• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

At WKORV - any questions

KOR5Star

Reaction score
I guess I should have known better than to expect an accurate answer from a salesman! I have already confirmed with the main sales office that this could be done, I just wanted the price... :wall:

Thanks for trying!!!! :hi:
I was there March 10 through 17th and took the owner's update tour.

The short answer is they give you back 100% of what they last sold your unit for toward the purchase of a unit in WKORVN.

Apparently, Starwood is gobbling up the WKORV units and putting them on the rental market. If really pressed, they'll talk about reselling them, but I was told "only to current owners that want more weeks at the same place".

One is left with the assumption that the rental market is hot, hot, hot for Starwood. They can get top rental dollar because, after all, they're Starwood. They've got the reservation system and the masses are way more comfortable with that than renting from an owner directly.

Which starts me on my rant about Starpoints and why aren't they raising our Starpoints value along with rental rates...yada, yada, yada... :wall:

baz48

TUG Member
Reaction score
The short answer is they give you back 100% of what they last sold your unit for toward the purchase of a unit in WKORVN.

:

We were also there earlier this month. Our salesman, John, told us that they would give us credit for 100% of what WE paid for our unit towards an upgrade to OF at the North property. He said we couldn't upgrade to OF at the WKORV because there was "no inventory." He also said there was no inventory of OV units either, which made no sense since supposedly people were doing the upgrade thing. If that's true, where are the OV units they're turning in? Unless those are the ones going into the rental pool.

divenski

TUG Member
Reaction score
.or maybe upgrading to OF at the Poipu resort....

Have you seen a floorplan for the Poipu property? Unless they tear down part of the existing Sheraton, this would be the best case, and/or move a road, I'm not sure there will be any true OF units there.

Some people have said that the existing Sheraton is getting dated, and needs some work. Maybe the plan is to wear it out and then tear it down, but that is just speculation on my part.

KOR5Star

Reaction score
We were also there earlier this month. Our salesman, John, told us that they would give us credit for 100% of what WE paid for our unit towards an upgrade to OF at the North property. He said we couldn't upgrade to OF at the WKORV because there was "no inventory." He also said there was no inventory of OV units either, which made no sense since supposedly people were doing the upgrade thing. If that's true, where are the OV units they're turning in? Unless those are the ones going into the rental pool.
This just illustrates that you can't completely trust what the sales people say. I'm sure they are sincere, but there can't be two truths in this case.

Our guy said our OVs sold for blankity-blank in the end and that's how much Starwood would sell them for if they had them to sell. That was also the price they would credit toward trading for the WKORVN.

That's when I asked about buying more WKORV units, which produced a "can't do that" response. When pressed, he made a phone call, then said they would be willing to sell the WKORV units that were traded back, but only to current owners of WKORV that wanted to add to their existing ownership. It was a courtesy to existing owners. He said they had all three views of WKORV available, but he thought I might be limited to buying only OV because that's what I own now, but he could double check if I was really interested in OF.

I didn't press it any further than that, because I really wasn't interested in buying any more weeks at WKORV either. :eek:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Have you stayed/seen the OF (Dlx or Prem) units at WKORV?
Believe it or not, our very first stay at the WKORV (before Elite status was implemented) we were upgraded to ocean front for the 4th of July week...and yeah, it was fabulous!
Is there a OF TS like that in the islands? (I don't know the answer...).
There aren't a lot of great OF units around, but there are a few. I really love the OF units at the Kauai Coast Resort at the Beach Boy, but I don't particularly like Shell and their MFs are really high. I have been looking at a few others as well.
Have you seen an EOY OF for sale at WKORV?
Yes, there are OF, EOY resale units at the WKORV - another Tugger almost bought one.

I'm in no hurry...but I'm always looking for the right deal!

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
Well.....O hope some of these WKORV-N pictures taken from the beach turn out. We're checking out in less than 5 hours so I haven't had a chance to review.

Thanks for sharing the photos! Have you noticed any construction noise during your stay? Have a safe trip!

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the photos! Have you noticed any construction noise during your stay? Have a safe trip!

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8QYtGbhu2asJW

Additional pictures not taken from the beach side-including ship, pool area angle under construction, got there by going out of the door from building 2 with locked door behind you.

When we were directly in front of WKORV-N on the beach it was noisy, but we wanted a little bit more privacy vs directly in front of WKORV.

Aloha,

Time to leave paradise in 3 hours, well....at least checkout.

Last edited:

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
Thanks for sharing the photos..... They look great. We'll be there at the end of the year. Will the North side be open yet? We'd love to use the pool. Maybe the chair hogs will move. LOL...

I was kinda shock to see all the vegetation gone. I know, I shouldn't be because I knew they re-landscape. Hopefully, they are keeping a lot of the trees.

MON2REY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the photos. The place is really coming along. We'll be at the Westin Maui in July (using Starpoints) and then at WKORVN next March.