• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Boston Marathon Explosions

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought the same.

All the news reports I read, said that the boy escaped after his brother was shot by the police, and that the householder with the boat found the boy, not the FBI or other agency staff.

I thought the locals would be celebrating the householders bravery and reprimanding the law enforcement agencies for letting him escape in the first place. :confused:
I thought the police were going door to door and inspecting homes all day friday, didn't they look in yards, outbuildings, and other places someone could hide? it is absolutely frightening to give clearance. to go outside your home and the guy is hiding in your yard

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought the police were going door to door and inspecting homes all day friday, didn't they look in yards, outbuildings, and other places someone could hide? it is absolutely frightening to give clearance. to go outside your home and the guy is hiding in your yard

One could not go to Watertown, Cambridge (work), Waltham, Belmont or Boston. If you were seen walking or driving, you were pulled over and dealt with. No one wanted to make law enforcement's job any harder, so most everyone complied.

From a Watertown resident & journalist: http://www.wickedlocal.com/watertow...watching-the-Watertown-lockdown#axzz2R10I7nFc

The police did go door to door, but it's a large area with heavily concentrated homes. He was on the move, hiding here and there. Also, the police had searched about 60-70 % of the homes/garages by the time the call came in from Franklin St. home. They were gaining on him. Knowing how Watertown is laid out, I am impressed at how far they got in searching. I am in Watertown 5 times a week.

Law enforcement did a fantastic job, not perfect, but they laid their lives on the line and got the job done. Not one civilian injured.

Everyone pulled together here in Boston and surrounding neighborhoods.

-

Last edited:

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought the same.

All the news reports I read, said that the boy escaped after his brother was shot by the police, and that the householder with the boat found the boy, not the FBI or other agency staff.

I thought the locals would be celebrating the householders bravery and reprimanding the law enforcement agencies for letting him escape in the first place. :confused:

No, it was the brave actions of law enforcement that put him on the run where he ended up in that back yard. The homeowner did what we were asked to do, be diligent and report anything out of the normal. He was good, a bit innocently fool hardy, but it ended well for him. He deserves thanks, but please do not detract from what brave law enforcement did here.

As locals, we know exactly who deserves the bulk of the credit. Those who ran towards bombs and bullets. They lost one of their own and one is still in critical conditon.

Everyone pulled together here in Boston and surrounding neighborhoods.
-

Last edited:

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are so proud of our law enforcement and our community for pursuing and catching the two men responsible for these heinous acts. Thank you to all of those men and women for putting their lives on the line to protect the lives of others.

We can all sleep a bit easier tonight.

Last edited:

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Whew what a week. I must commend the police, firefighters, volunteers at the race, the newscasters, all of whom kept us aware and on the lookout. I am very proud of Boston and the surrounding areas.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I thought the same.

I can see how that might be the conclusion reached by a disassociated person; in fact there are a number of questions being legitimately raised that will be studied with a fine-tooth comb in order to perfect the response techniques before the next situation.

But as Bostonians, we know that we need to be celebrating ALL the folks who helped to bring a level of sanity and safety back to our lives. That includes the guy who looked in his boat before the search perimeter was extended to his street as well as the thousands of law enforcement personnel. Believe me, there's enough gratitude to go around.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
We really need to bring you into the 21st century, or at the least, teach you how to text. ;)

Eileen is in Florida for the weekend for a friend's wedding. She just called and sounds better than I've heard her sound since Monday. Thank goodness. :)

It's my dyslexia. I don't text, don't tweet, still haven't figured out my Blackberry that I had to get after my, wait for it, flip-phone's battery was no longer made. Don't have an Ipod and miss my transistor radio. Still have my 35mm camera, but it's getting hard to find film. I did get my own new camera for my BD instead of borrowing Doug's.

Oh, please don't watch me drive standard, here or abroad, especially.

-

Last edited:
L

laurac260

Not to take away from the efforts of the police at all..

But let's follow this one thru...

His picture has been plastered thousands of times across every news outlet in the country.

We know he is probably IN Watertown, which is on complete lockdown, curfew, whatever you want to call it, no humans allowed outside except law enforcement.

He is covered in blood. This we know because he left a pool of blood IN the boat, where he was curled up, lifeless. (this from the guy who found him)

So, are we to believe that, knowing all of the above, he managed to wander from place to place without being seen, even though he was found just 3/8 a mile from where the original shoot out occurred (again, this from the guy who found him.)?

