• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Boston Marathon Explosions

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
No Miranda Rights read to Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. I takes 15 seconds to read these. This will be an issue. My opinion is " go by the book" and they should of read them.

People are being asked to include Dzhokhar Tsarnaev in their prayers.

Huffington Post ‏@HuffingtonPost 39m
Prayers pour in for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev after arrest http://huff.to/17yxYfT
View summary Reply Retweet Favorite More

This week while all eyes were on Boston, Congress has overwhelmingly approved changes to the STOCK ACT.

http://nyulocal.com/national/2013/04/15/congress-quietly-repeals-congressional-insider-trading-ban/

While looking at many pictures of the Boston bombing it is apparant that people ditch their items including back packs. There were many pictures of people that started off with back packs or duffel bags that ended up leaving with out them.

There is now a bill thats objective is to ban sales of black powder in the wake of the bombing.
http://www.examiner.com/article/sen...egulating-black-power-wake-of-boston-massacre

There has been a trend for the month of April for events like this recent bombing. Maybe this is why security for the marathon was so tight.
April 26, 1986 – Chernobyl nuclear disaster
April 19, 1993 – Waco conflict
April 19, 1995 – Oklahoma City Bombing
April 20, 1999 – Columbine High School Shootings
April 16, 2007 – Virginia Tech Shootings
April 20, 2010 – BP’s Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Officials: 'Dedicated Officer' Gunned Down by Boston Marathon Suspects at MIT - by Elizabeth Chuck and Miranda Leitsinger/ NBC News/ USNews

...In a tragic coincidence, Collier and Donahue (another officer wounded in the subsequent Watertown shootout) were "actually really good friends” who graduated from the same 26-member police academy class together three years ago, according to Milton, Mass., police officer Michael Delaney, who went to the academy with them.

"It's bizarre," Delaney said. "To take two of them out of there, it's a decent percentage."

Richard

L

laurac260

I heard all the interviews, read them, woke up and went to sleep to them.

You forget, I live here, right near Watertown where I shop (Russo's) and travel to work through. I know the area and how its laid out. Taken all the shortcuts through there.

Not getting defensive, not sure where that came from. Read whatever you'd like into my posts, but your info seems to be coming directly from Faux News.

Of course they needed thermal imaging......... to mitigate damage.

My info came directly from the homeowners account. His son in law was chosen to be their spokesperson. The words came directly from his mouth, as he was speaking them, live.

Why do you keep bringing up Fox News?

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
My info came directly from the homeowners account. His son in law was chosen to be their spokesperson. The words came directly from his mouth, as he was speaking them, live.

Why do you keep bringing up Fox News?

Again, I'm going to say that yes, I heard the interview many times over. Yes, I know what was said.

Try addressing the thermal imaging point. Focus. Re: Uh, no. CBS is completely incorrect.

L

laurac260

Beagle, I understand you are upset. I would be too. I cannot imagine what this must've been like for you, and the residents of Watertown .

Saying the guy may have been there all along is not negating the police's efforts. It's obvious he knew he didn't have a prayer's chance of getting out of that town uncaught.

God forbid something like this ever happened in MY town, I'd consider myself lucky to have that kind of protection.

That's how I will end my contribution to this discussion.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beagle, I understand you are upset. I would be too. I cannot imagine what this must've been like for you, and the residents of Watertown .

Saying the guy may have been there all along is not negating the police's efforts. It's obvious he knew he didn't have a prayer's chance of getting out of that town uncaught.

God forbid something like this ever happened in MY town, I'd consider myself lucky to have that kind of protection.

That's how I will end my contribution to this discussion.

That's funny. I am not upset, merely amused that you speak in such absolutes. I do not live in Watertown, but Weston.

ETA: It is somewhat irksome to get you to respond to something directly, though. This leads a dialogue nowhere.

Last edited:
L

laurac260

That's funny. I am not upset, merely amused that you speak in such absolutes. I do not live in Watertown, but Weston, either.

ETA: It is somewhat irksome to get you to respond to something directly, though. This leads a dialogue nowhere.

Beagle, apparently I was typing as you were typing, so I did not see your comment.

