• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bad experience with eBay seller GC Getaways & Transfer Outlet, LLC

ski_sierra

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Too many
I purchased a Worldmark account on eBay from GC Getaways and Transfers in December.
The purchase agreement was signed in early January.

The people involved in the transfer were:
In late February, I heard from Sheila @ First Reliable transfers that she would be doing the closing. A closing company is unnecessary with Worldmark but anyway I went along. Enough information to submit the transfer request was provided in January but the transfer request was not filed. Supposedly they wanted the closing company to file the request. The closing company claims transfer request has been filed. When I called Wyndham to verify, Wyndham says they have not received any request. I asked Jalyn and Sheila involved to provide documentation that request has been filed, but I have not received any information.

Overall, I feel like this outfit doesn't know what they are doing and have messed up this simple transfer of Worldmark membership. I see that a few people had successful transactions with them so I decided to purchase with them. One recent thread shows problems with the purchase.

I have disputed the charge with Amex and I'm not expecting to get the great deal that I thought I was getting.

PS: A couple of people have reached out to me privately about unsatisfactory or unprofessional experience with GCGTO. It seems like sometimes they deliver with a lot of delays and they are not a reliable/professional outfit to deal with.

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I've had bad experiences with them as well. I purchased a Buganvilias EOYO RTU contract from them on August 22, 2019 and it still hasn't been transferred. It included reimbursement for the 2019 week, which I didn't get due to the inability of GC Getaways to deliver on a simple contract transfer, although they did agree to reimburse that payment. My last communication from them was from Doug Menjivar, who is apparently a supervisor/manager there, stating that they would return the funds back on March 28, 2020; this was after several underlying saying they couldn't disburse the funds until the sale actually closed and refusing to even allow me to use the funds for a different TS.

They at least used LT Transfers, who has a decent reputation here on TUG, but nobody in either group seemed to take responsibility for delivering on what they contracted to sell. Right now I'm in limbo while the seller is under a stay-at-home order and can't get the transfer paperwork notarized - GC Getaways continues to hold the excess 2019 MF payment for absolutely no good reason,

Bottom line is that I would stay away from these guys as resellers. They don't seem capable of delivering.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had bad experiences with them as well. I purchased a Buganvilias EOYO RTU contract from them on August 22, 2019 and it still hasn't been transferred. It included reimbursement for the 2019 week, which I didn't get due to the inability of GC Getaways to deliver on a simple contract transfer, although they did agree to reimburse that payment. My last communication from them was from Doug Menjivar, who is apparently a supervisor/manager there, stating that they would return the funds back on March 28, 2020; this was after several underlying saying they couldn't disburse the funds until the sale actually closed and refusing to even allow me to use the funds for a different TS.

They at least used LT Transfers, who has a decent reputation here on TUG, but nobody in either group seemed to take responsibility for delivering on what they contracted to sell. Right now I'm in limbo while the seller is under a stay-at-home order and can't get the transfer paperwork notarized - GC Getaways continues to hold the excess 2019 MF payment for absolutely no good reason,

Bottom line is that I would stay away from these guys as resellers. They don't seem capable of delivering.

A transaction from August of 2019 should have been 100% completed long before the national shutdown on or about March 15, 2020 so I understand why you aren't happy with GC Getaways.....

Hopefully you will get your money back but don't hold your breath.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
A transaction from August of 2019 should have been 100% completed long before the national shutdown on or about March 15, 2020 so I understand why you aren't happy with GC Getaways.....

Hopefully you will get your money back but don't hold your breath.

I'm not. This transaction has been a complete comedy of errors; the initial "customer service" representative for GC Getaways left the company for some reason and they dropped to ball completely. Than they finally reengaged when I started pestering them, finally getting things over to LT Transfers, who sent out the paperwork to do the transfer, but never followed up with the seller until I again started pestering folks. All in all, not the signs of a well run company. They may mean well, though I see no indication of that based on keeping the MF payment for no reason, but don't seem to have a decent tracking system or any sort of follow through.

ski_sierra

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Too many
They also have some kind of guarantee on their listing. In my case, I don't think they will be able to deliver on their guarantee if covid-19 delays were not involved. Since covid-19 delays are involved, I think there is a very remote chance that they can deliver.

We GUARANTEE that we will deliver you a clear and marketable title (or membership when applicable) to the property purchased in this auction within 180 days. In addition, if there is an encumbrance on the title, you may return the real property and receive a full (100%) refund.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
The same company is Legacy Adventures and eBay handle timesharediscounts. They don't know what they are doing. I had bought from them and in the end got what was advertised. But it unnecessarily took many months and a lot of unprofessionalism. After many delays they transferred the file to LT Transfers who quickly closed the transaction.

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
I successfully bought a timeshare on Ebay from Doug Menjivar at Legacy Adventures, but there were some corrections along the way. I actually had some issues with 2 other different Ebay purchases I made as well.
Doug, like many Ebay sellers, seems to work on volume. This means the listings and estoppels are sometimes not entirely correct. I had to double check the actual deed, unit size, maintenance fee, etc. I actually ended up with a better unit than I actually bid on.
It also required a lot of email follow up by me to keep the transaction moving along.

So, overall, he is legit, but disorganized.

ski_sierra

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Too many
It sounds like sometimes they deliver but there will be a long delay even under normal circumstances. In current circumstances, who knows how long it will take.

My experiences with other brokers/sellers have been very positive so this experience is in stark contract with the other professional sellers/brokers I have dealt with.

Rich S

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert, Marriott Grand Chateau, Grand Solmar at Land's End
I dealt with them as well. It was over a year ago, here is my post from that experience:

I purchased an EOY Marriott contract from them off eBay. I was very excited and in no rush since it was an even year contract and this year was going to be banked. The initial communications went smoothly from the negotiations of the price, to receiving the contract, and initial payment.

That's when the problems began. I was told I would be contacted by the closing company within 2 weeks. Two weeks later I still had not heard from them and I contacted them. I was told they were waiting for paperwork from the seller and I would be contacted the next week. Two more weeks passed and I again contacted them and was told they still had not received what they needed from the seller.

We had a disagreement regarding the ROFR time frame requirements for Marriott on this particular property which raised some red flags for me. My research indicated a 15 day response and they were telling me Marriott had 30 days. When I asked if it was business or calendar days, I did not receive a response.

Another week had passed and no communication. I realized that during this waiting, a ROFR request had not even been sent to Marriott. Another attempt was made without a response, so I cancelled the deal through my credit card company and have not heard back from them.

I am not saying that all dealings with this company is bad, just my experience left me a little leery.

romeobink

Reaction score
It's good that ebay closed the case in your favor, but I can't believe they aren't doing anything about the negative feedback. Have d you tried calling back a couple times and talkindg to different reps?

snaptube vidmate

Last edited:

Rich S

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert, Marriott Grand Chateau, Grand Solmar at Land's End
It's good that ebay closed the case in your favor, but I can't believe they aren't doing anything about the negative feedback. Have d you tried calling back a couple times and talkindg to different reps?

snaptube vidmate
In my case I always called and followed up with emails. I wouldn't get through to a person when I called and had to leave voicemail and they went unreturned . eBay didn't close the case, I went through my credit card company because I had better protection. The timeshare was originally listed on eBay but as I remember, I contacted them and they accepted a buy it now deal.