• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Available on Ebay

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Out of boredom, I was looking to see what EBay had to offer. Saw a 3bdrm Grande Vista. We already own Harbor Lake, plus I’m on lock downlol

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
Out of boredom, I was looking to see what EBay had to offer. Saw a 3bdrm Grande Vista. We already own Harbor Lake, plus I’m on lock downlol
What's your estimate at the selling price?

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
That particular seller is very suspect. All of their positive feedback is for selling playing cards not timeshares- and they seem to frequently have a lot of listing for the same high value timeshares.

Ive personally reported them to eBay multiple times but they seem to keep getting away with ripping people off.

https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/beware-of-national-resort-title.310039/#post-2536533

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Yeah, this is one auction I would avoid, regardless of how cheap it was.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah they have 4 auctions currently and as soon as these end they will pop right back up with more Grande Vista, Grand Chateau, Hawaii, Aruba, etc. They just keep re-listing the same stuff over and over again. Buyer BEWARE!

1673640135898.png

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Yes, it’s a new broker. The extremes now: this broker is low bidding while Tocha is unreasonable starting bid. This new broker had a Newport Coast that I bid on but of course lost.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah they have 4 auctions currently and as soon as these end they will pop right back up with more Grande Vista, Grand Chateau, Hawaii, Aruba, etc. They just keep re-listing the same stuff over and over again. Buyer BEWARE!

View attachment 71481

I agree on Buyer Beware. I have questioned them as to why they feel the need to use "Private Listings" as it only invites shill bidding. They didn't like my questions so they decided to block me entirely. I would say the entire situation has a bad smell to it.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Yes, it’s a new broker. The extremes now: this broker is low bidding while Tocha is unreasonable starting bid. This new broker had a Newport Coast that I bid on but of course lost.

It's not new, it's old, and not a legitimate broker. They are scammers.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree on Buyer Beware. I have questioned them as to why they feel the need to use "Private Listings" as it only invites shill bidding. They didn't like my questions so they decided to block me entirely. I would say the entire situation has a bad smell to it.

Yeah I asked them to see an estoppel for a property I might be interested in bidding on and they refused. Said they would not provide any documentation unless I won the auction and paid the fees- which I of course refused.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score

Be glad you lost. They would have stolen your money. They are not new and I wouldn't call them a broker. They are nothing but scammers stealing people's money.

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
Final outcome

Marriott Grande Vista Resort 3br Villa Annual Platinum Orlando Florida Timeshare
  • 6 BIDS:US $1,800.00

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Final outcome

Marriott Grande Vista Resort 3br Villa Annual Platinum Orlando Florida Timeshare
  • 6 BIDS:US $1,800.00
That would be a steal if it were legit. And passed ROFR.

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
How does the scam work? I thought Ebay guaranteed the sale is legitimate. I am not in the market anymore for resale timeshares, so I am not current on the listing individuals.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
How does the scam work? I thought Ebay guaranteed the sale is legitimate. I am not in the market anymore for resale timeshares, so I am not current on the listing individuals.
Ebay doesn't guarantee timeshare transactions. Or any real estate, I think.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
They don't accept Paypal as a payment method. The entire transaction is done outside of Ebay.

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BoardWalk Villas, MVC Grande Vista & Willow Ridge, WorldMark
Can you spot the other big red flag in thier ads?

We except Electronic Check, Money Order, Cashier's Check, or Bank Wire.