• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Buttergate

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
So Canadians ate 10% more butter in 2020. I guess this is true about other foods, another negative effect of the lockdowns.
[Is eveything caused by Covid lockdowns?]

is this the corollary to - “You inherit craziness from your kids”
- and that is how the raisins got in the butter tarts ?

Personally.I prefer pecans in the butter tarts I consume.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is eveything caused by Covid lockdowns?

is this the corollary to - “You inherit craziness from your kids”
- and that is how the raisins got in the butter tarts ?

Personally.I prefer pecan in the butter tarts I consume
LOL I am not sure what you do not agree with. Consuming more food IS a problem since there was no malnutrition in Canada before. When you add a more sedentary lifestyle due to the pandemic and especially that we have 6 months of winter in Canada when people tend to spend less time outdoors and be less active, it cannot be good.

By the way, in case you missed it, the article mentions a 10% increase in the butter consumption due to the pandemic, I did not bring it up.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Consuming more food IS a problem since there was no malnutrition in Canada before. When you add a more sedentary lifestyle

AH HA, I figured it out. Canadian pot growers are know to produce the highest quality buds. Pot is legal in all of Canada for the most part. More Canadian's are indulging in the new pot laws and are getting hungry and consuming more brownies. Many stoned people get the munchies and play video games or stare at their phones while sitting. It all makes sense now.

Bill

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
AH HA, I figured it out.......More Canadian's are indulging in the new pot laws and are getting hungry and consuming more brownies. Many stoned people get the munchies and play video games or stare at their phones while sitting. It all makes sense now.
Bill
Bread & Circus’s for the masses / to distract us from the inability to visit Timeshares in Mexico & Caribbean.

Bread- ( toast) with HARD BUTTER
Circus - is in Ottawa and other regional locations.
and no raisins in the munchie brownies.

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
AH HA, I figured it out. Canadian pot growers are know to produce the highest quality buds. Pot is legal in all of Canada for the most part. More Canadian's are indulging in the new pot laws and are getting hungry and consuming more brownies. Many stoned people get the munchies and play video games or stare at their phones while sitting. It all makes sense now.

Bill

Summary box
What is already known?
  • COVID-19-related lockdowns have affected people’s physical activity (PA) and sedentary behaviour (SB).
What are the new findings?
  • The majority of studies show that PA levels decreased during the COVID-19 lockdown across all reviewed populations, except for eating disorder patients.
  • The majority of studies show that SB levels increased.
  • Public health strategies should include the promotion of PA and effective guidance on how to decrease SB during a lockdown, especially in populations with medical conditions that are improved by PA, such as type 1 and type 2 diabetes.

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Summary box
What is already known?
  • COVID-19-related lockdowns have affected people’s physical activity (PA) and sedentary behaviour (SB).
What are the new findings?
  • The majority of studies show that PA levels decreased during the COVID-19 lockdown across all reviewed populations, except for eating disorder patients.
  • The majority of studies show that SB levels increased.
  • Public health strategies should include the promotion of PA and effective guidance on how to decrease SB during a lockdown, especially in populations with medical conditions that are improved by PA, such as type 1 and type 2 diabetes.

I'm thinking that the majority of pot smokers are not motivated enough to do much. In the past when pot was illegal and there was less technology people were outdoors more often. It seems, but I'm not sure how they could tell for sure, that Canadian's are buying record amounts of pot.

Bill

https://www.vice.com/en/article/jgxz7d/canadians-buying-way-more-weed-covid19-coronavirus

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova

That does it; I'm not going to Canada until they fix their butter (or it gets warmer)....

I think this hard butter in Canada is all due to metrification.

1 ) The cows think it is colder in metric temp. & produce harder colder milk fat.
2 ) The extra 6 inches due to having to social distance 2 metres
is somehow impacting butter

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Didn't this all start when Tim Horton's was sold and was no longer a Canadian company? Was there anything Canadian that could be considered sacred after that? First Tim Horton's. Now hard butter?

If this keeps up, people will soon forget how to tell the difference between a beaver tail and an elephant ear.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
At least Canadians still have the market on Nanimo Bars and Butter tarts. LOL

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I think this hard butter in Canada is all due to metrification.

