• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Doubts About Contact Tracing

Yellowfin

TUG Member
Reaction score

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Living in a more rural area of the country, contact tracing makes some sense here since it is much easier to maintain social distancing. But in areas with higher population density, I can't see how it could possibly be worth the expenditure of time and money.

I would think the time and effort invested in contact tracing would be better invested toward more testing - create even more testing centers, increase test processing capability, expand test center hours - etc.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
... I would think the time and effort invested in contact tracing would be better invested toward more testing - create even more testing centers, increase test processing capability, expand test center hours - etc.

But some say that if we did less testing, there'd be less COVID-19. [/Satire]

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
NYC has told contact tracers not to ask about whether they've been attending demonstrations.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
If someone I've been in contact with contracts the virus I would want to be contacted so that I would be vigilant in case I contract it and if so I can contact those with whom I've been in contact to let them know they might contract it.o_O.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
If someone I've been in contact with contracts the virus I would want to be contacted so that I would be vigilant in case I contract it and if so I can contact those with whom I've been in contact to let them know they might contract it.o_O.
I agree with this idea entirely, but is there truly a practical, efficient and accurate manner in which to measure and perform tracing in areas where you come into contact with higher numbers of people? I still suggest the money being put toward contact tracing would be better spent toward testing. But just for grins, I was thinking about yesterday when I had to make a trip to town and if I had to recount the interactions I had, could I accurately do that?

No doubt, we can easily imagine the weakness in contact tracing when a person is out in public. I interacted with a person at Home Depot - do not recall his name but we maintained the 6 foot social distancing spacing. Do I include this person or not? I have no idea what their name was and I really can't provide much of a description. Young, male, perhaps post high school age or early college, around 3 pm. What would a contact tracer do with that info? Can you imagine how fast a contact web would sprawl?

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
From what I understand, it is only considered "contact" if you spent 15+ minutes with a person. Anyone else hear it this way? If that is the case, I could do a better job making a list of my contacts. And yes, I would alter my behavior if told I had been in contact with someone who tested positive.I

As of today, in my world, I do not know anyone who has tested positive.
And I do not know anyone who knows anyone who has tested positive.

Third party stories are the closest I have come -- and I am grateful.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I just saw a report on CNN that indicated when you get the phone call notifying you that you have been named as someone a covid positive patient has come in contact with, and of course the first thing you ask is "who have I been in contact with?", the answer is "we can't tell you because of privacy rules". My response would be "click". You can't tell me who I might have come in contact with, I automatically classify you as a phone scammer.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
From what I understand, it is only considered "contact" if you spent 15+ minutes with a person. Anyone else hear it this way? If that is the case, I could do a better job making a list of my contacts. And yes, I would alter my behavior if told I had been in contact with someone who tested positive.I

Four of my sisters friends had it and it wasn’t pleasant. Her neighbors nephew 30’s passed away from it with no pre existing conditions.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates

And I have two friends who have lost parents.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
And I have two friends who have lost parents.
I think when it affects your family or someone you know, the severity is real, and Cannot be ignored.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
So far (knock wood) we have no friends/acquaintances or to my knowledge, no friends of friends who have contracted the virus. That said, our area is fairly rural, we began (or maybe kept up) isolating perhaps as early as February. It looks like we'll be keeping it up as long as it takes. (sigh)

Jim

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
My daughters two best friends (who are 17 YO twins) had C19. Both very mild symptoms. My daughter was with both of them the day before they tested positive. She's fine.

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just saw a report on CNN that indicated when you get the phone call notifying you that you have been named as someone a covid positive patient has come in contact with, and of course the first thing you ask is "who have I been in contact with?", the answer is "we can't tell you because of privacy rules". My response would be "click". You can't tell me who I might have come in contact with, I automatically classify you as a phone scammer.
I understand concerns about scammers. They are rampant. But if I got a phone call like this, I would go get tested. I don't see how a scammer would benefit from that.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
My daughters two best friends (who are 17 YO twins) had C19. Both very mild symptoms. My daughter was with both of them the day before they tested positive. She's fine.
Was she tested?

Yellowfin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I understand concerns about scammers. They are rampant. But if I got a phone call like this, I would go get tested. I don't see how a scammer would benefit from that.
lol, maybe just a stalker

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Well as a nurse I can tell you knowing you have had contact with a positive pt gets you nothing. Not a 14 day quarantine not a test, just a let us know if you get sick.

My BFF in SoCal also a nurse just got a call.
You have been exposed.
By whom.
Can’t answer. How do you feel.
Fine . Answers the standard C-19 questions, fever, cough, etc.
Do I need to be tested? Quarantined?
Nope. Actually its been more than 14 days so your fine. Come to work as usual.

Keep in mind she was contacted by her employee health department.

So my initial statement above applies to a hospital in SoCal and my employer in NorCal.

My DD’s boyfriends Dad is currently on a ventilator. Healthy late 40’s Firefighter. Exposed on the job.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score