What I took away from the CBS report when I read it last night was the implication that that was how the guy was FOUND. And, as we all know, was completely incorrect, thus my reply.

I still think cbs's wording is open to interpretation, but whatever.

And I do know what you mean about being irked at someone's lack of reply, I did ask atleast twice why you keep bringing up Fox News. I never mentioned them once.

You and I got along just fine last night.

Not sure what changed in the light of day...?

At any rate, I'm supposed to be going to the grocery store. Better run! :)

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was watching a news report this am that said the home owner noticed a ladder by the boat that wasn't there before with blood on the outside so called police... anyway it's interesting how this differs from the above. Guess they make it up as they go...:shrug:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Not sure why you are getting defensive

Did you hear the interview of the son in law of the homeowner?

I did. As soon as he saw what he saw, he called 911. Within minutes the swat team converged on his house.

They believe the guy was in the area. An eye witness says there is blood on the side of his boat, and a bloody body inside..swat was already mobilized and in the area. Homeowner said the house is 3/8 of a mile from original shoot out ...

But they needed to call in a helicopter with infrared sensors??? :shrug:

But don't take my word for it. Google the interview.

I'd much sooner trust this guy than anything coming out of CBS (unless its the weather , perhaps )

For what it's worth, the state police and other helicopters have been flying over the Greater Boston metro area all week long, and the heat/thermal-imaging systems on them are pretty standard. Not sure what or if anything is being implied, but it was a simple matter for that helicopter's equipment to be directed to that exact spot because it had already been pressed into service quite some time prior. I can't begin to guess why anybody would question why it was pressed into service, anyway, considering it probably also has equipment that may be able to detect explosives as well.

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
.. There has been a trend for the month of April for events like this recent bombing. Maybe this is why security for the marathon was so tight.
April 26, 1986 – Chernobyl nuclear disaster
April 19, 1993 – Waco conflict
April 19, 1995 – Oklahoma City Bombing
April 20, 1999 – Columbine High School Shootings
April 16, 2007 – Virginia Tech Shootings
April 20, 2010 – BP’s Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill

No tighter than it's been in recent years. The Boston Marathon is an international large-scale event that invites the premier elite runners along with 22,000+ other official runners and untold numbers of unofficial runners, crazies and hundreds of thousands of spectators along the 26.2 mile route; it's always had tight security. Of course, like everything else it's been tighter still since 9/11, but it really doesn't appear that security was out of the ordinary this year.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think I'm much too invested here to participate much longer in this thread. At this point I'm not even sure that I'm interpreting what's being posted correctly. But I get the feeling that we're at least edging toward the line that's going to offend a whole lot of people who are as invested as me, the line that if crossed will devolve quickly to contentious criticisms of our involved law enforcement agencies and contentious debate about conspiracy theories.

Please, let's not do this.

L

laurac260

For what it's worth, the state police and other helicopters have been flying over the Greater Boston metro area all week long, and the heat/thermal-imaging systems on them are pretty standard. Not sure what or if anything is being implied, but it was a simple matter for that helicopter's equipment to be directed to that exact spot because it had already been pressed into service quite some time prior. I can't begin to guess why anybody would question why it was pressed into service, anyway, considering it probably also has equipment that may be able to detect explosives as well.

Fair enough, Sue. :)

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I never heard -- was the FLIR equipped helicopter present Thursday evening at the scene of the shootout?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I never heard -- was the FLIR equipped helicopter present Thursday evening at the scene of the shootout?

Yes, in fact a few helicopters were directing their hi-powered search lights on the scene at various times to aid the efforts.

l2trade

TUG Member
Reaction score

I am not an expert, but I thought the heat/thermal imaging systems work much better at finding people when the sun goes down.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am not an expert, but I thought the heat/thermal imaging systems work much better at finding people when the sun goes down.

I dunno. Now that you mention it, maybe it means something that the sun set between when the boat owner reported what he found and when the suspect was captured? While they were showing live scenes on the local news coverage they were speculating that law enforcement had the boat surrounded from a perimeter and were waiting for confirmation of whether there were explosives or not from one of those bomb robot things and other means. Other speculation, during scenes showing one family being carried by police, was that they were waiting until all civilians were similarly removed from adjacent properties. Still more speculation was that they were engaged in another gunfight when several shots were heard off-camera, but after the fact that was explained as "flashbang" devices that were used to disorient the suspect.

