• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can Starwood change the week you own in your private II account?

sml2181

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a fixed event week, not in SVN - deposited in my
non-Starwood II account for 2008.

All of a sudden, I see in my II account, that this week is "float" for 2009 (was not in there before today - it showed the fixed week.)
Called II and they said that I have to call SVN because they did this when they deposited my 2008 weeks (another story, but yes, Starwood made the deposits for me in my private II account.).

Can they do this?
I can't even float in the SVN system with this week, because it is a "fixed event week".

I will call them of course, just wondering if someone has experience with this.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
When you deposited it did you request that they deposit your event week and did they say they would?

Starwood does not like to deposit holiday weeks - sounds like they pulled the old switch-er-roo on you!

sml2181

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, they DID deposit the event week. I would have done it online but I wanted to exchange both sides seperately so I needed to have 2 reservation numbers.

They started with depositing 2 SBP weeks 40/41 2008. When I called to have that changed, they told me that "I needed to be specific" - according to their notes, I had not requested the event week.
Well actually I had done just that during the phone call - not once, not twice, but at least 5 times(!).

Then the next reason they gave me was that I did not own a fixed unit.
Then the reason of "we don't deposit event weeks" - "ooh you are not in the system, please let me place you on hold, and I will get someone who can help you with that.
Then I had someone telling me that I could not get 2 reservation numbers for that event week.

Finally today, they did deposit what I wanted.
My 2008 week is fine now - no problems here anymore.

BUT - then I went to my II account.
There I can now see the 2 deposited weeks and the 2009 week "still available for deposit".
This 2009 week did show earlier in the account as the week 52, but now it shows as a floating week.

So I called II - they told me to call Starwood.

Just called Starwood.

The reasons they gave me why this ownership week should be "float" in II and not the fixed week:

1. "you have a floating week" - (me: "I do have an event week, as stated in my contract" - SVO: "oh yes, I can see that now, would you please hold...?")
2. "you have floating unit" - Ok, the unit in contract is for deeded purposes
3. "you are not allowed to deposit this week yourself - ????
4. "you just have to ask to have your event week deposited - no problem but you have to ask!" (Yes I know. I did. At least 10 times or so.)
5. "you have to have a personal private II account, and pay for it yourself
(Me: THIS IS MY PRIVATE ACCOUNT, FOR WHICH I AM PAYING MYSELF!)
6."This week is voluntary - you should have done it your self"
(Tried to do this, did not work and your colleague said that I could not do it myself")
7."You do not own an event week, but a float week" - (Me: Heard that before - and yes it is an event week!)
8."There is no difference between an event week and fixed week" (So why did you have to change this?)
9. We can't see in your II account and can't even deposit in your private account
(Me: Well, that just happened, 2 weeks deposited in my private II account...by Starwood...)

Still glad with the PFL/5* - But I am soooooo done with SVN!

Last edited:

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, they DID deposit the event week. I would have done it online but I wanted to exchange both sides seperately so I needed to have 2 reservation numbers.

They started with depositing 2 SBP weeks 40/41 2008. When I called to have that changed, they told me that "I needed to be specific" - according to their notes, I had not requested the event week.
Well actually I had done just that during the phone call - not once, not twice, but at least 5 times(!).

Then the next reason they gave me was that I did not own a fixed unit.
Then the reason of "we don't deposit event weeks" - "ooh you are not in the system, please let me place you on hold, and I will get someone who can help you with that.
Then I had someone telling me that I could not get 2 reservation numbers for that event week.

Finally today, they did deposit what I wanted.
My 2008 week is fine now - no problems here anymore.

BUT - then I went to my II account.
There I can now see the 2 deposited weeks and the 2009 week "still available for deposit".
This 2009 week did show earlier in the account as the week 52, but now it shows as a floating week.

So I called II - they told me to call Starwood.

Just called Starwood.

The reasons they gave me why this ownership week should be "float" in II and not the fixed week:

1. "you have a floating week" - (me: "I do have an event week, as stated in my contract" - SVO: "oh yes, I can see that now, would you please hold...?")
2. "you have floating unit" - Ok, the unit in contract is for deeded purposes
3. "you are not allowed to deposit this week yourself - ????
4. "you just have to ask to have your event week deposited - no problem but you have to ask!" (Yes I know. I did. At least 10 times or so.)
5. "you have to have a personal private II account, and pay for it yourself
(Me: THIS IS MY PRIVATE ACCOUNT, FOR WHICH I AM PAYING MYSELF!)
6."This week is voluntary - you should have done it your self"
(Tried to do this, did not work and your colleague said that I could not do it myself")
7."You do not own an event week, but a float week" - (Me: Heard that before - and yes it is an event week!)
8."There is no difference between an event week and fixed week" (So why did you have to change this?)
9. We can't see in your II account and can't even deposit in your private account
(Me: Well, that just happened, 2 weeks deposited in my private II account...by Starwood...)

Still glad with the PFL/5* - But I am soooooo done with SVN!

Call again. Talk to a different person. You'll get 10 more different answers. If not, just PM me and I will give you the contact of one of the suits at Starwood who can help you. K

sml2181

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer Kath.

I WILL try again - I have spoken to 4 SVN persons regarding this matter only. This afternoon (I am in Europe so 8pm here right now) I spoke to another 4 people regarding the deposits of my 2008 week.

Going to have some nice dinner I hope (yes, at a Starwood property so sometimes hit, sometimes miss) and then I will try again....

It's just the number of inconsistencies that is so tiring.

Just checked my other II account (the Starwood Corporate-) and now my other event weeks are all listed as floating weeks as well!

I really have to run now, but I will give them another call about this.