• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Considering Multiple Williamsburg TUG TS resales. Please advise.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Bluegreen Parkside Williamsburg Resort
Weeks:
52 2019
Dates:
1/1/2019
12/31/2019
Season:
White
Bedrooms:
Bathrooms:

Sleeps:

Sales Price $1.00
Maint Fees $683.06
Posted: 5/20/2019 - Bluegreen at Parkside - Floating Week, Week 13 - Yearly Usage Available 2019 - FREE CLOSING!!!!view ad
parkside-ext.png
Bluegreen at Parkside | Floating Week, Week 13 | 2 Bedroom Unit | Yearly Usage Available 2019 | Seller pays transfer fee and closing cost | Maintenance fees are current

I am considering Williamsburg. I love this place, the old colonial feel, and it’s rich but somber history. I can spend an entire week here. Busch Gardens is close by. I do get saddened when I visit slave cemeteries (often without headstones). But it’s a somber reminder about the evils of bigotry and human failings.

My little sister, her husband, and daughter is willing to stay with us in Williamsburg. They live in Cincinnati and would fly in. I would not charge them. I outearn both of them, though not combined. Additionally, having a child is expensive, though I don’t have children yet.

Researching on TUG, a 1BR, BA in Williamsburg is $600 MF. A 2BR, 2 BA is $700 MF. I’m thinking about the latter.

My wife is very down-to-earth. She can spend a week anywhere and not be bored.

Last edited:

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I don’t know anything about this resort but if the season is white that usually means booking is only during a specific timeframe, usually offseason weeks, and not all year long. You would want to verify.

Also, you say you are going to ask for advice in some other TUG section. Please note that it is frowned upon to post the same question in multiple threads.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for letting me know. I joined TUG this past Monday. I bought the $15 membership yesterday, though my profile still says I’m a guest. I trust my profile will update soon.

Aurelius

TUG Member
Reaction score
I enjoy Williamsburg but it’s not the kind of place that I could go to year after year. There’s only so much to do and while the history is interesting, that only goes so far. My kids would be bored to tears by the third time there.

Busch Gardens is nice, but there are much better theme parks elsewhere. I’m a pass holder at the Tampa location and we rarely go anymore even though we live close by.

When buying a non-points timeshare my biggest question is will my family truly enjoy going to this same resort year after year? I don’t make any assumptions about future trading.

Aurelius

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know. I joined TUG this past Monday. I bought the $15 membership yesterday, though my profile still says I’m a guest. I trust my profile will update soon.
You have to put the code in for your membership to update

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for advice. I am considering this one too.

Floating | EOYO | Other
Williamsburg Plantation
Weeks:
52 2019
Dates:
01/01/2019
12/31/2019
Season:
Red
Bedrooms:
Bathrooms:
Sleeps:
Sales Price $1.00
Maint Fees $437.00
Posted: 5/18/2019 - Williamsburg Plantation -FOR SALE 2 Bed 2 Bath Sleeps 6 Upper level view ad
williamsburgpool.png
SELLER WILL PAY CLOSING COSTS AND TRANSFER FEES. This resort is located just minutes from the areas major visitor attractions, offers spacious accommodations with a jetted tub. Include a clubhouse with planned guest activities, indoor and outdoor pools, a spa, fitness room, tennis courts, basketball, volleyball and a playground. Multiple dining options, championship golf course and premium outlets with more than 100 stores. Visit the Historic Triangle of Colonial Williamsburg (1.5 miles ), Jamestown and Yorktown. Check in Saturday 4PM, Check Out 10 AM the following Saturday, All rooms are non-smoking, Free Parking and WiFi Available. Amenities include: hairdryer, iron & ironing board, Phone with voice mail, Cable w/premium channels, DVD player, Gas grill & picnic table. Separate living room, ceiling fans, air conditioning and heating. All the necessary kitchen amenities

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Note. I am not considering any wintertime Williamsburg TS. It can snow in the winter ruining almost everything.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Floating | EOYE | Other
King's Creek Plantation
Weeks:
52 2019
Dates:
1/1/2019
12/31/2019
Season:
Red
Bedrooms:
Bathrooms:
Sleeps:
Sales Price $99.00
Maint Fees $415.00
Posted: 5/24/2019 - Free 2020 week!!! $0 transfer fees. $500 usd travel saving in newest timeshare add on platformview ad
kings-creek-exterior.png
52 500 points and Floating weeks 9-52!

