• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DeX Inventory: Massive Decrease in Availability

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
I’ll limit this discussion to P@P, KBC, and The Modern.

HGV has, IMO, clearly changed inventory availability in DeX for both weeks and points owners. In the past, there was plenty of availability at DRI managed resorts in Hawaii. Since HGV acquired DRI, inventory is nearly non-existent at P@P and KBC. The Modern seems to have the same availability as before.

Availability in March 2022:
P@P: 726
KBC: 1,268

Availability in the last week:
P@P: 0 earlier, but 5 now
KBC: 4 earlier, but 31 now

I called DeX services earlier this week and explained I was very concerned that HGV has changed inventory availability in DeX. The CSR stated the following:

1. Availability is based on owner deposits
2. HGV hasn’t changed availability

CSR stated 1 and 2 above as based on what HGV told them; however, CSR admitted DRI/HVC owners who work with in the DeX department have also voiced concerns about the decrease in availability. I told her a mild decrease would be understandable since owners are traveling more frequently now compared to the last few years. I challenged the statement that it’s only owner deposits since there is a ton of availability at The Modern. CSR agreed in principle, but stated that’s not what HGV has relayed to them. I told her it seemed apparent that DRI put some unsold inventory in DeX (I know some of you will disagree with this statement), but that HGV is not doing the same thing.

The above applies to Traditional DeX (for weeks owners), but I had a points owner check in DeX and there was 0 availability for both P@P and KBC.

My biggest question is: Where has all the inventory gone? Phrased another way: Where is HGV advertising/making it available?

I also wonder if this is a permanent change or if it will be phased into DeX again in the future.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
From https://destinationxchange.com/WhyUs
"Always great vacation options available – Destination Xchange is not a deposit driven exchange business, which means that you don’t have to wait for other Members to deposit their vacation weeks. We have a readily available pool of developer inventory that Members will have access to."

Maybe in place of deposit in DeX some Hawaii developer inventory, HGV will deposit them in THE Club at 6 months mark for HGVCmax members because they know that the Hawaii weeks of the Hawaii Collection inventory and deeded weeks enrolled in THE Club will be close to zero at 6 months ?

Maybe in place of deposit in DeX some Hawaii developer inventory, HGV will rent them only ?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
From the HGVC side of HGV Max there is no availability at P@P for the next 6 months. At KBC there is a 1 BR Scenic View 1A available for two days in July. There is a fair amount of availability at The Modern in Studio HVX and HWX units plus a few in HTX. If they are doing something with those resorts, it isn't making them available to the HGVC side as far as I can tell. Could be they're adjusting how they are allocated or something like that, but nothing has appeared on this side yet.

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Could be they're adjusting how they are allocated or something like that, but nothing has appeared on this side yet.
That's my guess, but it's such a drastic change for owners using DeX. They're clearly working on some internal changes to the system. There are currently 2 entries for P@P; IIRC, the 2nd one appeared after the acquisition. Availability started fluctuating sometime around the last quarter of last year. I'm somewhat hoping the system integration is the primary reason; although, I think that's just wishful thinking.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a data point.

I searched for 7 nights at Point at Poipu using my THE Club membership every month for the next 10 months. NOTHING. This is not normal.
I do see KBC availability, though.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a data point.

I searched for 7 nights at Point at Poipu using my THE Club membership every month for the next 10 months. NOTHING. This is not normal.
I do see KBC availability, though.
Type The Point at Poipu in the search box and when the choices appear, don't select the first one in the list but select the second in the list to get availability.

1674518590582.png

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score

edboyd59

TUG Member
Reaction score
That worked, why though???
Why are there two listings for the property in the first place? It has to be a glitch in the coding that was put into the system. Someone coded it wrong, reentered it, and then didn't remove the incorrect listing. That is just speculation but I see no other logical explanation.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why are there two listings for the property in the first place? It has to be a glitch in the coding that was put into the system. Someone coded it wrong, reentered it, and then didn't remove the incorrect listing. That is just speculation but I see no other logical explanation.
This duplicate listing shows for other resorts, too.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
This duplicate listing shows for other resorts, too.
Just a random guess, could they be different for week and trust owners?