• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

CMF Gravely Ill

calgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've never met you Charles, but you've always been a favorite poster of mine- family oriented, courteous, and balanced. Very sorry to hear you are battling this. My best to you and your family, and wishing you a speedy and complete recovery.

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the update, sad as it is. Please let Charles and his family know that his TUG friends are sending prayers and good thoughts their way.

Dori

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best wishes for Charles & his family.
I'll be sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts his way.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am so sad to hear this. Many prayers, many prayers for Charles and his family. May the Lord bless them all.

Jan

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
I am so sorry to be the bearer of the worst kind of news now. Charles passed away at 4:30 AM. He went so quickly. I wish that I had posted his illness sooner but I felt funny posting info on someone else. My deepest condolences to his family. :bawl:

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I posted my Condolences on Facebook where Belle posted, figuring that she is more likely to see my post there than here. If somebody has the family's address perhaps they could mail them this thread.

Fern

L

laurac260

So sad to hear. I was just getting ready to wish him a good recovery, then I happened to scroll further and realized he passed away. My heart goes out to his family.

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear the news of his passing. It must be a very difficult time for his family.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Oh, how terribly sad. So quick, and with a young family who must be suffering awfully. I hope Charles' family and friends are able to find some measure of peace in their grief. Godspeed.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Very Saddened to hear this :(

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I am so sorry for his wife and kids. What a terrible loss. :(

Paumavista

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bucket List

I know from reading his posts that Charles still had plans for many more travels......I am so sorry to hear those plans have been cut short. My sympathies and prayers are with his family.

Let it be a reminder....those bucket lists should not be saved for the rainy days......but rather enjoyed in the sunshine of life with the people we love.

I believe Charles probably had many bucket list experiences & left his family with many wonderful travel memories - good times, spent in wonderful places, enjoyed with family and friends he loved. I hope these cherished vacation memories offer some comfort to his family in this time of such profound loss.

Judy

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
I posted my Condolences on Facebook where Belle posted, figuring that she is more likely to see my post there than here. If somebody has the family's address perhaps they could mail them this thread.

Fern

That's a great idea, Fern. Their address is posted on FB.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I wish the best to his family, very sad news indeed. I will also miss seeing his John Candy avatar from the Uncle Buck movie.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
wow- how sad for his family. :(
It was clear from his posts that he cherished the special vacation times he spent with his family, and I can only hope they are a source of comfort to them in the future.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I never know what to post in situations like this other than how sorry I'm am to be reading this. It reminds me that every day is a gift and should never be taken for granted or wasted. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well said.

I am so sorry, in situations like this I am always at a loss for words. Indeed we should live and love every day, since it's a gift.

I never know what to post in situations like this other than how sorry I'm am to be reading this. It reminds me that every day is a gift and should never be taken for granted or wasted. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

cindi

TUG Member
Reaction score

Exactly what Doug said. :(

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
How sad and tragic for his young family. May the good times together help them all get through this difficult time. RIP Charles.

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
My heart goes out to his family. I hope they may find peace and joy in their memories. He was an asset here on TUG. He will be missed.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
RIP Charles. You'll be missed.