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
For Sale
Fixed | EOYO | SatToSat
Williamsburg Plantation
Weeks:
11 2021
Dates:
03/13/2021
3/20/2021
Season:
Red
Bedrooms:
4 L
Bathrooms:
Sleeps:
Sales Price $99.00
Maint Fees $440.00
Posted: 5/7/2019 - Seller paying all closing costs and transfer fees - Entire purchase price only $99!view ad
williamsburgpool.png
Week 11 Every Odd Year - 4 Bedroom Unit - Sleeps 12 - Fantastic Deal!

Licensed Real Estate Broker, ARDA Member and Board Member of the LTRBA. Contact us today for more information.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fixed | ETY | SunToSun
Williamsburg Plantation
Weeks:
10 2022
Dates:
03/06/2022
3/13/2022
Season:
Red
Bedrooms:
2 L
Bathrooms:
Sleeps:
Sales Price $1.00
Maint Fees $230.00
Posted: 5/21/2019 - Buyer pays closing costs and its yours! Paid in full, current on maintenance feesview ad
williamsburgpool.png
Williamsburg Plantation. Triennial Deeded Property. Two Bedroom - Two Bathroom LOCK-OFF which enables you to split up your 2 bedroom unit into two separate units (1-bedroom and studio unit), essentially giving you two weeks of vacation at resort! Fixed RED Week 10 (Sun/Sun Check-in/out). **Already banked 2019 usage with Interval International, but willing to give 2 Accommodation Certificates to new owners. New owners pays exchange fee and receive 2 free weeks of vacation thru Interval International! Lovely resort in beautiful area, but our kids have grown and we just don't need it anymore... Hoping another family can enjoy it as much as we did. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I enjoy Williamsburg but it’s not the kind of place that I could go to year after year. There’s only so much to do and while the history is interesting, that only goes so far. My kids would be bored to tears by the third time there.

Busch Gardens is nice, but there are much better theme parks elsewhere. I’m a pass holder at the Tampa location and we rarely go anymore even though we live close by.

When buying a non-points timeshare my biggest question is will my family truly enjoy going to this same resort year after year? I don’t make any assumptions about future trading.
Thanks for advice. Considering EOY or ETY now.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’m going to creat a spreadsheet to compare.

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We own in Williamsburg and we love it too! We go every couple of years. Since you're going with your sister's family, I'd like to suggest that you look at a lock-off unit. That means you have one unit that locks off into two separate units. These are better for exchanging because you get two weeks to exchange--you can deposit your two units separately.

We own a cottage at King's Creek. These are little houses with a big 2br unit on one side and a very small 1br on the other side. Take a look--these are often given away for free, and there are every-other-year units. I think there are similar layouts at the Townes at King's Creek (but they're townhouses rather than cottages). Did you see that there is a unit being given away on the free board?

Wyndham has several properties in Williamsburg and the Wyndham people can advise you on the advantages of owning in Wyndham.

There's also a Marriott timeshare in Williamsburg. This one is unlikely to be given away for free, but Marriotts are a cut above!

If I were you, I would work to decide the best property for you--including the one with most reasonable maintenance, ease of getting out of the ownership, and amenities--and then wait for the just-right unit. I would only buy a unit in high summer (weeks 26-32 ideally) in Williamsburg. Good luck!

(BTW, we've been in Williamsburg over Xmas several times and although it snowed A LOT one year, the weather is generally pretty mild and pleasant.)

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks. I sent two PMs to two Williamsburg owners giving away their timeshares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
King's Creek Plantation has The Cottages at King"s Creek (the first section) and The Townes at King's Creek. Which one are you looking at?

At King Creek all the units are on the one level. No stairs. No second floor units.

The best timeshare resort with the highest visitors rating is the Marriott's Manor Club. I came up with this base upon TUG's Review Ratings and Trip Advisor Reviews & Ratings.

We loved to visit Colonial Williamsburg yearly.

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’m considering the ETY, 2L BR and the EOYO, 4 L BR.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will get an email that tells you how to register as a Member.
Oh, Never mind. I see you already did it.
Welcome!!

