• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Delta: easy to work with and doing the right thing

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought it would be worth posting a positive experience with a travel provider for a change.

We've had a number of flights with Delta that we've not been able to take. In each case, they've been easy to work with and have done what I've expected them to to do.

When the original flight has flown as scheduled on a non-refundable fare, they've posted a full credit without change fees applied, with a year and a half to use it.

When the original flight was moved outside the 90 minute window specified in their CoC, they have refunded without argument. I could quibble that I've had to ask for those rather than have them start out as credits, but even the asking was easy. Part of that I am sure is due to my status level, but even so: when I call, they offer to call back and give me an (accurate!) estimate of when that callback will happen, so that I don't have to sit on hold. The agents have been uniformly pleasant to work with. The transaction goes quickly.

And for the most part, that experience has been true with all of the travel providers I've been talking with over the past couple of months. People seem to be doing their best to help within the constraints that they have, and i appreciate that. I suspect it also helps that I begin the call by asking them how they are holding up, because I know they are in a very difficult time and dealing with a lot of upset people. But, I figure what little I can do to make their day a little bit easier is well worth it, not just in making that call go more smoothly, but contributing to my karmic balance.

One tip if you are finding it hard to get through: call as early in the morning as you can. The callback times seem to come more quickly then.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I love Delta, I fly them for my job as they have a hub in Detroit and Atlanta where I do the bulk of my flying to and from...They really want your business and try hard to earn it. I love their CEO, he is a people person and really connects and appreciates his employees.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I've had no problem connecting or working with a live person.
A quibble:
One credit posted to my S/M account, but another did not.
They confirmed that it exists, but could not put it online.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Really the only thing and not the right thing.