• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can’t use Resort at Kierland

Richierich2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is the email we just got Kierland. Very disappointed that we can’t use the lazy river, etc at the Resort Also I called in two weeks ago, and said Lazy River was opening on Monday 15th and no one said anything about restricting usage by Villa guest.

Hello,
My name is Erica; I am one of the Managers at the Westin Kierland Villas in Scottsdale Arizona. I am reaching out to see if you are still coming for your reservation starting on 6/13/20. We are open and our team is working diligently to ensure that our hotel can continue to provide essential services in this challenging environment. As you are aware, social distancing guidelines dictate that many typical hotel services are currently adjusted or unavailable. We are following all of the appropriate protocols to ensure the safety of our guest and employees. Please note, one of our pools is currently open with very limited hours from 9am-6pm. We are planning to hopefully get the other pool open by 6/1/20. We do have 3 of our Barbeque areas open for usage being closely monitored by our staff. Lastly, our Westin Work out is open daily from 8:30-4:30. Cabana Rentals have been placed on hold until further notice. We are currently doing a first come first serve for any cabanas. However, this does not mean you will not have access to the pool. There will be other seating available for use. This may potentially change the day of your arrival depending on how quick we can get our staff back. Please know Lazy River, flowrider, & Adventure pool at the main resort will be restricted to villas guest for the safety of their guest, our guest, and employees. We have stopped all complimentary shuttle services to the Kierland Commons and Scottsdale Quarter until further notice. Our restaurant, & bar will remain close as well until further notice. All restaurants nearby have already opened with very strict guidelines they will need to follow for dine in. Please let me know if you have any questions. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Richierich2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Long ways to fly just to go down a tiny slide and lay by one pool. My 9 and 13 year old were looking forward to the lazy river for months since they have not been allowed to do a lot since the quarantine.

Do not think chances of getting Covid change depending on which pool you are allowed to go to. It will make us go off location to do more things, which actually would.

Looking at renting a night or two as Resort, which should get us 3 days of use. (Vs. cancelling and trying to reschedule and dealing with airline) It has taken us 4 years to get back to Kierland for a large one bedroom using our SDO.

They are currently not doing day use, but if that changes will look into that as well.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
My wife would go crazy without the shuttle. We've been there a few times and never been in a pool. We go in January for the Barrett-Jackson auction, and it's a bit too chilly for me to go swimming. There were always some people in the pools, but we figured they were Canadians, not from south Florida like us.

PS - there's a TESLA dealer there. My wife got to shop her stuff, and I got to play with the cars! Hide your gold and Platinum cards - Scottsdale is $$$$$

Last edited:

Richierich2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was ther for a Barrett Jackson and I swam, but it was 73ish and Sunny. But we are from Oregon.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Here is the email we just got Kierland. Very disappointed that we can’t use the lazy river, etc at the Resort Also I called in two weeks ago, and said Lazy River was opening on Monday 15th and no one said anything about restricting usage by Villa guest.

Hello,
My name is Erica; I am one of the Managers at the Westin Kierland Villas in Scottsdale Arizona. I am reaching out to see if you are still coming for your reservation starting on 6/13/20. We are open and our team is working diligently to ensure that our hotel can continue to provide essential services in this challenging environment. As you are aware, social distancing guidelines dictate that many typical hotel services are currently adjusted or unavailable. We are following all of the appropriate protocols to ensure the safety of our guest and employees. Please note, one of our pools is currently open with very limited hours from 9am-6pm. We are planning to hopefully get the other pool open by 6/1/20. We do have 3 of our Barbeque areas open for usage being closely monitored by our staff. Lastly, our Westin Work out is open daily from 8:30-4:30. Cabana Rentals have been placed on hold until further notice. We are currently doing a first come first serve for any cabanas. However, this does not mean you will not have access to the pool. There will be other seating available for use. This may potentially change the day of your arrival depending on how quick we can get our staff back. Please know Lazy River, flowrider, & Adventure pool at the main resort will be restricted to villas guest for the safety of their guest, our guest, and employees. We have stopped all complimentary shuttle services to the Kierland Commons and Scottsdale Quarter until further notice. Our restaurant, & bar will remain close as well until further notice. All restaurants nearby have already opened with very strict guidelines they will need to follow for dine in. Please let me know if you have any questions. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

We just returned today from 4 nights at WKV and as noted in the email you received from the resort manager, the quiet pool was closed. We would have loved to use it, but there weren’t that many people there, so the recreation pool was relatively peaceful (only a few small kids.) And the water was a very comfortable temperature. The staff did a good job of sanitizing the lounge chairs etc after the guests left the area.

With regard to the hotel resort pool and lazy river, it seemed that the lazy river was being worked on as we didn’t see any water in it. We didn’t ask questions since we knew we couldn’t use it anyway.

Have a nice time. Safe travels.

Best regards.

Mike

mdditt2000

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
Hi Rich, I got the same email from Erica, I responding asking her to clarify the use of the resort. It reads guest. I’m thinking using the resort is only for people staying at the villas but not their guest.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grrrah

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
SVV - Key West
Hi Rich, I got the same email from Erica, I responding asking her to clarify the use of the resort. It reads guest. I’m thinking using the resort is only for people staying at the villas but not their guest.

Mark

I'm curious to the answer also as I read it the same way, especially with the use of comma/lists.

"Please know Lazy River, flowrider, & Adventure pool at the main resort will be restricted to villas guest for the safety of their guest, our guest, and employees. "

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I've got a check in on Father's Day. I hope more things are open by then. I don't get the pool thing since the water has chlorine in it and there is no evidence of the virus being spread in pools.

mdditt2000

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
I haven’t heard back from Erica.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I called yesterday and everything is open except the shuttle. The restaurant is open but with limited menu. Lazy river is open. You’ll just have to walk to get to it.

mdditt2000

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
Thank you for the follow up. I wonder if the timeshare office is open? Ha tell them what I think about their Covid policies...

Richierich2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Villa Guest are people with rooms at the Villas.

Here is her reply. It says we Might be able to go over to the Resort. And further limits usage of Villa Pools.

Mr. Lawson,

My apologies for this very late response. We have been very busy on property with trying to get things running as fast as we can.

I understand your frustration in regards the pools and wish we were able to provide more than we currently are. This is typically something we never saw coming for our villas guest. However, due to COVID-19 and social distancing it has been decided it will be safer for their guest at the resort and our guest at the villas that we do not bring larger groups together than we should. The Resort is currently only taking a certain amount of reservations per week to be able to accommodate their guests at their pools. There will be days that they will allow villa guest to use their lazy river and adventure pool but it will all be based on their occupancy. This is not something I would be able to guarantee until check in and how they are doing with their reservations. We will have both of our pools , the recreational pool and relaxation pool open daily from 9 AM to 6 PM. Starting this Saturday, June 6 we will start taking reservations for the pools the day of your arrival. We will be offering either the morning session from 9 AM to 1 PM or the night session from 1:30 to 6 PM. You will be able to choose if you would like to spend it at the recreational pool or the relaxation pool for which ever session best suits you and your family. . Our goal is that there will be some days we will not be full capacity at the pools and you will be able to sign up for both sessions and use the pools all day long from 9 AM to 6 PM.

Please know, our team is working diligently on getting all of our websites updated with the correct information. We have taken it upon ourselves at the front desk to reach out to upcoming elite guest like yourself with updated information in regards to the property. I can ensure you our wish is to get back up and running like normal as soon as possible and be able to provide all the amenities we have in the past. We are constantly getting new information weekly. We are currently working on trying to see how fast we can get our food and beverage team back up and running as well as our shuttle. If you would like, I would be more than happy to reach out if I get any new information from now until the day of your arrival. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Kind Regards,

Last edited:

mdditt2000

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
Thank you for the update. When are you arriving?

Tfziggs

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV
Yes, thanks for this update. We are schedule to arrive on June 14th. Traveling with my wife and 3 kids (ages 9, 7 & 3). The pools are the main reason for our visit so if we are limited to 1/2 a day at the villa pools with no access to the hotel pools then that will make me rethink our vacation. Just not much else to do with kids when the zoo, children's museum etc. are still closed. I just tried calling out to the villas to see what occupancy rate is for that week and to understand how far in advance we'll know if we have full day access to villa pools and hotel pools. No answer but I left a message so will update if/when I get a call back.

Richierich2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please let us know what they say.

I tried to edit my original title post, but I couldn’t.

Do one of you want to start a new post asking if anyone is at Kierland right now, and see what is actually happening?

Last edited:

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Try this.

Fun

Attachments

• 33EBC1EA-59E3-480E-85E0-1A930A1F23F8.jpeg
    33EBC1EA-59E3-480E-85E0-1A930A1F23F8.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 50

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
I am at Canyon Villas right now. Pool is only open from 10 to 6. Lots of cars, not empty. Restaurants off property open with dining in. Arizona is open from what we can tell.

mdditt2000

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
Also Saturday June 13th. Driving from SF Bay Area.

Richierich2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am at Canyon Villas right now. Pool is only open from 10 to 6. Lots of cars, not empty. Restaurants off property open with dining in. Arizona is open from what we can tell.

Are they restricting you to a morning or afternoon usage of the pool?

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Ugh we did that last year enjoy that 11 hour drive eek.

Also Saturday June 13th. Driving from SF Bay Area.

Are they restricting you to a morning or afternoon usage of the pool?

Went to the pool at 3:30 pm today was turned away. They said they had reached their limit. Not happy. Only main pool open. They said starting Monday we can make a reservation for 2 hours of pool time so everyone will have an opportunity. My comment was now we have to schedule our vacation, what fun.

Really poor planning on their part in my opinion. They told us several times they have limited staff working so obviously they can’t open the other 2 pools. Clearly they knew the number of reservations they had and it’s warm here what did they think people would want to do?

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
. . . . .

Really poor planning on their part in my opinion. They told us several times they have limited staff working so obviously they can’t open the other 2 pools. Clearly they knew the number of reservations they had and it’s warm here what did they think people would want to do?

Why limited staff? We didn't pay limited MF's this year.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Why limited staff? We didn't pay limited MF's this year.
Exactly my point. Arizona is open with few limitations from what we see. Stores close at 8 pm . Seating at restaurants is more spread out. No housekeeping available. 1 pool open . If you can have one open why not the other 2.

The room they gave us was not ready. Clearly had been exterminated and not cleaned afterward. The excuse is we apologize our staff is very limited right now. I complained about the pool situation same answer Limited staff.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I booked mine as a Getaway and called II and asked if I could cancel and rebook for a later date and was told no. Unless the resort closes again.

We're gonna make the best of it and since we're flying out and driving back, we'll leave early if it's too hot or no fun.