 points

Clare123

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI US collection
Hi,
We’ve got 10 days to back out of a $35K for 10,000 points deal with DRI. I’m starting to read into this and think we’ve not got a good deal. Looking for some advice. Thank you.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
That is a more per Point than I paid a couple years ago. It all depends on if you want/need some of the benefits of buying from DRI. Such as Club Select/Club Combination, which only applies if you own other timeshares and it is written into your Contract. The ability to Book into more than just the US Collection, such as Hawaii, Mexico, Europe, or Asia at 10 months directly.

When you buy DRI on the Secondary Market you are restricted to Booking directly only into your Home Collection. You can Book into other Collections through II, but then you are not treated as a DRI Member such as Resort Daily Fees.

Edit: You might want to put this under DRI under all other timeshares section.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescind. Then research. And if timeshare is right for you and your family, there are lots of resales available for pennies on the developer's dollar.

Follow the rescission instructions in your contract. Absent those, we recommend USPS Certified mail w/return receipt. The letter needn't be legalese or notarized. Just be sure that everyone who signed the contract signs the letter. Stay away from the Salesroom. They will ask for a reason, then counter-offer or sweeten the deal.

This deal is only good for DRI.

Welcome To TUG!

Jim

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's the deal we were offered earlier this month at Ocean Beach Club and easily said no thanks, even though the Club Combination idea was compelling. Interestingly, although we paid $70/week to park our car, they did not charge us the daily resort fee. We had booked two units through two different methods: a one-bedroom with an II Getaway, and a studio through an II AC. They did put those two together for us, and we got an great ocean-front suite on the 7th floor. Couldn't beat the view, but, wow, are those units pretty small for two-bedrooms (and that studio is tiny!) And the family pool was usually 1) crowded or 2) disgusting. Apparently, one of the filters hadn't been working at full capacity the weekend we arrived, and it showed. Because of that, they made arrangements for us to be allowed to us the indoor family pool at Beach Quarters one day.

Clare123

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI US collection
Thanks for your reply. We did get II, club select and 10K bonus points. Have you found the availability of the DRI resorts to be good if you do plan 10 months in advance? Thanks!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
congrats, you just saved yourself $35,000 bucks!

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
The only Resort we have had problems booking is Frenchmen Street in NOLA. It is an associate and space is very limited. We had hoped to get 3 weeks but only got 1. So we are in our WM the other two weeks. We have not had a problem with Hawaii or Europe. But we tend to go the shoulder seasons.

JeffDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Monarch Grand Vacations
I'd advise rescind. Is this a resale deal or developer? You said 'with DRI', but your price per point is maybe half of the cost I recall being quoted last from the developer. Remember that you'll have something like $1500 per year maintenance fees, every year, to go along with the purchase price.

If this is resale, there are several ads here in the TUG marketplace for points that are free or nearly so - you could get that many resale points for a few hundred dollars (plus whatever closing costs you pay).

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own Diamond, like the system, and I definitely think you should rescind!!!! You can get what you are looking for much more cheaply. RESCIND!!! Then spend a month or two reading TUG. Then if you think the package makes sense, you can always make the purchase in a few months.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
I'd advise rescind. Is this a resale deal or developer? You said 'with DRI', but your price per point is maybe half of the cost I recall being quoted last from the developer. Remember that you'll have something like $1500 per year maintenance fees, every year, to go along with the purchase price.

If this is resale, there are several ads here in the TUG marketplace for points that are free or nearly so - you could get that many resale points for a few hundred dollars (plus whatever closing costs you pay).

We bought directly from DRI in the Hawaiian Collection and we paid less that was paid by the Poster. So while DRI may start pretty high you have to take the time to bring the price per Point down.

Clare123

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI US collection
I'd advise rescind
I own Diamond, like the system, and I definitely think you should rescind!!!! You can get what you are looking for much more cheaply. RESCIND!!! Then spend a month or two reading TUG. Then if you think the package makes sense, you can always make the purchase in a few months.

. Is this a resale deal or developer? You said 'with DRI', but your price per point is maybe half of the cost I recall being quoted last from the developer. Remember that you'll have something like $1500 per year maintenance fees, every year, to go along with the purchase price.

Hi,
It’s with

farawayhomeranger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts International (points membership)
Hi,
We’ve got 10 days to back out of a $35K for 10,000 points deal with DRI. I’m starting to read into this and think we’ve not got a good deal. Looking for some advice. Thank you.

I just joined TUG today and I (as a current DRI member) would recommend you read the article in this forum on how to sell your timeshare. One of the recommendations is to checkout the TUG marketplace for folks wanting to sell their timeshares. You may find a much better deal in that group rather than trying to buy directly from DRI. If you do decide to turn down the DRI deal, recommend you do so after considering the information you can get on the TUG website so you have a solid basis for deciding not to take the deal.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just joined TUG today. . . If you do decide to turn down the DRI deal, recommend you do so after considering the information you can get on the TUG website so you have a solid basis for deciding not to take the deal.
Whoa up here, newbie. The OP has just rescinded her developer purchase. She doesn't even have her refund yet. Let's get her educated, and see if TS is even valid for her before leading her to the resale TS lot.

We like to recommend that people rent a few times- in different systems- to really get a feel for what works for them before committing to a lifetime of MFs even on a freebie.

WBP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Write your rescision letter, make sure that all parties who signed you contract with DRI sign the rescision letter, and send the rescison letter by USPS Certified Mail to whatever address your contract states, to rescind. Make certain that your rescision letter and related actions meet all of the requirements prescribed in your contract. Although not stated in the contract, I would simultaneously dispute your credit card charge, if that is how you paid your deposit.

Once you have your money back, thank your lucky stars, and do yourself a favor, and never visit a Diamond resort, again, or sign a purchase and sale agreement for a timeshare, without first doing extensive research. In my opinion, the timeshare fish tank is full of sharks, with a few exceptions.

NotShareWI

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Clare123, did the rescission go ok? I am waiting on my money back and was curious as to the time frame of the refund showing back up on my credit card accounts.
Thank you.

Clare123

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI US collection
Clare123, did the rescission go ok? I am waiting on my money back and was curious as to the time frame of the refund showing back up on my credit card accounts.
Thank you.
Hi,
Yes went through fine. Husband got a sales call to ask why. I contacted them separately to make sure they’d received it. Was within the 20 days we got the refund but don’t remember exactly the timeframe.

NotShareWI

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you, Clare123. I faxed the letter on calendar day 5. The tablet arrived with the original letter on day 8. This is FL, so it met the day 10 requirement. Now it is day 11 since receipt of my fax. I am hopeful that I will see the reversal of charges within the next 9 days.