• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Wyndham... Is it a scam?

beachhoppers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I work for a franchised hotel under Wyndham. Last May we stayed at the Wyndham resort in PCB on my regular Wyndham reward points. They ended up talking us into attending some presentation. It was for the Club Wyndham, which is like a traveling time share in my understanding. We bought some package where we get a certain amount of points annually. The first issue we had is the $5000 down payment they put on a Wyndham Reward Chase Visa card with 17% interest. Then on top of that, our payment towards this timeshare is $400 a month. Plus maintenance fees. They put us in the hole right away by putting $5k on the credit card. Now, I am finding out while trying to book some dates that everything is always showing unavailable. Does anyone else have Club Wyndham and do you think it's worth it?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
You've come to the right place. Did they sign you up for the preview program? I can't remember the name..... But anyway, while Club Wyndham Access is not a scam, but buying timeshares retail is at a massive mark-up. Just wait a few more minutes, the Wyndham owners will give you some great enlightenment.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I work for a franchised hotel under Wyndham. Last May we stayed at the Wyndham resort in PCB on my regular Wyndham reward points. They ended up talking us into attending some presentation. It was for the Club Wyndham, which is like a traveling time share in my understanding. We bought some package where we get a certain amount of points annually. The first issue we had is the $5000 down payment they put on a Wyndham Reward Chase Visa card with 17% interest. Then on top of that, our payment towards this timeshare is $400 a month. Plus maintenance fees. They put us in the hole right away by putting $5k on the credit card. Now, I am finding out while trying to book some dates that everything is always showing unavailable. Does anyone else have Club Wyndham and do you think it's worth it?

What dates/resort are you looking for? Except for your home resort - you cannot book on-line from than 10 months out.

In general, Club Wyndham (like all timeshares) tend to work best for two types of people - people who can plan 8-12 months in advance AND/OR people who can travel off-season. If you expect availability will to be like a hotel you will always be disappointed. As with all timeshares, popular times (summer, holidays, weekends) are hard to get 30-60 days out.

We like the system and travel far more than we would if we were not Club Wyndham owners.

ps. If you check your interest rate on the rest of the loan from Wyndham, you will probably find it is the same or higher. It can be difficult to do, but it is best to get those refinanced or paid off ASAP.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
It's way too late for your to be having second thoughts. If you are young and need your credit, you are going to pay that off. Walking away from it would destroy your credit. Sounds like you are stuck to me.

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
My guess is that the OP doesn't understand that you can't wait until the relative last minute to book timeshares. He notes he works for a hotel (and hotels work on a whole different time line)

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your first mistake was financing a timeshare. Pay it off as fast as you can and use it. With timeshares you have to plan ahead. Sometimes a year ahead.

bestpal38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club Access
I'm really confused. You bought this last May, and you are just now seeing if it's a good deal?? Something seems odd with your post!

beachhoppers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
It's way too late for your to be having second thoughts. If you are young and need your credit, you are going to pay that off. Walking away from it would destroy your credit. Sounds like you are stuck to me.
I don't have second thoughts. I just haven't had a chance to talk with anyone about it.

beachhoppers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I'm really confused. You bought this last May, and you are just now seeing if it's a good deal?? Something seems odd with your post!
There is nothing odd with my post. I just found this website and was just asking for some insight from other Club Wyndham members. I suppose if you are confused and feel there is something off with my post, then maybe you should have just scrolled by.

beachhoppers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
What dates/resort are you looking for? Except for your home resort - you cannot book on-line from than 10 months out.

In general, Club Wyndham (like all timeshares) tend to work best for two types of people - people who can plan 8-12 months in advance AND/OR people who can travel off-season. If you expect availability will to be like a hotel you will always be disappointed. As with all timeshares, popular times (summer, holidays, weekends) are hard to get 30-60 days out.

We like the system and travel far more than we would if we were not Club Wyndham owners.

ps. If you check your interest rate on the rest of the loan from Wyndham, you will probably find it is the same or higher. It can be difficult to do, but it is best to get those refinanced or paid off ASAP.
Thank you for this great info. I have been able to book a place down in Destin this August. It's a trip to Vegas next May that I can't seem to find any place with availability. Is it best to call and book over the phone rather than through the Club Wyndham site?

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
Thank you for this great info. I have been able to book a place down in Destin this August. It's a trip to Vegas next May that I can't seem to find any place with availability. Is it best to call and book over the phone rather than through the Club Wyndham site?

Calling on the phone will get you the exact same inventory as is showing on the website, and booking over the phone costs more as well.

beachhoppers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
My guess is that the OP doesn't understand that you can't wait until the relative last minute to book timeshares. He notes he works for a hotel (and hotels work on a whole different time line)
I (she) understands this. I wasn't waiting until the last minute. It was a year in advance. Someone in this thread was nice enough to give me some great info.

beachhoppers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Calling on the phone will get you the exact same inventory as is showing on the website, and booking over the phone costs more as well.
That is really good to know. Thank you so much. You have been so very helpful.

beachhoppers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
You've come to the right place. Did they sign you up for the preview program? I can't remember the name..... But anyway, while Club Wyndham Access is not a scam, but buying timeshares retail is at a massive mark-up. Just wait a few more minutes, the Wyndham owners will give you some great enlightenment.
Thank you. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a scam. It didn't seem like one when we bought it, but when I started running into issues booking a place a year out, I started to get a little concerned. Some great people in this thread made me feel much better! And others....well, maybe some shouldn't bother answering if they don't have anything pertinent to say. You are not one of those individuals. Thank you.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts

The standard booking window is 10 months out except for your home resort (i.e. where your points are assigned to) - which is 13 months out. So next May may not be showing up on-line because

1) Your booking window for May 2020 does not open up until July 2019
2) You have the right to book there up to 13 months out and it is booked up or inventory has not yet been loaded.

