• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

CMF Gravely Ill

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
I hope this okay to post here. I am Charles Fernandez's friend on FB. A while back he posted that he had terminal thyroid cancer but he was optimistic because he had been accepted into an NIH trial. Today his wife posted that he is in ICU and that the disease is gaining ground. CMF used to post here often. I and several other Tuggers met him and his family on the Alaska cruise in 2006. At the time he had twin boys who were about 4 and a daughter who was around 2.(I think) His mother and MIL were also along on the cruise.

I am so saddened to see this happening to anyone especially a man who has such a young family. I am going to post on FB that this thread is here. I'm sure he would love to hear from his fellow Tuggers. I will keep Charles and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Oh my I am so sorry to hear that. My prayers are going out to you.

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this. I think of Charles very fondly because of his great love of cooking and good food! I'll be thinking positive thoughts for him and for his family and hoping for only the best for them.

funtime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please send my good wishes and silent prayer for CMF and his young family. Janette aka Funtime

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Charles has always given others great advice here. I remember he had twin sons. I will say a prayer every day specifically for Charles. Thank you, Pat, for letting us know here on TUG about Charles.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for this update. My thoughts and prayers go out to CMF & his family.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good wishes for Charles and strength for his family. He was so looking forward to some upcoming vacations.

Jim

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I am so sorry to hear this, my thoughts and prayers to Charles and his family.

taffy19

Reaction score
His news really shocked me and we too met Charles, his wife and the children on the TUG cruise and had dinner with the family at the same table once.

I read his wife's news today and am very sad for him and his family. The boys turned ten years old recently, I read on his page. It must be so hard for everyone and I keep thinking of Charles and his family and wish him well.

Last edited:

Gophesjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know - I am praying for them all...

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
I'm so sorry to hear this bad news. I missed his posts over the last few months and was hoping he was ok. Best wishes Charles. You made such a good contribution to TUG and I hope to see more from you real soon.

Brian

NWL

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope this okay to post here. I am Charles Fernandez's friend on FB. A while back he posted that he had terminal thyroid cancer but he was optimistic because he had been accepted into an NIH trial. Today his wife posted that he is in ICU and that the disease is gaining ground. CMF used to post here often. I and several other Tuggers met him and his family on the Alaska cruise in 2006. At the time he had twin boys who were about 18 mos and a daughter who was around 3. His mother and MIL were also along on the cruise.

I am so saddened to see this happening to anyone especially a man who has such a young family. I am going to post on FB that this thread is here. I'm sure he would love to hear from his fellow Tuggers. I will keep Charles and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for post. My thoughts and best wishes to Charles and his family.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Really sad news. My thoughts are with Charles and his family.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I am saddened to hear this. We were both at Grande Vista over Thanksgiving a few years ago, but I didn't get a chance to meet Charles. We had to leave early due to a death in the family. I wish him all the best.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
So very sorry to hear this. I miss his posts and wish him and his family the best. Bless you all.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I am saddened to hear the news :bawl: Just a note to say I'm thinking of you and your family. May you be strong through this difficult time...

mpizza

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing Pat.

I will pray for Charles and his family, please let him know we are thinking of him.

Maria

ondeadlin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear this. I remember when Charles first came to TUG and have enjoyed his contributions. I hope he pulls through.

joyzilli

TUG Member
Reaction score
My very best wishes to you, Charles and your family...I,too, always enjoyed your posts.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Praying for a miracle. Hoping for the Best.

T