Sounds like you could be on to something.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I'm much too invested here to participate much longer in this thread. At this point I'm not even sure that I'm interpreting what's being posted correctly. But I get the feeling that we're at least edging toward the line that's going to offend a whole lot of people who are as invested as me, the line that if crossed will devolve quickly to contentious criticisms of our involved law enforcement agencies and contentious debate about conspiracy theories.

Agree wholeheartedly.

Cannot give enough thanks to law enforcement for the takedowns and protection of local and global citizens. These were unchartered waters, never ventured into before in history, not even with the Oklahoma City bombings. Done perfectly? Not sure. No one has all the data on why LE did/did not do things, but there's info there that only they are privy to.

Living in a one-over-from neighboring town, I slept with one eye open and all lights on with my entrances blocked the night before last. My home was in the helicopter path as well . It was a real and not made-for-TV threat for me, truly. I am sitting here jubilant with relief watching our Sox play after a cathartic opening.

I am edging towards the line of saying something that needs to be said, but will refrain.

Sue, I am signing off and will let the LE experts do their quarterbacking.

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Just so I know could you give me an ideal of what is considered conspiracy theory and what is newsworthy. I really dont know. :eek: Maybe its every thing I post. :D

On the other forums I visit there are many discussions of what people actually think verus what is reported. Is that type of discussion considered conspiracy ? I really haven't told any one here what I really think. :D and plan to keep it that way.

When professionals forget or are ordered not to give a suspect their rights by law it does make people speculate and come up with their own ideas.

I can say that this bombing is a game changer for all other public events and will be used to promote security measures which may seem unconstitutional but very necessary.

Also, anything this young man did in the past will be used to promote his innocence or an agenda. If he was depressed or had any mental problem like bi polar or aspergers he may end up in a mental institution instead of being given the death penalty. There is all ready talk that he was a habitual pot smoker and this might be the cause of his mental problems.

Monday there will be plenty of new info. Glen Beck is saying he has info that will blow the top off the investigation. Im sure Rush Limbaugh will be adding fuel to all of this news as well. To me, these are some what conspiratorial but some times even these guys have a valid point.

It was interesting and some what entertaining to catch up with this thread this morning. I was grinning when reading the reports from beagle eye, denise and all that participated in the trending news. :D

Bill

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps we should focus on the fact that these guys were identified by photo within 3 days of the bombing and they were dead or captured a few hours after the 4 day mark. I think that is extraordinary.

geoand

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
thermal imaging was needed to show where he was within the boat. His position would be important to know if LEOs needed to do a take down.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PODZaaMTwfg

Glen Beck is going to release info that may be really hard for anyone to challenge.

T ‏@RT_com 19 Apr
PHOTO: The moment of #Dzhokhar #Tsarnaev's arrest caught on camera http://on.rt.com/9ay7qr pic.twitter.com/h7n1epq3pn
Retweeted 1608 times
Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite More

RT ‏@RT_com 6h
PHOTO: Infrared image released by police show #Dzhokhar #Tsarnaev hiding in a boat http://on.rt.com/hu3yye pic.twitter.com/RtIAD1AtPW
View photo Reply Retweet Favorite

CarolF

TUG Member
Reaction score
What exactly would you "reprimand" the police for?

A tactical error that allowed a dangerous suspect to escape and place the community at risk. There appeared to be a lot of professionals involved in the capture of 2 suspects. However, I wasn't there, I don't know the circumstances and the locals seems genuinely pleased with the outcome - that is what counts and the most important thing. My apologies to those who were offended by my question.

Once again, my condolences to the Boston community for your losses.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
What was the tactical error - this is the first I've heard of it?

CarolF

TUG Member
Reaction score
What was the tactical error - this is the first I've heard of it?
It was an assumption based on outcome.

There will be a moment of silence at the start of the London marathon to remember those killed and wounded in Boston. I also heard that Scotland Yard will boost its police presence by 40% - such a shame that there is even a need for heightened security at our sporting events.

Last edited: