• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Burger King rebranding

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
No blueberries for you next year. :)

Yea, it was just the news report that claimed blue is not a food color.. I actually love blueberries on my cereal.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I woulda used a better name than Fifth-Third, perhaps something like "Third-Wheel Bank."
Hey, whatever floats their boat... I'd just get tired of explaining the name of my bank.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Sorry to bust your bubble, but I'm from the northeast and never heard of 5/3. I guess there were 156 Burger Kings in Florida that got torn down and turned into banks. 156 in the whole state? No wonder we never heard of them. Did you think 156 was a lot?
So why do you list "Marco Island" as your location on your profile? Can't figure out how to edit your profile correctly?

And yes, 156 locations in a single state is significant.

Kurt

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
that sort of change worked for the cleveland browns!

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
So why do you list "Marco Island" as your location on your profile? Can't figure out how to edit your profile correctly?

And yes, 156 locations in a single state is significant.

Kurt
It's where I live - simple as that. Why can't you understand that? What is confusing you? The Burger Kings here are all GONE! All ONE of them. Our city is converting the last Burger King into a 5/3 Bank.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
It's where I live - simple as that. Why can't you understand that? What is confusing you?
Ok, so you do live on Marco Island, but you said "they have a branch here that nobody ever hear of" (in your own words), and "Sorry to bust your bubble, but I'm from the northeast and never heard of 5/3", but yet there are 156 Fifth Third branches in Florida.

I just find it interesting that you said you have "never heard of 5/3" and live in Florida. Very interesting. I'm done here, have a nice day.

Kurt

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
If you must have one, it may be possible to build your own Burger King:
Franchise Fee: $50,000
Other Expenses: ~$316,000
BK requires franchisees to have $500K in liquidity and a net worth of $1.5 million.
-- from www.franchisehelp.com

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Ok, so you do live on Marco Island, but you said "they have a branch here that nobody ever hear of" (in your own words), and "Sorry to bust your bubble, but I'm from the northeast and never heard of 5/3", but yet there are 156 Fifth Third branches in Florida.

I just find it interesting that you said you have "never heard of 5/3" and live in Florida. Very interesting. I'm done here, have a nice day.

Kurt
What I meant was I lived in the Philly area most of my life, but never even heard of 5/3 until I moved to Florida.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Same here. The one they had was torn down. I guess it's because they needed another vacant lot. Like there weren't already a lot of them here anyway. ??

They also removed the second Starbucks (What?? Blasphemy!!) But then they opened a second McDonalds, and they have two Dairy Queen locations. I don't get it. It's not that big of a town. :shrug:

Dave
Exact opposite problem here. Seems every vacant lot is being developed. I'm concerned about where all the burrowing owls are going to nest. Publix even tore down part of a shopping center to make a bigger Publix.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
There is a great place in Denver on Evans and about Colorado Blvd, right off of I-25, Crown Burger. Best burgers you ever had. The Royal Pastrami Burger is my personal favorite. It has pastrami, cheese, a nice soft bun, and a great tasting hamburger patty. The fries are big, nice steak fries, and they are served with special sauce. I could never enjoy Burger King after one of those burgers. The fries are so crispy and delish. Good thing our dinner is almost ready because I am making myself hungry.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
There is a great place in Denver on Evans and about Colorado Blvd, right off of I-25, Crown Burger. Best burgers you ever had. The Royal Pastrami Burger is my personal favorite. It has pastrami, cheese, a nice soft bun, and a great tasting hamburger patty. The fries are big, nice steak fries, and they are served with special sauce. I could never enjoy Burger King after one of those burgers. The fries are so crispy and delish. Good thing our dinner is almost ready because I am making myself hungry.
iu