• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Considering purchasing 7000 points for 11K through resell, good value?

Wooi

Reaction score
Considering purchasing 7000 points for 11K through resell, good value?

Point: 7000 Platinum Season 2 brd
MF: $800
Purchasing Price: $11,000

Good value? Any thought?

Passed ROFR chances?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Its a little high, probably due to the favorable maint fees in Vegas. Those are usually priced closer to $1 a point, maybe $7000-$8000. How much are the closing costs, will the seller pay those?

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
My criteria is ~$1/point and ~$0.1/point for MF. There is one listed for $9,375 on judikoz.com. I would think that $1/point should pass ROFR.

On the plus side is that you are looking resale and also asking questions.

Sky313

TUG Member
Reaction score
My criteria is ~$1/point and ~$0.1/point for MF. There is one listed for $9,375 on judikoz.com. I would think that $1/point should pass ROFR.

On the plus side is that you are looking resale and also asking questions.

Good recs but how does one get maintenance fees at $0.1/pt. if the lowest fees are $800 for 7000 points, then that equals $0.114 per point.

fillde

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are the maintenance fees at LV Blvd exactly at $800?

Flamingo is $1135. I personally would look for a 7000 Platinum Flamingo and make a low ball offer. Flamingo doesn't have ROFR. By low ball I mean $5000.

Good luck.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good recs but how does one get maintenance fees at $0.1/pt. if the lowest fees are $800 for 7000 points, then that equals $0.114 per point.

There are a few properties that have extremely low fees with high points, hard to find resale though. You have to study the point charts and maint fee threads to find them. Consider this one:

LV Boulevard 1br Platinum Plus 6200pts - $594.75

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Flamingo is $1135. I personally would look for a 7000 Platinum Flamingo and make a low ball offer. Flamingo doesn't have ROFR. By low ball I mean $5000.

Good luck.

Reported as $821.83 in this years maint fee thread (sticky) at LV Blvd.

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
As stated, $1/point = $7,000. $11k = too high, over priced. Also, Judi's is too high @ $9375.

if there is nothing in the TUG marketplace, run a Want-to-Buy ad, that's how I got mine.

FYI, Las Vegas has the lowest MF's.

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador

Good luck.
I agree with this. Flamingo is right in the middle of everything. Parking is easy. Grounds are nice.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
As stated, $1/point = $7,000. $11k = too high, over priced. Also, Judi's is too high @ $9375.

if there is nothing in the TUG marketplace, run a Want-to-Buy ad, that's how I got mine.

FYI, Las Vegas has the lowest MF's.

Generally Flamingo goes for more than the other Las Vegas locations due to no ROFR. I'd be surprised if you could get a 7k Flamingo for $1/point, but it never hurts to try. Although the MF seem a tad high at $1135 for that Flamingo, IMO.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Generally Flamingo goes for more than the other Las Vegas locations due to no ROFR. I'd be surprised if you could get a 7k Flamingo for $1/point, but it never hurts to try. Although the MF seem a tad high at $1135 for that Flamingo, IMO.

I have never figured out why people pay a premium to get the one resort with no ROFR. I guess it simplifies the purchase transaction, but in the end it just not that hard of a process.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have never figured out why people pay a premium to get the one resort with no ROFR. I guess it simplifies the purchase transaction, but in the end it just not that hard of a process.

I was thinking the same thing given the big difference in maint fee per point, Boulevard seems like the best deal regardless of rofr.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fillde

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wasn't suggesting paying a premium if you directed this at me. I suggested a lowball offer at Flamingo. I realize maintenance fee's will eventually catch up with the money expended at the sale. But are the maintenance fee's being supported at the Strip because it's newer?

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I wasn't suggesting paying a premium if you directed this at me. I suggested a lowball offer at Flamingo. I realize maintenance fee's will eventually catch up with the money expended at the sale. But are the maintenance fee's being supported at the Strip because it's newer?

I did not mean to suggest paying a premium or even imply that you had.. I am just puzzled that it seems like people are willing to pay a premium to avoid ROFR.

I am not certain about the strip location, but my guess is that HGVC is subsidizing the MF.

onenotesamba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sea World, HGVC Boulevard/Strip
I don't know that the MFs are subsidized at the Boulevard, at this point. That resort has been around for a while, and when you consider that MFs are generally lower in Vegas (because of low property taxes), I'm not sensing a conspiracy.

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
I don't know that the MFs are subsidized at the Boulevard, at this point. That resort has been around for a while, and when you consider that MFs are generally lower in Vegas (because of low property taxes), I'm not sensing a conspiracy.
Not only are our property taxes lower than most other states, but the overall maintenance is a lot less also: no hurricanes, floods, termites, low humidity, lower utility costs, no HGVC golf courses, and the grounds are a lot less than the larger resorts like in Hawaii.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did not mean to suggest paying a premium or even imply that you had.. I am just puzzled that it seems like people are willing to pay a premium to avoid ROFR.

I am not certain about the strip location, but my guess is that HGVC is subsidizing the MF.

It's probably because you basically know you're going to get the unit.

Sure, that 7k at the Strip would be nice to get for say, $7,000 or maybe $5,000. But with hilton exercising the ROFR, if it's something you want sooner rather than later, you'll probably have to get Flamingo.

Unless someone wants Flamingo for Home Resort purposes vs. the other locations (personally I'd rather stay at Flamingo vs. the Strip location, but that's me).

At least those are some reasons I can think of.