• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Colorado Mountain Time / Summer

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm new to Hyatt Residence Club and have found this forum to be a fantastic resource, I've only posted once and got a tremendous amount of help from one of the forum members.

We are local to Colorado and one of the big appeals to me is our proximity to the 4 different Hyatt Resorts (I realize the availability is limited at the Park Hyatt). I do not own a Colorado week.

When does the availability for mountain time typically start to pop up in the year?

I know the general rule is that 6 months before checkin (because HRPP is over), waitlists get filled and the leftovers are generally available. However, I know there are some special float rules because Colorado resorts have a fixed winter week and can book summer time at a priority to other members.

Is it necessary to waitlist mountain time (Late April / Early May)?

What about for the summer? I would imagine July and Early August, it would be a good idea to put myself on the waitlist, but should I also do so in June? We were at the Hyatt Mountain Lodge in early June this year and the resort seemed like it was at most 50-70% occupied, so I'd have to imagine there was at least some availability.

Thanks!

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
For the CO resorts, all the summer weeks are held in HRPP for owners until Dec 31. At midnight (or soon thereafter) they change to CUP. That means all the summer weeks will be available to all HRC owners on Jan 1st.

At other HRC resorts, the HRPP expires only for the individual week six months out.

Last edited:

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have heard, but cannot confirm, that there is some kind of internal trading thing between the owners of the Colorado resorts. Set up by them outside of the Hyatt system, but internal to them. My guess is that units which cannot be traded on this CO internal system, or rented by their owners, then end up in the regular Hyatt trading system.

The summer dates release thing that Pathways mentioned is interesting to know. Thank you!

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have heard, but cannot confirm, that there is some kind of internal trading thing between the owners of the Colorado resorts. Set up by them outside of the Hyatt system, but internal to them. My guess is that units which cannot be traded on this CO internal system, or rented by their owners, then end up in the regular Hyatt trading system.

The summer dates release thing that Pathways mentioned is interesting to know. Thank you!

If there is any internal trading, it would be the fixed HRPP week of two different owners trading with each other, just like anywhere else on the Hyatt system. I have never been made aware of anything like that.

Most ownership's are 17 days. The fixed winter week which works like most HRC weeks. And then 10 floating days, 7 (a full week) in the summer, and 3 days mud season. (1440 points)

The 1440 points have an HRPP season from Sept 1-Dec 31. All owners have the same float HRPP season no matter what fixed winter week they own. That is why there is currently NO availability at MSS or Beavercreek for summer. (Aspen is slightly different.). But as of Jan 1, there will be a lot available as the HRPP expires.

Reactions: bdh

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
When does the availability for mountain time typically start to pop up in the year?

BTW - I just checked availability for summer at Breck - every week is available in a two bedroom except the July 4th week. So unless someone books it in the next 10 days, there will be plenty to pick from Jan 1. I cannot check for Beavercreek because I do not own there.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
If there is any internal trading, it would be the fixed HRPP week of two different owners trading with each other, just like anywhere else on the Hyatt system. I have never been made aware of anything like that.

Yes, what I heard is it's the fixed week between owners, not any part of the 10 days.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This forum is awesome. Thanks for the help everyone.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was perusing the Hyatt rules and found this regarding the resorts in Colorado:
"The Fixed Weeks at Hyatt Mountain Lodge, Hyatt Main Street Station, and The Residences at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek are Weeks 1 through 14, inclusive, and Weeks 47 through 52, inclusive. The Fixed Weeks at Hyatt Grand Aspen are Weeks 5 through 12, inclusive, Weeks 26 through 35, inclusive, and Weeks 51 and 52."

"The Home Resort Preference Period (Float) at Hyatt Mountain Lodge, Hyatt Main Street Station, and The Residences at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek begins on September 1st and ends on December 31st of the calendar year prior to the year of use of a Floating Week. The Home Resort Preference Period (Float) at Hyatt Grand Aspen begins one (1) year prior to Week 1 and ends with respect to each Floating Week six (6) months (182 days) prior to such Floating Week."

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
What about for the summer? I would imagine July and Early August, it would be a good idea to put myself on the waitlist

All weeks (Except July 4) became available today. There are even a couple of full weeks at the Park Hyatt