• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can this be true?

JimmieJames

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just called reservation line and talked to a VC. I have one reservation that has entered the 15 day window and has overlapping dates with another. The VC told me that as long as the reservations are not at the same resort they will not be automatically canceled. Is this correct?

Jim

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just called reservation line and talked to a VC. I have one reservation that has entered the 15 day window and has overlapping dates with another. The VC told me that as long as the reservations are not at the same resort they will not be automatically canceled. Is this correct?

Jim

That would be correct. The rule seeks to prevent you from renting multiple units to check in to all and rent or allow others to use without GC.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
They may not automatically cancel but they can be manually cancelled if Wyndham needs that inventory at anytime during that period.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

Jim

It's not automatic but both reservations are subject to cancellation

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Both have to be in the 15 day window for any cancellations to happen.

JimmieJames

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your responses. Yes, I knew that it was not automatic and should not have said that. However, my previous understanding was that any set of reservations with overlapping dates may be canceled. Which is the situation I have at present at two separate resorts. But the VC told me that even with overlapping dates they are only subject to possible cancellation if they are AT THE SAME RESORT and have overlapping dates. This is not what I previously understood and wonder if her statement is correct.

Jim

JimmieJames

TUG Member
Reaction score
And yes, I understand that both reservations have to be in the 15 day window to be subject to possible cancellation. .

Thank you,

Jim

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you can call a VC and have them put one of the reservations under the name of a co-owner (who is going) if there is one? Wyndham will modify and do this for no charge.

Cynthia T. :)

JimmieJames

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you can call a VC and have them put one of the reservations under the name of a co-owner (who is going) if there is one? Wyndham will modify and do this for no charge.

Yes, that is why I called them - BUT the VC told me that even with overlapping dates they are only subject to possible cancellation if they are AT THE SAME RESORT and have overlapping dates. THEREFOR she told me there was no need to change either of them since they are at different resorts. This gets to the heart of my original question - is she correct in that statement.

Thank you all for your responses - but we seem to be dancing around the intent of my question and not answering it head on.

Jim

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes, that is why I called them - BUT the VC told me that even with overlapping dates they are only subject to possible cancellation if they are AT THE SAME RESORT and have overlapping dates. THEREFOR she told me there was no need to change either of them since they are at different resorts. This gets to the heart of my original question - is she correct in that statement.

Thank you all for your responses - but we seem to be dancing around the intent of my question and not answering it head on.

Jim

No dance.. The VC is wrong

heres what it says on the website

If you have more than one (1) unit reserved for the same dates, it is necessary to add a Guest Confirmation to additional units that you, the owner, will not be occupying.
Failing to add a guest at least 15 days prior to the check-in date may result in the reservation being cancelled with the points for that reservation being forfeited in accordance with the cancellation policy.

Last edited:

JimmieJames

TUG Member
Reaction score
No dance.. The VC is wrong

heres what it says on the website

If you have more than one (1) unit reserved for the same dates, it is necessary to add a Guest Confirmation to additional units that you, the owner, will not be occupying.
Failing to add a guest at least 15 days prior to the check-in date may result in the reservation being cancelled with the points for that reservation being forfeited in accordance with the cancellation policy.

That is 'head on' Ron - and is what I had thought that she did not know what she was talking about. So I will probably call again this AM and make the change to my co-owner (wife)

Thanks all for responding.

Jim

Explorer7

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The bottom line is that they "MAY" cancel the reservation which I agree with you in not taking the risk.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is 'head on' Ron - and is what I had thought that she did not know what she was talking about. So I will probably call again this AM and make the change to my co-owner (wife)

Thanks all for responding.

Jim

FWIW, I have had a VC tell me the same thing (the reservations would only be cancelled if overlapping at the same resort) and during the course of the call, she was checking with a supervisor on something else, and also got clarification that overlapping dates regardless of resort the reservations can be cancelled.

So more than one VC had that wrong impression, and the safest course is to make sure even at different resorts you don't have overlapping reservations.

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
The wording on the confirmations now say WILL not MAY be cancelled, so I wouldn't trust them not to do it.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is the today's RULING .... according to the CORPORATE supervisor "Karen" in the Orlando office in this area:

If overlapping by even ONE DAY, both reservations will be cancelled.

If different resorts, both reservations will be CANCELLED.

Explaination by supervisor: How can YOU be in 2 different places at the same time?

I heard the words "BUY a Guest Certificate" and "This is Corporate Policy.".... multiple times during the call.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is the today's RULING .... according to the CORPORATE supervisor "Karen" in the Orlando office in this area:

If overlapping by even ONE DAY, both reservations will be cancelled.

If different resorts, both reservations will be CANCELLED.

Explaination by supervisor: How can YOU be in 2 different places at the same time?

I heard the words "BUY a Guest Certificate" and "This is Corporate Policy.".... multiple times during the call.

So nothing new. Except that they don't always do it

Putty

TUG Member
Reaction score
We completed a trip in Chicago last month. We had 2 one bedrooms reserved for the same dates. We were told we were at risk for cancellation but could avoid that if we changed the traveler on one of the units to another owner on the contract. This can apparently be done at the time of booking. We changed the traveler for one reservation to my spouse's name and we were "safe" from cancelation. This does not use a guest certificate as we are both owners