I would say it is #1 unless you are a Club Wyndham Access member.

beachhoppers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
The standard booking window is 10 months out except for your home resort (i.e. where your points are assigned to) - which is 13 months out. So next May may not be showing up on-line because

1) Your booking window for May 2020 does not open up until July 2019
2) You have the right to book there up to 13 months out and it is booked up or inventory has not yet been loaded.

I would say it is #1 unless you are a Club Wyndham Access member.
I am a Club Wyndham Access Member. Does that change things?

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am a Club Wyndham Access Member. Does that change things?
It does a little. CWA is structured a little different - in that you do not have a deed to a home resort, but instead have a certificate that gives you points at a group of resorts. Now for some of those resorts, there might be a few rooms or they might have all the rooms in the resort. But for the rooms assigned to CWA - you should be able to book them 13 months out (if that inventory is available).

I am seeing inventory on-line next May at Grand Desert (Las Vegas) and it is a resort that is in CWA. What timeframe are you looking for?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Club Access is not really all that special, but the one thing that makes it worthy [to me] is that it does give you access to RCI Points' inventory through the portal to RCI exchanges. That can be valuable to you. I have found great value in it. I also noticed that my ongoing searches for anything WorldMark or Wyndham match through that portal, so I have gotten Wyndham Shearwater (400K Wyndham points or 205K through RCI) and Dolphin's Cove through the portal. It's been much easier to get things, if I set a search 7 months in advance.

Disney Saratoga Springs shows up a lot for both weeks and points, and that is most worthy of the points required. I am impressed with what I can get through RCI/ Wyndham. Sure, I will pay 77K Wyndham points for a week at Saratoga Springs for a one bedroom with all of the perks that Disney has to offer. Disney members pay more than that to book their own weeks.

Last edited:

beachhoppers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
It does a little. CWA is structured a little different - in that you do not have a deed to a home resort, but instead have a certificate that gives you points at a group of resorts. Now for some of those resorts, there might be a few rooms or they might have all the rooms in the resort. But for the rooms assigned to CWA - you should be able to book them 13 months out (if that inventory is available).

I am seeing inventory on-line next May at Grand Desert (Las Vegas) and it is a resort that is in CWA. What timeframe are you looking for?
It will be May 21-31st. I looked at that one too. I will have to go back in and look.

beachhoppers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Club Access is not really all that special, but the one thing that makes it worthy [to me] is that it does give you access to RCI Points' inventory through the portal to RCI exchanges. That can be valuable to you. I have found great value in it. I also noticed that my ongoing searches for anything WorldMark or Wyndham match through that portal, so I have gotten Wyndham Shearwater (400K Wyndham points or 205K through RCI) and Dolphin's Cove through the portal. It's been much easier to get things, if I set a search 7 months in advance.

Disney Saratoga Springs show up a lot for both weeks and points, and that is most worthy of the points required. I am impressed with what I can get through RCI/ Wyndham. Sure, I will pay 77K Wyndham points for a week at Saratoga Springs for a one bedroom with all of the perks that Disney has to offer. Disney members pay more than that to book their own weeks.
That's a great deal for Saratoga Springs in my opinion. Thank you so much for all of the information.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It will be May 21-31st. I looked at that one too. I will have to go back in and look.
Grand Desert will be your best bet as a CWA member (and is one of the largest Wyndham resorts in Vegas). The the other CWA resort (Worldmark Tropicana) has a fraction of the inventory available.

The other main resort in Vegas (Desert Blue) is not a CWA resort - so too early to reserve there. And Harrahs is an associate hotel - so hard to book with points. The rest of the vegas properties are Worldmark resorts only available 9 months out via the internal Club Pass exchange system. They cannot be booked online - only by phone.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert

You should be able to book this at 13 months out, which would be April 21st (a few days from now). Although actually, to book the full 10 days at once you'll need to wait until April 24th, I believe, because you can only book 7 nights past the first day of ARP.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You have no idea how much you helped me out today. I can't say thanks enough. I may be coming back to you from time to time when I have questions lol

You will definitely enjoy the site. We have our share of trolls and curmudgeons, but most of us are relatively harmless. You will find that some of the long time posters approach a new poster with a level of skepticism that is well placed due to the proliferation of scam artists that happen upon our community from time to time. Once you get beyond that, you're part of the family.

Wes

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

Disney Saratoga Springs shows up a lot for both weeks and points, and that is most worthy of the points required. I am impressed with what I can get through RCI/ Wyndham. Sure, I will pay 77K Wyndham points for a week at Saratoga Springs for a one bedroom with all of the perks that Disney has to offer. Disney members pay more than that to book their own weeks.

is that RCI points booking benefit limited only to CWA contracts? If so I didn't realize that. I really need to start and leverage RCI more. I really haven't even searched in RCI much. I started to look around in RCI a month or so ago since my daughter wanted to go to Georgia at the time and there was no availability within the Wyndham resorts. Are you saying that have been able to book actual Wyndham or Worldmark resorts through RCI for less points than if you were to have booked the same resort directly via Wyndham? If so that's pretty cool. I need to start doing this as well.