• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DC Points Chart

RamMan15

Reaction score
I'll preface this by saying that I am not a Marriott TS owner yet and know that if a buy resale that I will not be able to get into the DC club..yet. But I am learning a ton and trying to be an educated buyer.

That being said I stumbled across the DC points chart in a different thread:
https://www.my-vacationclub.com/common/vc/en-us/pdfs/enrollment_legal_docs/points_charts.pdf

All of this is assuming the DC club will open up to all resales..... Not good to assume but I just want to understand the program.

I want to make sure I am reading this chart correctly. Let's take Aruba Surf Club 2012 for example. If my TS is deeded week 4, 2 bed, ov, does that give me 4125 points? If so can I use those 4125 points to stay at lets say Boston Common House from Jan 6 - Jan 20 for 2000 points each week and have 125 points left over?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
No, what matters is what season your week is not the specific week. Marriott offers a set amount of points based on the resort and season you own.

There was a lot of discussion on this topic in the beginning of DC roll-out. It was all about "skim" as Marriott typically gives you fewer points than it costs to book many weeks within the season you own.

To find out what Marriott offers for a week, you are best to check out GregT's signature as there is a link to a document that contains many of the resorts/seasons and the points that Marriott offers to legacy enrollees that convert.

If your hope is that Marriott will at one time offer enrollment to post 6/2010 resale owners, you would be best to buy the lowest MF per point week you can. Something you can determine from the same document I referenced by GregT.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
If your hope is that Marriott will at one time offer enrollment to post 6/2010 resale owners, you would be best to buy the lowest MF per point week you can. Something you can determine from the same document I referenced by GregT.

While I certainly understand your point, I think it is important to also recommend to prospective buyers that if there is a resort that they foresee themselves returning to at least half the time that they purchase a resale week there. IMHO that is a better course than to worry about maximizing points for MF's on the chance that Marriott does open up enrollment to post 6/20/10 resale weeks.

To answer the OP's question- Marriott allocated legacy week owners less points than necessary to book many, and in some cases (like in Aruba Platinum season, since you inquired about that) all the weeks in the owned season; this is the skim referred to by Dioxide above. Week owners can still book their owned week in the season using weeks and not points, but if they want to book elsewhere, they are effectively given less points than the value of the week they are giving up. In some cases, they can only book 5 or 6 days in points for the unit they could book a week in. However,your example illustrates how the DC option works for some people, exchanging into a smaller size or perhaps an off season week, which stretches the points.

Welcome to Tug :wave: . The happiest owners are well informed, and it is great for you to learn as much as you can BEFORE making a purchase, so you make the right purchase decision for you and your family. For some of us, ownership is a great benefit, but it is easier to buy than to sell, so take your time and ask lots of questions!