• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Delsil

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Vacation Club - Oceanwatch Resort Myrtle Beach
Marriott Vacation Club - Destination points
I am sure there are plenty of threads on this but I thought I would just post my question. I own a silver season week in Marriott Vacation Club at Ocean Watch in Myrtle Beach which I enrolled into the points system a few years ago. I currently get 1400 points for my week. I am looking to buy some additional points because some of the places I would like to go to, I fall just short of the needed points even if I borrow from the following year. A couple things I would like to know. If I buy resale points am I able to combine them with my current Vacation Club points? I heard Marriott will charge a fee for buying resale. Is this true? Will I be limited on only using them at certain resorts? My goal is to have some additional points to make a vacation work such as going to Marriott's Newport Coast, CA. For the 6 nights I would like in June 2019 I need almost 4000 points but will only have 2800. Any input or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are 3 paths that you can take and it depends on whether you want to own the points or rent the points:
1. Buy resale point, going for around $4 per point to pass ROFR, and MVC will add another $3 per point with a minimum of $3000, plus a couple of hundred dollars in junk fees.
2. Rent points from 2 sites that are maintained by TUGgers. You don't get tied to on-going ownership of points. Points rental is about $0.6+ per point.
3. Buy a hybrid (week + points) package from Marriott and the price per point is fairly close to option 1.

There are no restrictions on resale points as long as you pay MVC's junk fees.

Delsil

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Vacation Club - Oceanwatch Resort Myrtle Beach
Marriott Vacation Club - Destination points
There are 3 paths that you can take and it depends on whether you want to own the points or rent the points:
1. Buy resale point, going for around $4 per point to pass ROFR, and MVC will add another $3 per point with a minimum of $3000, plus a couple of hundred dollars in junk fees.
2. Rent points from 2 sites that are maintained by TUGgers. You don't get tied to on-going ownership of points. Points rental is about $0.6+ per point.
3. Buy a hybrid (week + points) package from Marriott and the price per point is fairly close to option 1.

There are no restrictions on resale points as long as you pay MVC's junk fees.
How do I find the cost of the Marriott Junk fees