My money is, he was in that boat all along, and was missed.

It doesn't matter at this point, obviously he was too wounded to move. Had the curfew not been lifted and the owner not wandered out, he would probably have died in that spot.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I thought the same.

Hi Carol - Are you aware of how he escaped? He was in an SUV, and he ran over his brother and sped through a police line to escape. News reports said they shot over 200 rounds at the car, and we now know that he was wounded in that incident.

What exactly would you "reprimand" the police for?

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

I would agree and the reason he wasn't found sooner is because people were told not to go outside. So the only people really able to see or spot the suspect would have been law enforcement. Once you get the general population moving about, the chances of him being seen increase greatly.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
From local CBS:

WBZ NewsRadio reported that authorities used thermal imaging from a helicopter to confirm the suspect’s whereabouts. The street where Tsarnaev was arrested, fell just outside the 20 block perimeter established for a door-to-door search. Police said that home was not part of the original search.

If you've ever seen Watertown, you would know what dodging and weaving it took to get to Franklin St. unseen.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Hi Carol - Are you aware of how he escaped? He was in an SUV, and he ran over his brother and sped through a police line to escape. News reports said they shot over 200 rounds at the car, and we now know that he was wounded in that incident.

What exactly would you "reprimand" the police for?

So where exactly was the SUV left? Did they locate it? How far from where the SUV was recovered (if it was) to where he was located in the boat?

L

laurac260

From local CBS:

WBZ NewsRadio reported that authorities used thermal imaging from a helicopter to confirm the suspect’s whereabouts. The street where Tsarnaev was arrested, fell just outside the 20 block perimeter established for a door-to-door search. Police said that home was not part of the original search.

If you've ever seen Watertown, you would know what dodging and weaving it took to get to Franklin St. unseen.

Uh, no. CBS is completely incorrect.

The homeowner went outside, saw the tether on his boat cut, got his stepstool out and peered in the boat, saw the guy, saw the blood, and called 911.

I heard the entire interview.

Not that matters now, of course.

I was pointing all this out before because, this kid isn't Rambo, or ahnold.

He was, in the end, a badly injured young man curled up in a ball to die, inside a boat, in the shadows , under a tarp, 3/8 mile from where he was last seen

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Uh, no. CBS is completely incorrect.

The homeowner went outside, saw the tether on his boat cut, got his stepstool out and peered in the boat, saw the guy, saw the blood, and called 911.

I heard the entire interview.

Not that matters now, of course.

I was pointing all this out before because, this kid isn't Rambo, or ahnold.

He was, in the end, a badly injured young man curled up in a ball to die, inside a boat, in the shadows , under a tarp, 3/8 mile from where he was last seen

So, how is the CBS report incorrect ? The CBS report does not conflict with what you just wrote. They used thermal after the neighbor's report.
You know this, how ? [Fox] News ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
WBZ NewsRadio reported that authorities used thermal imaging from a helicopter to confirm the suspect’s whereabouts.

"Confirm" means to verify the homeowners report - not to find him originally.

I think the homeowner is really lucky he wasn't shot when he looked under the plastic cover - he should have called when he saw the blood, or that the cover had been cut open.

Last edited:

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Stepson of Man Who Found Suspect in Boat: 'He Didn't Try to be a Hero' - by Eun Kyung Kim / Today News/Today.com

David Henneberry just wanted some fresh air when he and his wife stepped outside their Watertown, Mass., home after an intense day of being locked down. Instead, he got a boatload of shock.

Henneberry noticed the tarp on his 20-foot boat flapping in the wind, an odd sight since the craft had been tightly wrapped up for the winter.

He took a closer look and noticed blood on the tarp and one of its tension straps intentionally cut, said his stepson, Bob Duffy. Then Henneberry made the discovery that broke open the manhunt for the Boston Marathon bombing suspect...

Richard

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Confirm" means to verify the homeowners report - not to find him originally.

I think the homeowner is really lucky he wasn't shot when he looked under the tarp - he should have called when he saw the blood.

Exactly .

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
But let's follow this one thru...

His picture has been plastered thousands of times across every news outlet in the country.

We know he is probably IN Watertown, which is on complete lockdown, curfew, whatever you want to call it, no humans allowed outside except law enforcement.

