• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Booking weeks 50, 51 and 52 for 2012

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called Marriott Owner Services this morning to book my OC weeks 50, 51 and 52. I got through at 8:59 and 18 seconds-according to my cell phone. After listening for 23 seconds to an ad for DP I pressed 4 for an owners services rep. I then listened to 2 minutes and 12 seconds of DP ads until I was connected. At that time I told the rep that I wanted to book three consecutive weeks starting Dec. 10, 2012. She kept asking me about all of the check in dates and why did I want the Monday check in. I just wanted her to book it. Well, she told me that there was no availability. I questioned it and she told me that there was no availability for Dec 7th or 8th either. When I told her that they were gold weeks and the 9th and 10th were platinum she did not know what I meant. I asked to speak to a supervisor as inevitably they always have inexperienced representatives on during this call in period. I then waited 18 minutes for a supervisor. It was only 9:20:15 when he came on the line. I told him what I wanted and he immediately said that there was availability and that he would book it. I complained about the previous rep and of course he defended her by saying other reps must have been holding the weeks. The bottom line was that I got what I wanted but once again it was a hassle. I thanked the supervisor and went on my merry way.:hi:

ChrisMac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Weird

I am a Marriott owner. We bought in Thailand when we were living in China and now that we are back in the US we exchange ours every year and have had no problems. I even managed to exchange my platinum week for Christmas in Ko Olina this year. I requested in September and got confirmation within a week. So far we have had really great service and always gotten the location and week we wanted.

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a Marriott owner. We bought in Thailand when we were living in China and now that we are back in the US we exchange ours every year and have had no problems. I even managed to exchange my platinum week for Christmas in Ko Olina this year. I requested in September and got confirmation within a week. So far we have had really great service and always gotten the location and week we wanted.

This was not an exchange. I was booking my own weeks through Marriott. My experience is typical of the last 11 years that I have been booking these weeks.

jpc763

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's - Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge Villages & Imperial Palms Villas
This was not an exchange. I was booking my own weeks through Marriott. My experience is typical of the last 11 years that I have been booking these weeks.
Your experience is similar to what my brother complains about. I personally do all of my bookings on the computer. No commercials and within 5 minutes, I have my week. Of course, I am not trying for consecutive weeks.

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've heard that booking OceanWatch is even worse. I'm sure I read a post recently where owners have to book their summer week for next year while they are at the resort on vacation, exactly at the 12 month mark -- and even then, they had better be on the phone soon as Marriott opens.

For what it is worth, I thought I read another post recently where owners were saying it is actually not as hard to book at your home resort now because of the DC. With owners converting their week to points, Marriott picks the week it wants not the owner and that has cut down on the competition for the super prime weeks.