• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Belaire Golf Resort & Spa

Status
Not open for further replies.

karenedith

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been a member of TUG for many years, have never had a reason to post on the forums prior to this issue and purchased at The Belaire in December 2006. I have been emailed by a few other owners, asking about our visit to PV last week.
On our last day there, we met with Carlos (Sales Manager) and their engineer. They answered the bulk of our questions, i.e. why is the construction not commencing - "they are on their 3rd drilling process which tells them how far down they need to go to hit solid earth and they have finally hit it at 50 metres which means they can now proceed" The engineer showed us his binder with engineered drawings, timelines, etc. (from Idom) First tower should be ready for occupancy March, 2009. Our second most important question was the "Registry Collection" enrollment. They gave us a copy of a letter from RC "proudly announcing" that the Belaire is "the new affiliation of Belaire Golf Resort & Spa to its exclusive portfolio of affiliated resorts."
Letter is signed by Miguel A. Loya, Business Development Manager, The Registry Collection Mexico north Pacific.
We have not called RC to verify this letter.
Because there is no product to bank into RC, they have purchased 400 weeks so that we can begin to trade in Jan/08. I questioned the feasibility of only 400 weeks with 550 members and was told that they would be "topping up" the 400 weeks everytime one is used; therefore, always having an inventory of 400 weeks. Again, we have not verified this with RC.
While we were in PV, they held a grand opening for their restaurant "Bagotti". Money was spent on lots of entertainment, wine & champagne and a little was spent on food. The restaurant is now open - we viewed the kitchen and met the chefs. One other owner told me that the pictures of that night were in the local newspaper. Antonio's father was at the opening, along with many Mexicans., and a small handful of owners.
At one point during our week in PV we were totally negative on the whole project but after meeting with Carlos Gadea and the engineer, we felt 80% okay with it all. The 20% doubt is because of lack of product.
Timeshare sales in PV are so cut throat that we had a difficult time separating lies from truths. Because my husband and I are honest (and have to be in our professions), we like to assume honesty from others. The salespeople at the Belaire are a combination of not knowing the details and of telling you just what you want to hear. This holds true for the folks at the Grand Mayan. We were staying there for the week and were approached by their sales manager, telling us that he could help us out of our bad investment. After a short minute of feeling that he had a genuine interest in us, we soon discovered that his goal was to sell us a $200,000 fractional ownership. For some reason(s) the Mayan resorts and the Belaire are at each other's throats.
We're anxious to see how the project looks in about 2 months.

judy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
thank you for this information as we bought at the Belaire last feb. I think the reason why they are at odds with the Grand Mayan is because several owners (including us) traded in the Grand Myan for the Belaire and they are getting more and more all the time. Judy23

Last edited:

judy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
we are also going to PV next week for 5 weeks. One of our weeks is at the Grand Mayan. The other weeks we are at Flaming'os and Paradise Village which we are owners. We will definetly visit the Belaire and post an update. Judy23

Last edited:

R & B

Reaction score
belaire

We bought an exit package at the Belaire for $3000 last January. That entitled us to buy a 1 bedroom in 18 months at the same price they were charging in 2007. The 6 weeks we were supposed to use were for facilities that were through II. We were a little worried when we arrived home so we called II and asked them about these places and the belaire and they said that they never heard of them and of some of these places. We called Visa and told them what had happened and they got our $3000 back. We were also told that the 1st 400 people that bought didn't have to pay any maintenance fee for the duration of their contract. That's the 1st thing that made bells go off in my head. So I'm not sure whats going on now - either I did well getting out now or I can kick myself in 20 years if all they were saying is true. Good luck to you though. :)
also a couple of my friends bought there and were told totally different prices and information that i was told and they were able to get out through Profecta.

Reaction score
Belaire

I fell for Belaire too. Thank God that we only purchased 10 years instead of 100. I am so tired of hearing Dorato's broken promises every month. It is January 2008 and they still don't have an exhange company. All I can do is pray that this isn't a scam.

steve_esko

Reaction score
Belaire

I did call RC today, the Indianapolis office as they had a toll free as I was not able to get through to the Mexican office. They were able to tell me that they were still in negotiation with Belaire but a deal had not been finalized yet.
I also went to the American Resort Development Association (ARDA) website and Belaire Golf Resort & Spa is a registered member – if that means anything.
If & when they finalize the deal with RC that still leaves you with nothing to trade through them until Belaire is ready to accept customers. I am wondering what happens to the 2008 weeks we were promised that we could use as of Jan. 2008 considering the may not be done with construction until 2009. The last email we received from Carlos Gadea he stated it should be ready by Sept. 2008. Each reply from him the date has been set back.

mplswjr

TUG Member
Reaction score
We rescinded

We purchased the Belaire offering last January (07), and with the help of PROFECO, we successfully rescinded after three days of careful review of the documents. The rescission was very arduous, requiring a very clear mindset despite the derisive and somewhat threatening reaction of the sales staff.

Later, we spoke with an acquaintance who has a street location offering timeshare presentations downtown. His comment was that the Belaire offering "is too good to be true". IMHO he is absolutely correct. We're going back to PV soon, and are looking forward to getting another "street update".