He is covered in blood. This we know because he left a pool of blood IN the boat, where he was curled up, lifeless. (this from the guy who found him)

So, are we to believe that, knowing all of the above, he managed to wander from place to place without being seen, even though he was found just 3/8 a mile from where the original shoot out occurred (again, this from the guy who found him.)?

It doesn't matter at this point, obviously he was too wounded to move. Had the curfew not been lifted and the owner not wandered out, he would probably have died in that spot.

I agree he was probably there for the whole day yesterday, probably made his way there under cover of darkness after he ran over his brother's body when fleeing the scene the night before.

But, he, "was missed?" I don't get why that would be the natural assumption. Does it mean to imply that the boat had been overlooked as a possibility during a search during the day? That the police could have had him if only they'd looked while they were searching that street? (Thus, that the police didn't search correctly?)

Because that to me simply sounds like an attempt to look for something, anything, which can be used to criticize the police. No other reason. I don't believe that the details that have been officially released lead to either that assumption or that criticism.

As others have said, during the press conference around 6/7 last night when they announced that the quasi-lockdown was being lifted, they made it clear that the focus remained on Watertown and that the search perimeter there would be continuously expanded, that folks in Watertown were free to leave their homes but should remain vigilant. It was shortly after that press conference when the guy checked his boat, on a street which hadn't been searched previously.

Are we at the point where we expect our law enforcement members to just KNOW things, to just be able to instantly solve major cases by some sort of whacked osmosis? Geeeze, cut them a break. At least give them time to explain their actions in detail before crucifying them. :(

L

laurac260

So, how is the CBS report incorrect ? The CBS report does not conflict with what you just wrote. They used thermal after the neighbor's report.
You know this, how ? [Fox] News ?
Not sure why you are getting defensive

Did you hear the interview of the son in law of the homeowner?

I did. As soon as he saw what he saw, he called 911. Within minutes the swat team converged on his house.

They believe the guy was in the area. An eye witness says there is blood on the side of his boat, and a bloody body inside..swat was already mobilized and in the area. Homeowner said the house is 3/8 of a mile from original shoot out ...

But they needed to call in a helicopter with infrared sensors??? :shrug:

But don't take my word for it. Google the interview.

I'd much sooner trust this guy than anything coming out of CBS (unless its the weather , perhaps )

L

laurac260

I agree he was probably there for the whole day yesterday, probably made his way there under cover of darkness after he ran over his brother's body when fleeing the scene the night before.

But, he, "was missed?" I don't get why that would be the natural assumption. Does it mean to imply that the boat had been overlooked as a possibility during a search during the day? That the police could have had him if only they'd looked while they were searching that street? (Thus, that the police didn't search correctly?)

Because that to me simply sounds like an attempt to look for something, anything, which can be used to criticize the police. No other reason. I don't believe that the details that have been officially released lead to either that assumption or that criticism.

As others have said, during the press conference around 6/7 last night when they announced that the quasi-lockdown was being lifted, they made it clear that the focus remained on Watertown and that the search perimeter there would be continuously expanded, that folks in Watertown were free to leave their homes but should remain vigilant. It was shortly after that press conference when the guy checked his boat, on a street which hadn't been searched previously.

Are we at the point where we expect our law enforcement members to just KNOW things, to just be able to instantly solve major cases by some sort of whacked osmosis? Geeeze, cut them a break. At least give them time to explain their actions in detail before crucifying them. :(

I did not criticize the police. Not once. Please don't put words in my mouth.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure why you are getting defensive

Did you hear the interview of the son in law of the homeowner?

I did. As soon as he saw what he saw, he called 911. Within minutes the swat team converged on his house.

They believe the guy was in the area. An eye witness says there is blood on the side of his boat, and a bloody body inside..swat was already mobilized and in the area. Homeowner said the house is 3/8 of a mile from original shoot out ...

But they needed to call in a helicopter with infrared sensors??? :shrug:

But don't take my word for it. Google the interview.

I'd much sooner trust this guy than anything coming out of CBS (unless its the weather , perhaps )

I heard all the interviews, read them, woke up and went to sleep to them.

You forget, I live here, right near Watertown where I shop (Russo's) and travel to work through. I know the area and how its laid out. Taken all the shortcuts through there.

Not getting defensive, not sure where that came from. Read whatever you'd like into my posts, but your info seems to be coming directly from [Fox] News.

Of course they needed thermal imaging......... to prevent another officer's death.