Jim

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How much work is it to book a floating week?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
How much work is it to book a floating week?
It isn't 'work' per se. Just an extra step. But if the time you want is very popular, you will want to reserve it as soon as you are eligible. That is, If you want July 4th week, and your ownership says you can book at 10 months from move-in, you better be on the phone or computer early in September the year before. Another way is to set up an On Going Search (OGS) that will fill your desire before releasing weeks to the published online 'catalog'.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am seriously considering this TS. I prefer fixed, definite weeks to plan around, as I have to do extra work with floating or points. I will give it the weekend to think, talk with my wife, and then let you all know.

For Sale Fixed | EOYO | SatToSat
Williamsburg Plantation
Weeks:
11 2021
11 2021
Dates:
03/13/2021
3/20/2021
Season:
Red
Bedrooms:
4 L
Bathrooms:
Sleeps:
Sales Price $99.00
Maint Fees $440.00
Posted: 5/7/2019 - Seller paying all closing costs and transfer fees - Entire purchase price only $99!
view ad

DRIless

Reaction score
I might know a little bit about Bluegreen in Williamsburg and also King's Creek.

Bluegreen Parkside, I thought was sold like the rest of their more recent resorts and although you have a week on your 'certificate/deed' it's the points associated with it that really matter. There's no home resort advantage with this scheme. They are still building there.

Kings Creek has many phases, I'm a little familiar with the earlier phases mentioned the Cottages and the Townes. The 'membership' I'm familiar is based on the Cottages but can also book the Townes. THey are independent of all other resorts but trade through Interval International. Their 'Club Explore' is a subset call center with I.I. where you call to book time at Kings Creek on a points system with the value based on the week you own or an I.I. exchange. One call does it all, no online booking, it's quite tedious.

DRIless

Reaction score
If you want to go this week every other year, go for it. Williamsburg Plantation has very little trading power. I think the MF you quoted is EVERY year, while the usage is Every Other Year. I wouldn't touch this one. You can get it or similiar in Williamsburg that week anytime at II or RCI for next to nothing, or rent it from me.

I am seriously considering this TS. I prefer fixed, definite weeks to plan around, as I have to do extra work with floating or points. I will give it the weekend to think, talk with my wife, and then let you all know.

Williamsburg Plantation
Weeks:
11 2021
11 2021
Dates:
03/13/2021
3/20/2021
Season:
Red
Bedrooms:
4 L
Bathrooms:
Sleeps:
Sales Price $99.00
Maint Fees $440.00
Posted: 5/7/2019 - Seller paying all closing costs and transfer fees - Entire purchase price only $99!
view ad

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Playing the Devil's Advocate: Buying in Williamsburg will not help with your stated goal to travel to San Francisco on a regular basis. Williamsburg is overbuilt with timeshares and in general, that hurts trading power.

If San Francisco is your primary destination, you should buy in SF.

DRIless

Reaction score
Williamsburg is a place you can go year after year, some might even come back and retire there. If you think that the history aspect is boring, you haven't been doing all the interactive stuff that Colonial Williamsburg has to offer. If you think that Busch Gardens/Williamsburg is just nice, we have very differing opinions, it is the best amusement park in the world, I go at least 10 times a year. The Williamsburg restaurant scene is 'nice,' too as well as breweries and wineries. Virginia Beach is a day trip and the Outer Banks, too.

And while I'm growing old and tired and am divesting myself of resorts in Oceanside CA, Monterey/Pacific Grove CA, Oconomowoc WI, Whitefish MT, Gordonsville VA, Hilton Head Island SC, Grand Cayman and Royal Holiday Group; I'm keeping my two Williamsburg weeks!

I do agree with the statement that you won't get to San Francisco with a Williamsburg timeshare, but one of my Royal Holiday Club memberships can cheaply do that. Think portfolio.

Last edited:

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score

Williamsburg Plantation
Weeks:
11 2021
11 2021
Dates:
03/13/2021
3/20/2021
Season:
Red
Bedrooms:
4 L
Bathrooms:
Sleeps:
Sales Price $99.00
Maint Fees $440.00
view ad

Week 11 is not high season in Williamsburg, so trading power will be limited. Also remember--you are talking about traveling with your sister's family, including her child. School schedules will keep the family home during week 11 in most school districts. If you travel with children or teachers or school administrators, you need to follow school schedules. And if you don't, you still need to buy when families can travel.