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Again a Bellaire string sems to be again loaded with newbie posters and one posteer who sent us a PM shorty after a moderator stopped another Bellaire string on December 19, 2007.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52034

I again find this fact interesting if lighting has seemingly struck twince in the same manner on this string ?

I would have to agree with the last poster based our experiances and other long time Tuggers posting on that string.

Several times very similar things were said on that other string quote "that the Belaire offering "is too good to be true". IMHO he is absolutely correct. " Unquote.

Please note that that string I pointed out if the Bellaire Club was sisloved that the members were to recive all the Clubs assets EXCEPT for the LAND And BUILDINGS. So the professed claims of security for the members is negated by that clause that the supporters do not even attemp to dispute.

Interesting that one of the posters mentions a supposed Mayan Palace fued in light of that Marcos of the Bellaire admitted to being one of the sales trainers at the Mayan Palace group.

Could it be that some of these newbie posters like some of those newbie posters in that first Bellaire string have a IP address coming from the Puerto Vallatra area like one of the Tug moderators found that they did in that first string? I would not bet against that the same thing might be happening again.

Bruce

Last edited:

jcmoor

Reaction score
We just recently purchased a package with Belaire Resorts this past Jan. 3, '08. Construction was in progress and we were informed that a Sept. '09 date for completion was projected. If this is not a legitimate deal, the people we spoke with and the help they provided us was certainly dramatized to the enth degree. We have yet to hear from them and yes, phone numbers have been unsuccessful. We too certainly want to believe that this Emerald Suite package we purchased will become our vacation dream spot for many years to come.

KarenLK

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in PV and met a friend at the pool here who visited <belaire this week and there is still no building going on, except for a restaurant, yet they claim they will finish the 200 or so units in one year!!

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Below I am quoting myself from a post I made on November 15, 2007 on another Bellaire string posted on Tug.

Quote " We rescinded on a Bellaire Club trial package (and not a Full Club ownership) for 10 weeks mainly for the following reason the third day after signing and after having paid in full for slightly under $6,000 for 10 weeks usage at the Belaire or to the supposedly other high end resorts in that registry.

The formal name on our contract was “Contract of Purchase-Presale of a Membership entered by World Resorts Marketing Enterprises S.de R.L. de C.V. on Behalf of Belaire Golf & Spa and:

Later we noticed in reading over our paperwork this item
Quote “Article 5.2 “Quote Upon the dissolution of the Club, its assets, which DO NOT INCLUDE THE REAL PROPERTY, LAND OR BUILDINGS of the resort will be distributed to the members of the Club

Excuse me but IMHO the buildings and land IMHO would be about 95% of the assets inherit value and the contents etc as a worsr case situation might require a special assessment to get rid of them." Unquote

I am no legal eagle but Articale 5.2 IMO SHOUTS AT ME that Club members can exspect NO Monatary return from "THE REAL PROPERTY, LAND OR BUILDINGS of the resort" if the "Club" is dissloved as Articale 5.2 plainly states.

So even if the resort is bulit the Club Members according to Articale 5.2 will not get any money if the club is dissloved from any sale of "THE REAL PROPERTY, LAND OR BUILDINGS of the resort ".

That clause makes it IMHO a very one sided contract that seemingly does not do the Club members any favors or seemingly offers real property rights protection.

Bruce :D

Last edited:

mplswjr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Street Report

We're back in PV, and have obtained an updated "street report" on Belaire.
Still no real construction, only dirt being pushed back and forth.

Glad we got out....hope no one loses their money.

mplswjr

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay give me some specifics where the supposed Belair is supposed to be, and how I find an OPC Streetsalesperson to take us on a presentation. We are scheduled to be in Marina at Casa Velas for one week then Club Velas the next week. ( Feb 24-March 9, 2008) We will go to the presentaion, check it out and give you all an update of what they are telling buyers now and if any progress has been made etc. Then maybe you will have to pursue Profeco in Mexico for help in dealing with this issue.

mplswjr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Belaire is located at the far north end of the Marina area, not far from where the city Marina buses make the turn around to travel south along the row of resorts. It is on the ocean side, but does not have ocean front property.

mplswjr

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I remember that the Bellarie had said they had leased some Ocean Front property but we did not see any type information or documemtation in any of the paperwork about that lease.

Bruce :D

Belaire is located at the far north end of the Marina area, not far from where the city Marina buses make the turn around to travel south along the row of resorts. It is on the ocean side, but does not have ocean front property.

mplswjr

Last edited:

pammex

TUG Member
Reaction score
ok we are driving so we will have a car to find it, and I'll try to find a timeshare salesperson to take us on presentation and see what they have to say to prospective biuyers now etc. Also will let you know and hopefully take pics of any progress.

mplswjr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another update

We drove past Belaire this morning. The model unit and restaurant appear to be finished with a shallow hole dug nearby which looks like the potential location for further development. There were a few pieces of construction machinery in and around the hole, but no workers and no sign of recent activity.

I'm still extremely skeptical about the reality for the future of Belaire, but I was wrong once.

mplswjr

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
If there is one main building were they have the two bedroom model on the second floor and the first floor is were we had breastfast and attended the presentation in another first floor area.

