• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bad argument with PB Sunset Beach manager, Zitlalli

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Today, they moved me to a different room.
At check-in, they didn't have two bedroom which I reserved, so they offered 1 bedroom with hot tub in the balcony which I declined, and then they offered 2 bedroom with a hot tub in balcony (super presidential) which was the only available 2 bedroom, but they said I had to move to another room on Monday (today). But they offered oceanfront building (building 2) to make me feel better and I accepted it.
Today, I went to front desk to get new keys. I found out they assigned me to building 17. It was ok for me, but I complained that they offered building 2 at check-in and now changed the room today again.
A manager named Zitlalli came out and told me that I need to pay $50 for each night I stayed at super presidential because it was an upgrade.
I was shocked. No one told me that I would pay $50 per night and most of all, they didn't have regular 2 bedroom to check-in that night, that's why they offered super presidential for 2 nights.
I told Zitlalli "If you charge me, I will sue you" and she was laughing which was really rude.
I don't know if it's a normal mood at front desk, but it was really disgusting.
No one said "sorry that we changed room assignment again today" or "sorry that you changed room during your stay". Zitlalli said "everyone makes mistake, we are human". I had to say "wow, it's amazing" several times for their way of talking and looking at me with angry face.
It's first time in Cabo for me and if it's the common personality of the resorts front desk in this area, I will never come back.
It ruined my mood and excitement of planned tours (whale watching tomorrow, sunset cruise on Wed).
Thank you for reading this, I just wanted to vent my feeling.
I want to complain today's experience and manager (Zitlalli), where should I report her?

Last edited:

rrlongwell

Reaction score
At check-in, they didn't have two bedroom which I reserved, so they offered 1 bedroom with hot tub in the balcony which I declined, and then they offered 2 bedroom with a hot tub in balcony (super presidential) which was the only available 2 bedroom, but they said I had to move to another room on Monday (today). But they offered oceanfront building to make feel me better and I accepted it.
Today, I went to front desk to get new keys. I found out they assigned me to building 17. It was ok for me, but I complained that they offered building 2 at check-in and now changed the room.
A manager name Zitlalli came out and told me that I need to pay $50 for each night I stayed at super presidential because it was an upgrade.
I was shocked. No one told me that I would pay $50 per night and most of all, they didn't have regular 2 bedroom to check-in that night, that's why they offered super presidential for 2 nights.
I told Zitlalli "If you charge me, I will sue you" and she was laughing which was really rude.
No one said "sorry that we changed room assignment again today" or "sorry that you changed room during your stay". Zitlalli said "everyone makes mistake, we are human". I had to say "wow, it's amazing" several times for their way of talking and looking at me with angry face.
It's first time in Cabo for me and if it's the common personality of the resorts front desk in this area, I will never come back.
It ruined my mood and excitement of planned tours (whale watching tomorrow, sunset cruise on Wed).
I want to complain today's experience and manager (Zitlalli), where should I report her?

What is the Systems name? i.e. Wyndham etc. points based or weeks? This would not be the first time that a reservation was not honored and replacement facilities for a fee were.

resort or the Systems name? i.e. Wyndham etc.

Last edited:

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach.
It was an owner reservation, not a RCI exchange, and they said they were overbooked(?) and didn't have regular 2 bedroom for a whole week.
Is it normal during spring break (March)?

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very surprised to read this, I have the General Manager of the resort contact information, who is not the person you named, if you would like his contact information shoot me a msg, I'm sure he can be of assistance. He was very accomodating on our trip during March '11. I suggest you get ahold of him.

Last edited:

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Definitely escalate. I have always had pleasant interactions with the staff at PBSB, so I'm surprised to hear this. :(

Keep us posted please.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free

What is the Systems name? i.e. Wyndham etc. points based or weeks? This would not be the first time that a reservation was not honored and replacement facilities for a fee were.

Since you say Zitialli is the manager at Sunset Beach, I don't know who you'd talk to that would be above her. But you could post your experience on the Pueblo Bonito Facebook page if you do Facebook. You could post a review on Tripadvisor and maybe get the attention of someone at Pueblo Bonito that way.

rrlongwell, Pueblo Bonito is not part of any system--they are a group of resorts under the Pueblo Bonito name with resorts in Cabo and Mazatlan.

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had great experience with other staffs in PBSB, went to concierge to reserve whale watching and sunset cruise and Hector was really nice and did great job.
Waiters are nice too.
I have issues only with front desk people. Don't like their attitude - cut while I was talking, didn't want to listen to me at all.