1 ) The cows think it is colder in metric temp. & produce harder colder milk fat.
2 ) The extra 6 inches due to having to social distance 2 metres
is somehow impacting butter

... that's about the length of a stick of butter! Coincidence? I don't think so!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Didn't this all start when Tim Horton's was sold and was no longer a Canadian company? Was there anything Canadian that could be considered sacred after that? First Tim Horton's. Now hard butter?

If this keeps up, people will soon forget how to tell the difference between a beaver tail and an elephant ear.
Yes -
Tim Horton's uses small individual SOFT BUTTER tubs-lets , that they give you for use with their buns & muffins.
This HARD BUTTER controversy is (IMO) part of a bigger Canadiana export story.

Do you recall the scene in Stan Mikita's Donuts in the movie Wayne's World when Garth and Wayne* discussed
ROCK HARD butter during their conversation about a 1964 Fender Stratocaster and all access tickets to an Alice Cooper concert.

[ *Wayne -Mike Myers along with Pamela Anderson are two of Canada's famous exports]
-we keep the butter tarts and Nanimo Bars for ourselves.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
[ *Wayne -Mike Myers along with Pamela Anderson are two of Canada's famous exports]
-we keep the butter tarts and Nanimo Bars for ourselves.
What about Celine Dion and Neil Young? And The Band?

DDIL is from Lethbridge, and DS has accordingly adopted some Canadian culture and awareness - one element of which involves the requirement for Canadian television and radio stations to meet a minimum requirement of Canadian content - and what qualifies. If Neil Young qualifies, what about Crazy Horse and CSNY? Does The Band count? If so, does The Band count only when the were the featured performer, or does it count when they were backing up Dylan because they outnumbered him?

If Neil Young doesn't count now, does recordings count from early in his career when he was indisputably Canadian? And if so, when did he stop being Canadian?

Since Mike Myers is Canadian, do Austin Powers movies count? What about SCTV - mostly American performers, but filmed and produced largely in Edmonton? What about NHL games? Do all games count, or only if a Canadian team is playing? Does it make a difference if the game is in Canada or the US?

Enough questions to support an entire ministry in Ottawa, I'm sure. You've got to have people who receive the questions and make a recommendation. Then there have to be peers to review thse decisions and comment about consistency. Then all of that input must go to some senior official, who receives the information and makes a recommendation. But then that official needs to send the information to officials in other ministries who might have an opinion or stake in the question. Each of those ministries will have their own person who is tasked with reviewing the decisions made by the first ministry, and providing feedbacj. Then our senior ministry receives the content and summarizes it, and then passes it up to the next higher for review and concurrence.

And maybe that's enough to make a decision, but if itmight be controversial, then it might get passed off to some legal agency for review. Or perhaps there is an advisory commission that has been created to provide outside input on such situations. (And of course, that commission will have two or three ministry assigned to provide support and management for the committee.) And of course if either the legal review or the advisory commission has concerns, then the question will have to be looked at an even higher level.

And thus simple questions of whether or not a Neil Young song is Canadian is sufficient to keep 20 or so people "gainfully" employed.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
What about Celine Dion and Neil Young? And The Band?

DDIL is from Lethbridge, and DS has accordingly adopted some Canadian culture and awareness - one element of which involves the requirement for Canadian television and radio stations to meet a minimum requirement of Canadian content - and what qualifies. If Neil Young qualifies, what about Crazy Horse and CSNY?
Enough questions to support an entire ministry in Ottawa ......
And thus simple questions of whether or not a Neil Young song is Canadian is sufficient to keep 20 or so people "gainfully" employed.
This is a long way from Hard Butter

CRTC is sort of the FCC- not a ministry but similar
- they do enforce Canadian Content rules.

Of course a radio station is covered if they play some :
Drake - The Weeknd -Justin Bieber- Shawn Mendez
Avril Lavigne - Alanis Morissette-Shania Twain -Celine Dion
Then there is Rush- BTO-Loverboy-Nickleback

They can also play the ones that are mostly famous domestically
Blue Rodeo-Arkells-The Tragically Hip
Jully Black-Kardinal Offishall-Maestro-JackSoul
Fred Eaglesmith - Sarah Harmer- Kathleen Edwards

I have no francophone artist knowledge -
Of course for real Canadiana - you can play Stomping Tom Conners.

For TV - we just have 24 hour Shitts Creek marathons.
while we eat BUTTER TARTS & Nanimo Bars.

Last edited:

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
...and just in case someone hasn't seen it..