• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Coconut Plantation status

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Yikes! Hopefully restored means fully restored - and their is some truth to the estimate.

Thanks for the update!
@gtlintz, I'm hoping when we are at Coconut Plantation next year that we can maybe get an update on the beach island eta

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
@rapmarks, I'm hoping for our friends sake that it does not take that long to rebuild the island but they are still dredging the area for cars, boats, and all other sorts of goodies...I think it will take that long because so much of the area was damaged...I hope hurricane season is gentle to the Naples, Bonita Springs, and Ft. Myears area this year....
Are you still looking for something to buy. The house next door to me was bought by a couple who lived on fort myers beach. They los everything and bought the house totally furnished.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Are you still looking for something to buy. The house next door to me was bought by a couple who lived on fort myers beach. They los everything and bought the house totally furnished.
@rapmarks , yes we are still actively looking to buy. Our hold up is that my hubby has been the main caregiver for my mother in law, with me still working, I will need his help once we purchase. We have our realtor sending us listings that fit our criteria, but then when we investigate the HOA, we find big assessments coming, or one we bid on but insisted on an inspection and the inspection found major mold as after the hurricane they did not do remediation till months later...UGH. Backed out of that one...

Hubby still want North Naples, I would be happy in North Naples, Bonita Springs or Punta Gorda...

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
@rapmarks , yes we are still actively looking to buy. Our hold up is that my hubby has been the main caregiver for my mother in law, with me still working, I will need his help once we purchase. We have our realtor sending us listings that fit our criteria, but then when we investigate the HOA, we find big assessments coming, or one we bid on but insisted on an inspection and the inspection found major mold as after the hurricane they did not do remediation till months later...UGH. Backed out of that one...

Hubby still want North Naples, I would be happy in North Naples, Bonita Springs or Punta Gorda...
Punta gorda isles is really nice. Everyone on a channel, most lead to the gulf.

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not a Bob Dylan fan?

No, but at least it makes sense since i was completely lost. I always struggled to listen to Dylan sing ..... but I can appreciate his work.

I do appreciate obscure references - when I get em !

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
@GTLINZ, friends of ours just purchased a condo in Pelican Landing that shares the private Beach with Hyatt. Their were told at their closing that it will be 3+ years before the island is restored

Well, it may be sooner than that. A CP front desk rep had told me before when I called it would hopefully be done by Aug/Sept. And i found the following on the Hyatt REGENCY Coconut POINTE site:

SLATED TO RE-OPEN: July: Corkscrew Poolside Bar & Grill Complex, Q4 2023-Big Hickory Island. We are working to get all amenities open sooner, these are our current target dates based on latest updates. We will share more details and updates as they become available.

Seen when you scroll down a bit. The Hyatt Regency is pricier than CP thru Hyatt.com and they are likely losing a lot of business.

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been since the last posting? We are going to the resort "formerly know as Hyatt Coconut Plantation" in Nov and another call to the front desk was a semi positive response to Big Hickory Island being open sometime soon ....

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been since the last posting? We are going to the resort "formerly know as Hyatt Coconut Plantation" in Nov and another call to the front desk was a semi positive response to Big Hickory Island being open sometime soon ....
I heard January

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was there all week and have some updates on the beach.

After talking to multiple staff at HCP it appears the beach is actually ready - but there marina is not and needs some permits. I did a drive down to the dock area at the Hyatt regency and the dock did not appear ready - some pavers still out of place and no gazebo. We also did a drive by on the beach road and you can see the new sand and the island marina looks like it may be ready.

We also drove up Estero Island on the way to Doc Fords which reopened in July at Ft Myers. Estero Island had so much damage, a lot of structures not cleaned up, and many structures appear to be not open. Looks like they have done sand replenishment there also. It was very sad to see.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was there all week and have some updates on the beach.

After talking to multiple staff at HCP it appears the beach is actually ready - but there marina is not and needs some permits. I did a drive down to the dock area at the Hyatt regency and the dock did not appear ready - some pavers still out of place and no gazebo. We also did a drive by on the beach road and you can see the new sand and the island marina looks like it may be ready.

We also drove up Estero Island on the way to Doc Fords which reopened in July at Ft Myers. Estero Island had so much damage, a lot of structures not cleaned up, and many structures appear to be not open. Looks like they have done sand replenishment there also. It was very sad to see.
Thanks for the update, we check in on New Year’s Eve. Fingers crossed it’ll be open, but sounds like thats very much in doubt.

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will also say that the no-see-ums were really bad also. I would suggest taking something for bugs.

claraj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Los Suenos
I will also say that the no-see-ums were really bad also. I would suggest taking something for bugs.
They are still bad in November? I was there in June last year and they were expectedly very bad. Nothing we had worked. This year we were in Marco Island in June and there were almost none.

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are still bad in November? I was there in June last year and they were expectedly very bad. Nothing we had worked. This year we were in Marco Island in June and there were almost none.
Last week was overcast with some light rain then a full day of rain. The moisture seems to make it worse.

i have been 3 times since the hurricane and it has been worse than any time i went before the hurricane.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, we check in on New Year’s Eve. Fingers crossed it’ll be open, but sounds like thats very much in doubt.
I’m happy to report that the beach and the boat out to the beach are once again operational!

We got the first boat out this morning. This was our first visit during high season and it’s running every 20 minutes now.

We had some dolphins jumping in the wake of the boat on our trip out. The shelling was great and we walked way out to some sandbars at low tide.

The weather was just about perfect and the water while chilly, wasn’t bad for wading and playing around in.

Our kids loved every minute!