• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Burger King rebranding

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
We have two (2) Starbucks being built within a three (3) miles radius. This will make a grand total of five (5) Starbucks within a ten (10) miles radius.

I remember when I lived in Portland, OR long ago I could see five Starbucks by just turning around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
I'm being facetious. But for the size of our town, we have WAY TOO MANY BANKS. There is an area in our town center where every other property is a bank. Banks I've never heard of. Banks just keep coming. What are we, Cayman Island??? Ever heard of 5/3 Bank?

5/3 Bank is HQ in Cincinnati. Major Regional in the Midwest.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Also many Dollar stores,

rboesl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
Well, I can see the difference. The letter font is different than previous renditions of that logo. Someone in marketing must have done a study to find the fatter, more rounded, letters implied you would be getting a bigger burger.

I remember years ago the company I worked for did something similar. They changed the font and color of the letters. Studies showed the font was "easier to read" and the color was a hue that would catch the eye better.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
About ten years ago, the BK in our vicinity was torn down and replaced with..(checking notes)...a McDonald's!

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I'm being facetious. But for the size of our town, we have WAY TOO MANY BANKS. There is an area in our town center where every other property is a bank. Banks I've never heard of. Banks just keep coming. What are we, Cayman Island??? Ever heard of 5/3 Bank?
If the market can't maintain all the banks, the branches would close. The thing is, in Marco Island there is a fair bit of money and also a lot of snowbirds. These banks want to service their customers when they are at home up north or in Florida. Having these branches down in Florida, it helps them to maintain the customer up north.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Major? Well, they have a branch here that nobody ever hear of.
Nobody ever hear of? You people must not get off your island very often then. A quick search reveals there are 156 Fifth Third bank locations in Florida alone.

Kurt

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
We have two (2) Starbucks being built within a three (3) miles radius. This will make a grand total of five (5) Starbucks within a ten (10) miles radius.

I’ve got a *bux 2 blocks one way and 3 blocks the other.

I do like a Whopper with mustard, extra pickles, hold the onion. Thats it for BK menu. Alas, none around here.

We had 2 Jack in the Box but one closed, we are now getting the iconic Randys Donuts, logo hasn’t changed, its too big :)

a77e203c43a359e63a24a393df3cc490.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
@Sea Six, I can understand how it seemed a little underwhelming to get another...bank. A few years ago, they started building on two vacant stand-alone store pads in a shopping center near us. DW and I were thinking maybe a couple of cool restaurants are going in. That would be fun. They ended up being a chain jeweler and a Verizon Wireless. Woo-hoo. You could feel the vibe as we could barely contain our excitement!

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I remember Burger Chef ... our go to place for fast-food burgers when I was in college. They were the first flame-broiled operation. Shef Burger - yeah.

1610336746210.png

Breezy52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark Platinum Owner
I thought this was going to be a rebranding to a gender neutral name for political correctness reasons.
That's funny! Maybe a (he/him) after King....

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
We've already got 2 branches of 5/3 Bank on this little Island. I don't care how big they are - we don't need 3. I'd rather have the Burger King back. And you 5/3 fans can just drive the 3 extra blocks to get to the next branch when you absolutely need it.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Nobody ever hear of? You people must not get off your island very often then. A quick search reveals there are 156 Fifth Third bank locations in Florida alone.

Kurt
Sorry to bust your bubble, but I'm from the northeast and never heard of 5/3. I guess there were 156 Burger Kings in Florida that got torn down and turned into banks. 156 in the whole state? No wonder we never heard of them. Did you think 156 was a lot?

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We've already got 2 branches of 5/3 Bank on this little Island. I don't care how big they are - we don't need 3. I'd rather have the Burger King back. And you 5/3 fans can just drive the 3 extra blocks to get to the next branch when you absolutely need it.
Not sure it is up to you to decide how many branches a population can support. If they didn't feel the need to have them, they wouldn't build them. Would you rather have another Taco Bell instead? You may not bank there, but there are obviously plenty that do.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now, if only they'd serve burgers that look like what they advertise...
instead of a tasteless burger, dried out by a heat-lamp, on a stale bun.
But that's what they're known for.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If somebody doesn’t want a bank, laundromat, florist, fast food place, smoke shop or whatever, go to the planning/zoning commission (if there is one) and complain. Usually has little or no effect but it sometimes helps relieve the apparent stress over too many of anything:D.

Cheers

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score

My mother had all her IRA accounts in Fifth Third Bank.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
I remember Burger Chef ... our go to place for fast-food burgers when I was in college. They were the first flame-broiled operation. Shef Burger - yeah.

View attachment 30942

We had one of the last ones in operation near me. It went out around 10 years ago. They made really good and cheap burgers. I think it was on Rt 36 in Hazlet, NJ.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I remember when I lived in Portland, OR long ago I could see five Starbucks by just turning around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some things are important to your daily life. :)

In downtown Seattle, there are two Starbucks on diagonally opposite corners of the same street. Both are busy most of the time.

I was told by the local Starbucks here that in order to have a second location in town, the first location is required to do something like $40,000 a day in business. (Not sure how true that is.) But considering how busy the single Starbucks is in my town always is, they should be able to meet that requirement. If the store is open 16 hours a day, that's only $2500 per hour. With upselling going on like it does, online orders, walk-ins, and the occasional big spender, it shouldn't be that hard to meet that amount. :shrug:

Dave

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)

View attachment 30942
Good memories. Going to university on a 20 meal plan. Burger Chef was across the street from the dorm and was packed on Sunday night!

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
My mother had all her IRA accounts in Fifth Third Bank.
Every time I see Fifth Third Bank, I wonder what happened to the first 4...:oops: