• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Buttergate

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
..and their ketchup!

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
When I lived in Italy, there was a significant seasonal difference in the mozzarella, too.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I can't believe it's butter.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Anyone remember when "summer butter" was more yellow than "winter butter"?
We get milk from a local dairy, and we can tell by the taste when the cows are let out to the pasture the first time in the spring.

Kurt

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
An interesting story on NPR...

Buttergate

... in which Canadians are experiencing harder butter that does not spread well. The chief suspect (not proven) is an increased use of palm oil and derivatives in cow feed. Hard butter, would certainly be a nuisance, but what would really get to me is non-foaming milk experienced in British Columbia. My morning cappuccino at risk! Yikes!

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
..and their ketchup!
ketchup
?
Canadian Food additive rules do not allow corn syrup in ketchup.
(ie) - ketchupy or ketchup style is required if corn syrup is an ingredient.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a social issue and I do not understand this thread. IMHO.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I do think of TUG as social media....

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
..and their ketchup!
Hey, if we are going to criticize Canada for ketchup, let's criticize Mexico for their cocktail sauce. Mexicans seem to have no idea what horseradish is, or where to get it.
We bring our own cocktail sauce to Mexico, as we can buy very good shrimp at most supermercados.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Hey, if we are going to criticize Canada for ketchup, let's criticize Mexico for their cocktail sauce. Mexicans seem to have no idea what horseradish is, or where to get it.
We bring our own cocktail sauce to Mexico, as we can buy very good shrimp at most supermercados.
Your first problem is ruining fresh, delicious shrimp by putting cocktail sauce on it! :ROFLMAO:

Kurt

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
We get milk from a local dairy, and we can tell by the taste when the cows are let out to the pasture the first time in the spring.

Kurt
We do too- and yep-the milk tastes different. Can't drink milk from commercial big dairies anymore as it tastes awful. Course we are spoiled on our eggs too.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Your first problem is ruining fresh, delicious shrimp by putting cocktail sauce on it! :ROFLMAO:

Kurt
Just like those that dump "steak sauce" on a great cut of steak!

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Big Canadian question is whether raisins should be in homemade BUTTER TARTS

The answer is NO for me. I don't know why my Canadian relatives put raisins in perfectly good food. Coleslaw with raisins. Crab salad with raisins. Raisin bread. Peanut butter and raisin. Rice with raisins. I don't like raisins in anything but granola.

For the longest time, it seemed like every jar of mayo in Mexico had lime in it.

I'm not sure why butter is an issue because melting butter soft isn't really tough to figure out unless your stoned I guess. Harder butter could have been a topic at our house in the 70's. I can hear somebody asking something like " hey man, why is this butter so hard ?"

Bill

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I would say that most North Americans have no idea what really good horseradish is. To get the really good stuff in North America you need a very good Asian market.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
The answer is NO for me. I don't know why my Canadian relatives put raisins in perfectly good food. Coleslaw with raisins. Crab salad with raisins. Raisin bread. Peanut butter and raisin. Rice with raisins. I don't like raisins in anything but granola.

For the longest time, it seemed like every jar of mayo in Mexico had lime in it.

I'm not sure why butter is an issue because melting butter soft isn't really tough to figure out unless your stoned I guess. Harder butter could have been a topic at our house in the 70's. I can hear somebody asking something like " hey man, why is this butter so hard ?"

Bill
Maybe it was this righteous dude:

iu

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
So Canadians ate 10% more butter in 2020. I guess this is true about other foods, another negative effect of the lockdowns.