• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Denver and Wisconsin

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad you guys got back to visit old friends and your former stomping grounds. I'll wave as you fly over not far south of us. You'll be ready for Aloha at home.

Jim

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 16 wks; Maui Schooner, 1 EOY Wk; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Thank Goodness for wheelchair assist. They weren't waiting for us and we had to wait for 40 minutes but they got us to the gate on time.

Kim would have never made that with the new Denver Airport. 🤙🏻

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Slip you missed some heavy storms this afternoon. Hope you had an uneventful ride home

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Made it home and unpacked. Drove straight through from Wyndham's facility at Wilderness Lodge, 899 miles per Google Maps. Worst traffic we saw was on the Capitol Beltway at Tyson's Corner.

Hot all the way, 91-95 degrees except for some rain showers that cooled things to the low 70s.

I seriously dislike the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Gotta be a way to pull at both ends and straighten it out some. PA Turnpike touts itself as the "first superhighway" in the US. First and still the crookedest.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 16 wks; Maui Schooner, 1 EOY Wk; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Slip you missed some heavy storms this afternoon. Hope you had an uneventful ride home
We just finished unpacking. After all that travel, we got to Molokai ten minutes early.😀

Feels great to be home. Kim ordered a couple pizzas when we got to the airport and I was getting the car from the lot. They were ready when we got to town.

Tomorrow we need to go shopping and restock the refrigerator after we emptied it before we left.

It feels so good to be home and unpacked. Kim and I agreed that we planned the perfect amount of time for our visit. We didn't feel too rushed and we got around and saw everyone and everything that we wanted to.

20240621_181850.jpg

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
And how is your Green Stalk????

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lots of flooding and road closures in Baraboo after heavy rains last two days

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

cindylou

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV - 2 DOF, 2 OF
Sheraton Lakeside Terrace Villas at Mountain Vista - 2 winter, 1 summer, 1 shoulder
Our trip to the Upper Midwest ends tomorrow AM. Heading back to Virginia.

Here is one photo each from places we visited while in the area -- the Dells, Circus World, Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial, Devil's Tower, and Badlands NP.

This was my first time in WI, MN, and SD. North Dakota is now the only state I've never visited.
When you go to North Dakota, I recommend you stop at the Fargo Visitor's Center, where they will bestow up on you a "Saved the Best for Last" certificate and T-shirt, ask you to join the "Saved the Best for Last" Facebook group, and you can take pictures with a wood chipper and wear funny hats, a la the TV show "Fargo." They go all out and it is quite the welcome you receive.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When you go to North Dakota, I recommend you stop at the Fargo Visitor's Center, where they will bestow up on you a "Saved the Best for Last" certificate and T-shirt, ask you to join the "Saved the Best for Last" Facebook group, and you can take pictures with a wood chipper and wear funny hats, a la the TV show "Fargo." They go all out and it is quite the welcome you receive.
Yep, that's what my daughter did.🤙🏻

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad you had a good trip and visit back in the mainland. Good to hear from you. enjoy that great Molokai weather Slip,:cool:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Glad you had a good trip and visit back in the mainland. Good to hear from you. enjoy that great Molokai weather Slip,:cool:
We have been!! Nothing but rain and flooding back in Wisconsin from what I hear.

82 with nice trade winds on the golf course today.🤙🏻😎🌴

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Took my company for a ride on Canyon Road. Did you see the new additions at the a wilderness resort
IMG_3979.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
The fish was excellent. Kim was ready for the Friday Fish Fry.

View attachment 94597

View attachment 94598

The tables are made from the wood from the old. Owning always that used to be in the building.

View attachment 94599

After that we took a ride through Baraboo and went past our old house. We'll drive past our last house too tomorrow.

Then we stopped at Kim's twin sisters house and talked for a bit. We are meeting a group of friends tomorrow at one of our old hangouts in Downtown Baraboo tomorrow. 🤙🏻
Sadly, the vintage era bowling alley closed in late 2018, just a couple of months after I was there in October '18. Here are a couple photos of what the 6 lanes Baraboo Elks Lodge Bowling Alley looked like on my last visit there.

20181003_182642.jpg
20181003_185650.jpg
20181003_191416-1.jpg

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've only driven through the Smokey Mountains once but I got a total Dells-vibe when I was there.

My understanding is that Wisconsin schools (by law) cannot start until after Labor Day and I think the idea behind that law is that teen labor is needed to support the tourism business.
I believe they start before Labor Day in most areas now.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
<<SNIPPED>>

No matter where we go anywhere in the world, when we get to a touristy town, we always say "It's kind of like the Dells". :D
LOL on "like the Dells" as the first time I was there, I thought it felt "like Branson" and didn't care much for it.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SLIP sorry I missed this entire thread until now. I would have loved to have connected while you were here . . . if I was in Wisconsin at the time.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SLIP sorry I missed this entire thread until now. I would have loved to have connected while you were here . . . if I was in Wisconsin at the time.
Yes, that would have been excellent. It's sounding like 5 more years before a return.

Mahalo for the pictures of the Elks bowling Alley. I had bowled there a couple times but my wife bowled there a lot and the high school went there for gym class.🤙🏻

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've only driven through the Smokey Mountains once but I got a total Dells-vibe when I was there.

My understanding is that Wisconsin schools (by law) cannot start until after Labor Day and I think the idea behind that law is that teen labor is needed to support the tourism business.
Talking about teen labor, my grandson applied at one attraction in may. She said she would hire him. He called before school let out, and she said she would call on Father’s Day. Well she never called, I drove him to the place yesterday and she wasn’t there. He is really down in the dumps, wont try anywhere else. He is 15. Jobs are filled with foreign students.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Talking about teen labor, my grandson applied at one attraction in may. She said she would hire him. He called before school let out, and she said she would call on Father’s Day. Well she never called, I drove him to the place yesterday and she wasn’t there. He is really down in the dumps, wont try anywhere else. He is 15. Jobs are filled with foreign students.
That's really crummy. I hear lots of people say "kids today won't work!". Well , I know a lot of teens who put in job applications at places that have "help wanted" signs and they never hear back. A 16 YO I know got hired by an ice cream shop for the summer and she's only been given about 10 hours a week , which is NOT what she had in mind nor was told.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's really crummy. I hear lots of people say "kids today won't work!". Well , I know a lot of teens who put in job applications at places that have "help wanted" signs and they never hear back. A 16 YO I know got hired by an ice cream shop for the summer and she's only been given about 10 hours a week , which is NOT what she had in mind nor was told.
I know, and she probably would have had him for years, instead of one summer. My grandson needs the experiences of working with people.