• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Considering a Massanutten resort to use for trading into Orlando

Jesse6283

Reaction score
I like your idea Tamara, any recommendations from anyone on resorts on the west coast that are good II traders?

Worldmark!! Get an 8k contract you can do interval last minute for 4k. Also because worldmark is such high trading power you see everything and I always get bonus certificates I ended up with 4 this year. You also get bonus time and there are tons on the west coast for cash deals

TjTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA
Worldmark!! Get an 8k contract you can do interval last minute for 4k. Also because worldmark is such high trading power you see everything and I always get bonus certificates I ended up with 4 this year. You also get bonus time and there are tons on the west coast for cash deals

I thought Worldmark was RCI?

stardrive

TUG Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, we have a 2BR Casa Lockout at Massanutten (annual). If you pay maintenance fees for the next year by August, it's 17 TP, I think. If you have Wyndham and do the PIC thing, and bank it as a single unit by the same time frame it's worth 159k points.

Our is listed in the bargains and sales, if it's something you might be interested in.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
For what it's worth, we have a 2BR Casa Lockout at Massanutten (annual). If you pay maintenance fees for the next year by August, it's 17 TP, I think. If you have Wyndham and do the PIC thing, and bank it as a single unit by the same time frame it's worth 159k points.

Our is listed in the bargains and sales, if it's something you might be interested in.

OP isn't a Wyndham owner, but for a 2 BR it's 154K vice 159K.

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
UPDATE: As the OP of the thread I felt compelled to return with an update of my search. Over the past month I finally made up my mind. I reached out to a couple of TUG members thru PM for some help and guidance. I finally decided on an annual 4 bedroom Woodstone @Massanutten. It's a 'weeks' contract that will work for my current and future vacation needs. Due to the COVID situation, there was no vacation for my family this year. But, I am hopeful for a very 'extended' vacation of at least 2 to 3 weeks next year. Maybe 4 weeks if I can swing it. We shall see. If not, we can always go somewhere within reasonable driving distance. As I said in my OP I intend to use this mainly for trade into Orlando and this will easily get me a minimum of 2 weeks in a 2 bedroom unit in a nice Orlando resort(s). I appreciate all the help and advice I received on this thread and I am sure there will be some advice offered to help me make the most of my Woodstone purchase. I am still waiting to receive my "official" deeded paperwork but I am VERY excited just the same. :giggle: :whooopie:

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
It's great that you found something that would work well for you. What division in Massanutten and which week did you get?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
It's great that you found something that would work well for you. What division in Massanutten and which week did you get?
Woodstone in July.

perfectstorm

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Massanutten
I was wondering what everyone's thought of a Regal Vistas 4br 174 points contract with 1st usage in 2021 what that would sell for? I tried looking up sold listings on eBay and didn't see any just the 151 points contract but that came with 2020 usage and was 1700

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what everyone's thought of a Regal Vistas 4br 174 points contract with 1st usage in 2021 what that would sell for? I tried looking up sold listings on eBay and didn't see any just the 151 points contract but that came with 2020 usage and was 1700

I think that the last one that I saw went for a couple thousand but current points were available. I decided that I wanted to find one myself. I searched and searched. I ended up finding a 151k EOY. I paid $100 plus the $98 RCI fee.

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
I think that the last one that I saw went for a couple thousand but current points were available. I decided that I wanted to find one myself. I searched and searched. I ended up finding a 151k EOY. I paid $100 plus the $98 RCI fee.
Nice!! :whooopie: I tried to find a cheap Regal Vista points deal but found Woodstone weeks instead. I hear points are better so I am sure you will be happy with your purchase. Congrats!!!! :cheer:

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice!! :whooopie: I tried to find a cheap Regal Vista points deal but found Woodstone weeks instead. I hear points are better so I am sure you will be happy with your purchase. Congrats!!!! :cheer:

I have 4 different RCI accounts. Normally I don't see my weeks account but a manager gave me my points week back in a TPU week so I had to learn that one. I learned that the fees to do anything are really expensive. I made an exchange with that gifted TPU at the Houses at Summer Bay. Now I have a few TPU left over with nothing to do with them. I much prefer my RCI points account that I have upgraded to Platinum.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I have 4 different RCI accounts. Normally I don't see my weeks account but a manager gave me my points week back in a TPU week so I had to learn that one. I learned that the fees to do anything are really expensive. I made an exchange with that gifted TPU at the Houses at Summer Bay. Now I have a few TPU left over with nothing to do with them. I much prefer my RCI points account that I have upgraded to Platinum.

FYI, if you upgraded the RCI points account to Platinum, the associated RCI weeks account is also Platinum. Also, in general, I agree with you on the flexibility and availability of resorts in the points side - that's pretty much the whole point as RCI wants folks on that side due to the "captured" business nature of it. There have been a few times when I've seen things show up only on the weeks side though; once was a Grand Luxxe Spa 2 BR in Nuevo Vallarta that wasn't in the Platinum priority access portion and several times the Solaz resort in Cabo.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI, if you upgraded the RCI points account to Platinum, the associated RCI weeks account is also Platinum.

I had the option to upgrade for $59 if available on that weeks account the same as my Wyndham portal account. Hmm. This is interesting.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I had the option to upgrade for $59 if available on that weeks account the same as my Wyndham portal account. Hmm. This is interesting.

It could be that the weeks account was associated with a different one of your points accounts or something like that. Not sure why you would get that otherwise. I'm assuming that the other RCI accounts you've got are corporate ones (e.g., the Wyndham-RCI one, which doesn't really use RCI points, but instead Wyndham points deposited into RCI). I already had an RCI account when I bought Wyndham points, but understand they give you an independent RCI account to use. I've never asked them to look up how many RCI accounts they have me owning, but it might be worth it.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Here is a pancession special. 4BR, Week 26, Woodstone at Massanutten. They pay you a $100 gift card (minus the winning bid) to take it.

Note: I have no interest in the eBay posting. I do not know the seller, and they have a positive feedback score of 1.

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
Here is a pancession special. 4BR, Week 26, Woodstone at Massanutten. They pay you a $100 gift card (minus the winning bid) to take it.

Note: I have no interest in the eBay posting. I do not know the seller, and they have a positive feedback score of 1.
This is like the one I am waiting for the transfer to complete. Mine was an annual Week 28. So far the eBay seller has kept in contact and kept me updated. The entire transaction hasn't completed yet, but so far I would use this eBay seller again.