Last edited:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
It was an owner reservation, not a RCI exchange, and they said they were overbooked(?) and didn't have regular 2 bedroom for a whole week.
Is it normal during spring break (March)?
This is even more distressing that it is an owner's week. Are you renting from the owner? Have you contacted the owner? I'm not surprised that they have a lot of people there for spring break. It's a popular time of year to be in Cabo.

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had great experience with other staffs in PBSB, went to concierge to reserve whale watching and sunset cruise and Hector was really nice and did great job.
Waiters are nice too.
I have issues only with front desk people. Don't like their attitude - cut while I was talking, didn't want to listen to me at all.

Im booked during Thanksgiving (Im an owner) so this has me concerned if they are indeed overbooked and I see a similar situation occur. Thus my interest in your outcome. Good luck! :-/

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is even more distressing that it is an owner's week. Are you renting from the owner? Have you contacted the owner? I'm not surprised that they have a lot of people there for spring break. It's a popular time of year to be in Cabo.

I got this week from a private (owner to owner) exchange.
We planned to do another exchange next year (getting spring break week at PBSB again). This experience is really distressing me, but it cannot ruin my vacation.
I contacted head manager and got a phone call an hour ago.
He tried to move me to a better unit but I declined. I already moved in here and didn't want to move again. But would like to hear what was really happening today.
I didn't post the details, but I saw another family got keys for unit 222 while I was arguing with front desk which was the one I was offered at check-in two days ago. Zitlalli said I couldn't move to unit 222 because the owner who were staying there extended stay in the same unit which turned out to be a lie. I saw the family who got room 222 today were moving from building 13 to that unit (saw the current unit and the newly moving unit on the first page of key folder).
Also, front desk called me this morning at 9am to confirm that I was moving to room 222 so leave all the bags and groceries in the room.
If anyone extend their stay, how come they didn't confirm it until 9am on check-out day (today)? When I stopped by at front desk to change money at 10:30am today, I asked what time the room would be ready for 222 and he said it was being cleaned and would be ready by 2pm.

I will post update here, thank you for your concerns and input.

Last edited:

Cyndi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lindo Mar, Pueblo Bonito Sunset, WorldMark
I have had problems with her as well. I avoid her when I can. She tried to mess up a room change I had arranged but I was able to press the issue. She is very rude. I am not sure how she keeps her job there. The others are very nice and accommodating.

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had problems with her as well. I avoid her when I can. She tried to mess up a room change I had arranged but I was able to press the issue. She is very rude. I am not sure how she keeps her job there. The others are very nice and accommodating.
Rotten apple spoils the barrell. Hope it doesnt for Helen's trip, really is a nice place with great staff.

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Manager

Zitlalli , does anyone know whether she in fact is a manager. I have been going to Sunset Beach and have never had any problems with the front desk staff.

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
At check-in, they didn't have two bedroom which I reserved, so they offered 1 bedroom with hot tub in the balcony which I declined, and then they offered 2 bedroom with a hot tub in balcony (super presidential) which was the only available 2 bedroom, but they said I had to move to another room on Monday (today). But they offered oceanfront building (building 2) to make me feel better and I accepted it.
Today, I went to front desk to get new keys. I found out they assigned me to building 17. It was ok for me, but I complained that they offered building 2 at check-in and now changed the room today again.
A manager named Zitlalli came out and told me that I need to pay $50 for each night I stayed at super presidential because it was an upgrade.

Here are my two cents:

(1) Do not mention "sue you" unless you mean it. Everybody knows that you are not going to spend the time and expense to sue for $100, plus you had nothing in writing, etc. By mentioning "lawsuit", you generated wrath of the front desk manager (still no fault of yours). I would mention "bad reviews and social media" and hold the "law-suit" since I do not have the time or energy to sue anybody who messes with me.
(2) I would have accepted the 2 bedroom presidential upgrade, let them charge $50 per night extra, and then take up with the senior management, credit card company, through tripadvisor reviews etc to see if you can get your money back. Basically, do everything to prevent your day or vacation from getting ruined. This Zitlalli had nothing to loose, she is probably politically connected and nobody can fire her even after her attitude.

izzykool

Reaction score
Here are my two cents:

I would have accepted the 2 bedroom presidential upgrade, let them charge $50 per night extra, and then take up with the senior management, credit card company, through tripadvisor reviews etc to see if you can get your money back. Basically, do everything to prevent your day or vacation from getting ruined. This Zitlalli had nothing to loose, she is probably politically connected and nobody can fire her even after her attitude.

I think this is good advice for any traveler. Sometimes when our expectations are net met, it can put a damper on the entire vacation. I agree that it would have been better to take the upgrade room and then work backwards to get the $50 charges removed. I'll have to remember this strategy in the future.