• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Denver and Wisconsin

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 16 wks; Maui Schooner, 1 EOY Wk; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Yes, it seems so cold this morning here at Christmas Mountain.
my grandsons go to Dells schools.
I chaperoned the eighth grade send off last week.
five ducks picked them up, drove them to the ducks ride, after that knuckleheads for bowling ,trampolines , and rides. Pizzas delivered by moose jaw, then drove them to jet boats on upper dells, they took the boats to witches gulch then back. Huckleberry ice cream cookie sandwiches were given out, they all walked the river walk and golfed at Timber Falls, then walked to Jose’s for a taco buffet. All provided by the merchants. Finished up about six pm.
That quite a send off.

We'll be going to Jose's on this trip. The Baraboo location is our favorite so we'll probably go there. Even with the road construction on hwy 33 through Baraboo.

There is an art fair on the square in Baraboo today. We are meeting friends at a bar on the square in about an hour. Sounds like about 30 old friends are showing up.🤙🏻

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 16 wks; Maui Schooner, 1 EOY Wk; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
We drove by our old house on our way to Baraboo. They didn't do anything to the outside. Things are just more over grown.

20240615_115142.jpg
20240615_115137.jpg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We had our Family and Friends get together at Brothers on Oak in Baraboo today. We were surprised by the turnout being summertime and graduation season. We had over 40 people stop out to day Hi.

It was a long day so it feels good to get back to the condo.

Here's a few pictures of us with family and friends.

FB_IMG_1718506731861.jpg
FB_IMG_1718506717434.jpg
IMG_4224.jpg
FB_IMG_1718494491036.jpg
FB_IMG_1718494483562.jpg

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sure sounds like The Dells is quite the regional destination! Even though I grew up next door in Minnesota, my parents never took us there. They said they didn't care for it. They probably went there once in the 1950s. Next time I'm in Wisconsin I should check it out.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Dells is quite a town. Originally, the seven mile stretch of dells along the Wisconsin River drew tourists. Small families developed tourist attractions to supplement the natural attractions, then took over the tourist bus. The mom and pop motels are being taken over by corporations. more motel rooms than residents!
But most of the businesses that are local support the community. The Nelson family,who own Kalahari, not only donated the land for the new high school, but built a 14 plus million dollar performance center for the high school this year.
last year, there was a golf outing fund raiser. They raised 1.7 million at that fundraiser. That was used for: Free breakfast for every kid in school, free school supplies for k thru 5, a scholarship for every graduating senior, and a food pantry for the community.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We got some rain last night. We even had some Thunder. Thunder is fairly rare in Hawaii. We have only heard thunder twice in our five years in Hawaii.

We'll go for a little ride today. No big plans. Kim wants to visit her Mom at the cemetery.

Then some dinner at one of our old favorites but we haven't decided yet.😀

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
After a morning in our condo, we decided to head to the cemetery and visit Kim's Mom. After that, we headed over to Merrimac to take a ride on the ferry.

Kim used to live in Merrimac as a child and they often rode the ferry back and forth for hours during the summer.

20240616_145335.jpg
20240616_143931.jpg
20240616_145140.jpg
20240616_145142.jpg
20240616_145212.jpg

20240616_145418.jpg

Looks like the warm temps we had in Denver made it to Wisconsin. Sounds like a couple days in the 90's start tomorrow.

After that we stopped at Kim's sisters in Sauk City and then Kim wanted Pizza Ranch for dinner. We love their chicken.

Tomorrow our son takes us to Madison for dinner and I'm having breakfast with a couple old work friends. 🤙🏻

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I had a great time catching up with a couple friends at the Alpine Cafe in Baraboo.

Then I picked up Kim and we went to Walmart for a couple items for our BBQ here at the Tamarack tomorrow. We were going to stop at my brother's but he wasn't home.

Now just to clean up and then head to our son's. He is driving us to Madison to take us to Tempest Oyster.

Here's a couple pictures of how the buildings are layed out at the Tamarack.

20240617_132229.jpg
20240617_132238.jpg
20240617_132308.jpg

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
We got some rain last night. We even had some Thunder. Thunder is fairly rare in Hawaii. We have only heard thunder twice in our five years in Hawaii.

That is interesting to me. The biggest thunder and lightning storm I ever witnessed was at Lawai Beach Resort on Kauai in January a couple of years ago. The thunder was booming so loud it woke us up, and the lightening was low, right over the water in front of the resort. It lit up the room like daylight. We generally do not get electrical storms like that in the Pacific Northwest. Pretty amazing.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is interesting to me. The biggest thunder and lightning storm I ever witnessed was at Lawai Beach Resort on Kauai in January a couple of years ago. The thunder was booming so loud it woke us up, and the lightening was low, right over the water in front of the resort. It lit up the room like daylight. We generally do not get electrical storms like that in the Pacific Northwest. Pretty amazing.
When it happens there is can be pretty loud. I asked people when we were on Oahu and they all said it was pretty rare and we only heard it once in three years. That wasn't very loud either.