If we are talking about the same building that building was in place last September.

It sounds like the same equitment that was there last September and there was a little dirt moved in a few piles.

But they did have somegolf carts. We were told that every owner was supposed to have there own private golf cart for the week.

Even if they only built 100 units that would be a lot of golf cart problems in a small area.

Bruce

We drove past Belaire this morning. The model unit and restaurant appear to be finished with a shallow hole dug nearby which looks like the potential location for further development. There were a few pieces of construction machinery in and around the hole, but no workers and no sign of recent activity.

I'm still extremely skeptical about the reality for the future of Belaire, but I was wrong once.

mplswjr

Reaction score
I'm just venting here. This is ridiculous. The Mexican government should regulate their timeshare business. They should not allow companies to take people's money.

I'm a "newbie" to this group, hello Bruce. I found this website while investigating Belaire. I browse the internet to see if there are any scams reported. There's a newpaper article from Jan. 07 discussing Belaire's ribbon cutting ceremony with the mayor or some official, which made me feel better about this. But, since they keep changing the date and I did not receive exchange documents, I am very concerned again.

Did anyone ask them about doing an exchange this year?

steve_esko

Reaction score
Belaire

Initially we were told by Carlos Gadea to contact The Registry Collection for exchange information which I did. I was informed that Belaire was in negotiation with them but nothing had been finalized yet. Later he told me I could request my reservation through member services on Belaire’s website. We have attempted this a number of times but have yet to receive any conformation back or even an indication that they received our request. Numerous phone calls to Carlos with promises of a return call have been futile as we never received any calls back. Email’s sent to him sometimes are replied to with vague assures. It appears that they will not be close to any projected completion date and are trying to pacify us as best they can. I can understand that delays can happen but they need to be upfront and honest with those who have purchased from them and any other prospective buyers.

bltfam

Reaction score
We also will be in PV in March we will be there 13-20. I will also check out the "resort" and let you all know what i find out. We will be staying at the Velas Vallarta. From the directions explained its close by to where we are staying. I am coping the info down now and putting it with my passports. Do you think we can get a petition started stating we want the goverment to get involved and to give us answers Tourism is there way of life If there is enough of an uproar maybe someone will step in and do something.
Anyone else in PV that week?

sugarbear

Reaction score
belaire

we are also going to PV next week for 5 weeks. One of our weeks is at the Grand Mayan. The other weeks we are at Flaming'os and Paradise Village which we are owners. We will definetly visit the Belaire and post an update. Judy23
What happened when you visited the Belaire? Any construction?

Loggie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was at the Belaire a couple of days ago. What I understand is that the entire building with the restaurant in it will be torn down for the two towers to go in. There is NO construction going on and the only thing that they are doing is supposedly digging a hole for a retaining wall.

They have sold I believe 568 memberships at least that is what the sign says. We were offered 2 weeks with an accellerated 2 weeks for $44,000. Our friends went and they were offered 2 weeks for $10,000. We were offered no maintenance for life and we would have to pay $60 per person per day all inclusive. We were told that golf was 1/2 price, also that everyone would have a golf cart. I do not understand where they were going to put 102 golf carts.

We were told that completion would be in April 2009. Our friends were told that it would be done in eighteen months.

Personally, I DO NOT know why ANYONE would buy there ... you are located right next door to the airport.

For those taking the presentation they are paying $400.00 Taxi there and taxi back

Virtualogic

Reaction score
Belaire Sales Pitch

I need some input here - the following is the pitch (seems way to good to be true) -

. . . residence clubs are the fastest growing segment of the vacation marketplace. All of the big companies (Marriott, Ritz-Carlton, Hilton, etc) are trying to get into this market because the baby boomers are buying them up as fast as they can be built. These are deeded properties not just a membership lease like a timeshare property.

I am selling to two types of people, those that actually want to buy into the vacation club and those who want to invest and turn their units over once the building is complete. This second category is for a very limited time now as we are breaking ground and trying to bringing in pre-construction capital. We will buy the investment unit back from you, you will not have to go find someone to buy it from you. This is essentially a great way for us to get enough money to complete the building without having to get a loan which are at much higher rates in Mexico. We have a $375M bond guaranteeing the completion of construction.

Essentially the way the pre-construction deal works is that we are selling units now at half price since this is pre-construction and people can’t actually use the units until they are complete. When it is done we will essentially be doubling the price so the way the contract is written we (the builder) will buy the unit back from you upon completion at 75% of the then going rate. Since the then going rate will be double today’s price, 75% of that would give you a 150% return. However, the smallest unit is one week in an Executive Suite which is $100K . . .

Construction is expected to take about 18 months and we will buy the units back at 24 months. I cannot find any return anywhere that will give you that kind of payback.

Thoughts???

pammex

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can contact Profeco in Mexico to maybe help you with this issue. They have been known in past to help people with comsumer complaints in Mexico, but it is a timely and probably frustrating experience.

Due in PV in 9 days so I'll see what i sup at Belair and what they are saying now and then let you all know.

Status
Not open for further replies.