• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

can you borrowinto next years points

mishugana

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own 154000 say i need 168k can iborrow thw 14000 points from next year?

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
you can borrow it for the trip within 90days. If you cancel that reservation, the borrow point stay in the same use year covered by that trip.

Jya-Ning

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you want to borrow points, just make a reservation, then cancel it if you don't want to use your points within Wyndam. Then you can bank, or use if when they have their points sale (60 days out from booking time)

laura123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just borrowed my 2010 for 2009 reservation. I think the cost was $30. I then got a great deal on ebay for 343,000 points for $1646 including closing. I m so excited presidential suites here I come!

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just borrowed my 2010 for 2009 reservation. I think the cost was $30. I then got a great deal on ebay for 343,000 points for $1646 including closing. I m so excited presidential suites here I come!

You are put them into your credit pool, that will be good for 3 years range. Start from the time you put it.

That is another way to borrow it.

Jya-Ning

jercal10

Reaction score
there is no charge to borrow points. You must have rented points to have a charge.

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
there is no charge to borrow points. You must have rented points to have a charge.

regular VIP or non-VIP will have change if use all the free transaction credit. Since you can not borrow point without first make a reservation.

Put in credit pool depends on VC, it is the same as transaction. Some will insist you pay $30 no matter if you ahve any free transaction or not, some will let you use the free transaction.

Jya-Ning

Miss V

Reaction score
So, without putting your points in the credit pool and paying $39, can you simply borrow points, let's say you have 154k points and need 224k for a reservation. Can I borrow 70k points from my 2010 points? Can I do this without making a reservation, then cancelling it? Or, is that the only way to borrow?

I thought I read somewhere that you can borrow points totalling the last night of your vacation. so, if the last night of my vacation was 36k points, then I would need to have the total points currently in my account to cover the rest of the points for that stay.

168k points for the week - 36k points for the last night = 132k total points that would need to be in my account to make the reservation.

Is this correct?

garmich

Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that you can borrow points totalling the last night of your vacation. so, if the last night of my vacation was 36k points, then I would need to have the total points currently in my account to cover the rest of the points for that stay.

168k points for the week - 36k points for the last night = 132k total points that would need to be in my account to make the reservation.

Is this correct?

When you are making a standard reservation (10 months to 91 days before trip), you may *rent* additional points as needed to complete a portion of the last night's reservation only, at a cost of $10 per 1k points. You are not "borrowing" points, you are renting additional points.

You can only borrow "regular use year points" from you next Use Year only when you are making Express Reservations (90 days before trip) and only if you have used all of your available points.

Gary