dmbrand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
Bit of nostalgia…..Birch Colony unit at Tamarack was my first timeshare purchase, from ebay. We stayed there June 2008, when Lake Delton drained. That was quite a week. My kids still talk about that resort, and how much fun it was. Then I passed the unit onto someone else, using the TUG giveaway thread, a few years later.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bit of nostalgia…..Birch Colony unit at Tamarack was my first timeshare purchase, from ebay. We stayed there June 2008, when Lake Delton drained. That was quite a week. My kids still talk about that resort, and how much fun it was. Then I passed the unit onto someone else, using the TUG giveaway thread, a few years later.
I owned a week here also. I think it was Birch also.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We took our son with us to the Pinecrest Par 3 golf course north of the Dells. Our son doesn't golf but wanted to try.

We all had a blast. We played that course about 40 years ago and it was in nice shape compared to when it was first put in.

When we got back we grilled some steaks on the grills here. They are charcoal grills but our son had everything we needed.

20240618_151524.jpg
20240618_143707.jpg
20240618_143510.jpg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Our dinner a Tempest Oyster on Monday was great. Some prices were expensive but they had some cheaper options also.

I had the the Halibut, my son had the Ahi and Kim had the Seafood Pasta dish. All were excellent. Highly recommended.

20240617_175109.jpg
20240617_175114.jpg
20240617_175118.jpg
20240617_175121.jpg
20240617_183508.jpg
20240617_183511.jpg

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you considered Asgard Ax Throwing downtown Dells as an activity I think they started after you left. Supposedly their food is pretty good. Did you drive past Mt Olympus yet?

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Have you considered Asgard Ax Throwing downtown Dells as an activity I think they started after you left. Supposedly their food is pretty good. Did you drive past Mt Olympus yet?
Yes, we drove past Mt. Olympus on our way to golfing. It was pretty crowded.

We didn't see the Ax Throwing in the Dells but we did see the one in Baraboo. We won't have time for either on this trip. We only have a couple days left and a few more people to see.

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We went and visited my brother this afternoon and then went to a local Chinese restaurant in Baraboo. After dinner we visited my sister.

Tomorrow is just dinner with friends and we head back home to Molokai Friday morning. 🤙🏻

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, the heat and humidity are breaking today. The high is supposed to be 77, so of course, Kim is freezing. 😀

We're going to Jose's Mexican Restauant in Baraboo for dinner with friends tonight. That will be a fun time.

Then we will be up at 5am Friday morning so we get to Madison for our flight home.🤙🏻

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Our trip to the Upper Midwest ends tomorrow AM. Heading back to Virginia.

Here is one photo each from places we visited while in the area -- the Dells, Circus World, Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial, Devil's Tower, and Badlands NP.

This was my first time in WI, MN, and SD. North Dakota is now the only state I've never visited.

Attachments

• 20240614_140353.jpg
    20240614_140353.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20240615_131231.jpg
    20240615_131231.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 20240618_094501.jpg
    20240618_094501.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20240618_120803.jpg
    20240618_120803.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240618_161635.jpg
    20240618_161635.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 20240619_085407.jpg
    20240619_085407.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 24

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Our trip to the Upper Midwest ends tomorrow AM. Heading back to Virginia.

Here is one photo each from places we visited while in the area -- the Dells, Circus World, Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial, Devil's Tower, and Badlands NP.

This was my first time in WI, MN, and SD. North Dakota is now the only state I've never visited.
I've been to all those so they all look familiar.

My daughter just finished up visiting all 50 states. She left North Dakota for last also. They have a certificate you can get for "Saving the Best for Last", North Dakota. 🤙🏻

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you make it to House on the Rock?
What else did you do in Dells?

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did you make it to House on the Rock?
What else did you do in Dells?
We only drove through the Dells to go golfing. We used to live 2 miles from the Tamarack so we have been to most of the attractions many times. Same with House on the Rock so we didn't go on this trip.

This trip was mostly to see family and friends since we have been gone for five years already.

A few weeks ago I looked in Trading Places and noticed there were still weeks available at Tamarack for before and after the week we already booked. If we hadn't had our flights booked, we may have extended our stay. But after being here a week, that extra week probably would have been too much.

After our stay in Denver and the week here, we will be gone just under two weeks and we will be ready to get home tomorrow.

It's kind of funny, when we first got here and Kim was talking with others, she was saying that she would like to return more often but now we are toward the end of the trip, she is saying that maybe another five years would be about right for a return and I feel the same way.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A little foggy this morning for our drive to the Madison Airport. We ran into a brief rain shower too. We're at the gate with an hour to spare.🤙🏻

We got to see the new wing of the airport this time. When we arrived, we were just in the old part.

We have to switch concourses in Denver with the new airport there. We used to always just stay in the B. Now we land in A and have to take the tram to B. Kim has wheelchair assist setup so we should be good. They were waiting for us on the jet bridge on our arrival flight.

62 when we got up this morning so Kim was freezing again so she'll be ready to get home. 🤙🏻