• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Broadway Productions on Tour

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
For a number of years, we have had season tickets to our local theater that hosts touring Broadway shows. We have seen many of the big-name productions, and a number that I had not heard of before. While I have enjoyed the majority, often my favorites have not been the season headliner, but instead the under the radar shows.

Just curious what musicals/plays are others’ favorites.

I have thoroughly enjoyed Beautiful, Come From Away, and Finding Neverland.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Locally, we recently saw Book of Mormon. It had an excellent touring cast.
Years ago, we saw Hello, Dolly! touring with Sally Struthers. It was interesting.
We passed on Beautiful, Jersey Boys & Cats, as we saw those on Broadway.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Hamilton this year. 2yrs ago we missed the local tour and had to see it in San Diego. This time we only have to drive to LA

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I haven't seen a touring production in years. Now we go to NYC every fall and I'll see a show there.

When we lived in California I enjoyed going to productions in San Francisco. Saw Wicked, Chicago, The Color of Purple, Jersey Boys, A Chorus Line (and others that I can't remember).

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
For a number of years, we have had season tickets to our local theater that hosts touring Broadway shows. We have seen many of the big-name productions, and a number that I had not heard of before. While I have enjoyed the majority, often my favorites have not been the season headliner, but instead the under the radar shows.

Just curious what musicals/plays are others’ favorites.

I have thoroughly enjoyed Beautiful, Come From Away, and Finding Neverland.

I'm in the same boat as you. Have bought seasons tickets over the years for early access to Wicked, The Book of Mormon, Hamilton, etc. My favourite show was Finding Neverland. Completely underrated gem.

Going to catch Come From Away this June when it revisits San Jose.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
We’re going to see Hamilton in San Francisco on Tuesday. Unexpected bonus during a quickie weekend away to see family in the Bay Area.

Dave

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
We’re going to see Hamilton in San Francisco on Tuesday. Unexpected bonus during a quickie weekend away to see family in the Bay Area.

Dave
I still haven't seen Hamilton and still not sure if I really want to see it. Then I got some information about $49 tickets in San Francisco. Since we will be there at the end of February I took a look. Yes, there were $49 seats, but not in areas I'd want to sit in. So, I won't be going. I know that everyone I know who has seen it has raved about it.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I still haven't seen Hamilton and still not sure if I really want to see it. Then I got some information about $49 tickets in San Francisco. Since we will be there at the end of February I took a look. Yes, there were $49 seats, but not in areas I'd want to sit in. So, I won't be going. I know that everyone I know who has seen it has raved about it.

I like theater, and I especially like interesting theater. Where we live, touring casts in decent shows are kind of rare, and the performances in Seattle are only for a few dates. Like maybe a week? Theater season ticket holders get the good seats, and unless you like nosebleeds, its tough seeing shows from good seats at the few theaters in Seattle that host touring casts of things.

As it happens, Hamilton in SF is there for several months. I think that may be why the seats are less than you expected - those who want to see it have likely already been there. In our case, I checked on a whim, and got excellent sixth row seats in SF for less than half of what similar seats sell for in Seattle, on the rare times they're available.

As to the topic and how the show is performed - I'm fine with all of it. Just like with the movies, I suspend disbelief in the name of entertainment. We saw Warhorse on Broadway several years ago, and it was the most riveting, believable theater experience I'd ever had - despite the main character being a six-foot wireframe puppet. Two minutes into the performance, that horse came to life, and was REAL. It was incredible. :)

I'll let you know what I thought of Hamilton after we get home on Wednesday.

Dave

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score

Have you checked if they open up last-minute seats? When Hamilton was here, I was able to pick up single seats on the theater’s website for less than $80 each. I noticed they became available shortly after noon for each evening’s performance. In our case those seats were rows 5 and 8 just off center - even better than our Season seats. And for that discount, who cares if you sit together during the performance.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Have you checked if they open up last-minute seats? When Hamilton was here, I was able to pick up single seats on the theater’s website for less than $80 each. I noticed they became available shortly after noon for each evening’s performance. In our case those seats were rows 5 and 8 just off center - even better than our Season seats. And for that discount, who cares if you sit together during the performance.
We are only in San Francisco for about 1 1/2 days. Not really sure if that is how we want to spend our time. And I'm 99.9999% sure dh doesn't want to see it, so what to do with him while dd and I go. I'd rather wait and see it in NYC, if it's still playing there, when we go later this year. And of course I still need to decide if I really want to see it at all. ;) But, thanks for the tip.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had Hamilton in Norfolk,VA last month. One word. Outstanding.