• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

At WKORN now - not in guaranteed room

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hotel loyalty status via Marriott Bonvoy is different than the VSN Elite Status via Vistana (link).

For Vistana owners, the Bonvoy benefits during your timeshare stay are described
  1. On the resort webpage, the link can be found under the “Owner Policies & Conditions” link
  2. In Vistana’s email confirmation, the link to the “Owner Policies & Conditions” Page is provided multiple times

For Hotel Loyalty members, the hotel based timeshare systems address their limitation/exception rules for timeshare property stays under their Terms and Conditions.

The following is from the Marriott Bonvoy Terms and Conditions Page
https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi

7.2.b Vistana Participating Properties. Due to the nature of Vistana properties, special conditions apply to their participation in the Loyalty Program as follows:

i. Members will earn Elite Night Credit for a Qualifying Stay at Vistana properties.

ii. Members will earn Points or Miles for all Qualifying Charges at Vistana properties.

iii. Members do not receive the following benefits (as defined in Section 4) at Vistana properties: Complimentary Enhanced Room Upgrades, late checkout, Suite Night Awards, Gift Shop Discount, Guaranteed Room Type, Marriott Bonvoy Events, 48-Hour Guaranteed Availability, Ultimate Reservation Guarantee, or Your24.

iv. Free Night Awards at Vistana properties must be booked at least one (1) day in advance of arrival.

v. Instant Redemption Awards are not available at Vistana properties.

7.1.c Due to the nature of Marriott Vacation Club and Marriott Grand Residence Club properties, the following special conditions apply to their participation in the Loyalty Program:

i. Members will earn Elite Night Credit for a Qualifying Stay at Marriott Vacation Club and Marriott Grand Residence Club properties, and for stays at Participating Properties as part of the MVC Exchange Program (e.g. City Explorer).

ii. Members will earn Points or Miles for all Qualifying Charges at Marriott Vacation Club and Marriott Grand Residence Club properties.

iii.
Members do not receive the following benefits (as defined in Section 4) at Marriott Vacation Club or Marriott Grand Residence Club properties: Complimentary Enhanced Room Upgrades, late checkout, Suite Night Awards, Guaranteed Room Type, 48-Hour Guaranteed Availability, Ultimate Reservation Guarantee, or Your24.

iv. Free Night Awards at Marriott Vacation Club and Marriott Grand Residence Club properties must be booked at least one (1) day in advance of arrival. Marriott Vacation Club and Marriott Grand Residence Club properties either do not participate or do not fully participate in the “No Blackout Dates” benefit at this time.

v. Instant Redemption Awards are not available at Marriott Vacation Club or Marriott Grand Residence Club properties.

vi. Points acquired through ownership of an interest at a Marriott Vacation Club or Marriott Grand Residence Club property may not be used to request an Award Redemption Stay reservation at a Marriott Vacation Club, Marriott Grand Residence Club or Vistana property.
Thank you for posting this.

IMHO, for any Vistana properties the following message should be posted at the time of the reservation and in the confirmation email:
"Bonvoy elite members do not receive the following benefits (as defined in Section 4) at Vistana resorts: Complimentary Enhanced Room Upgrades, late checkout, Suite Night Awards, Gift Shop Discount, Guaranteed Room Type, Marriott Bonvoy Events, 48-Hour Guaranteed Availability, Ultimate Reservation Guarantee, or Your24."

This would avoid a lot of frustration for those that arrive with the expectation of receiving these benefits. It is probably less important for the Vistana reservations since most owners know this but for sure important for the bookings made through other channels: Marriott.com, Expedia, Priceline etc.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
If this happened to me I would request a full refund of my StarOptions and then get on with my vacation as it's always too short to worry away the time. Easy for me to say though as we own IV so the only way is up! I would try playing my Motel 6 loyalty card but wouldn't expect too much success :)

FWIW I haven't stayed at WKORVN for 4 years but my wife and daughter were there last year and did comment that they thought housekeeping standards had started to slip.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
How many times have you posted that SDO was a good trader? Oh, good old times when something was said just 100,000 times! How exciting.
Sorry I broke the protocol

If you want to be supercritical, we can go there... but let’s not.

I only post SDO results when it’s appropriate, and those results tend to change over time. Not so with elite benefits at the timeshares.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Thank you for posting this.

IMHO, for any Vistana properties the following message should be posted at the time of the reservation and in the confirmation email:
"Bonvoy elite members do not receive the following benefits (as defined in Section 4) at Vistana resorts: Complimentary Enhanced Room Upgrades, late checkout, Suite Night Awards, Gift Shop Discount, Guaranteed Room Type, Marriott Bonvoy Events, 48-Hour Guaranteed Availability, Ultimate Reservation Guarantee, or Your24."

This would avoid a lot of frustration for those that arrive with the expectation of receiving these benefits. It is probably less important for the Vistana reservations since most owners know this but for sure important for the bookings made through other channels: Marriott.com, Expedia, Priceline etc.

The confirmation email for Vistana reservations has the following: Click here to review important resort information, including any resort conditions that may affect your stay, as well as complete terms and conditions that apply to this reservation.

If one takes the time to Click here one of the items shown is this:
MARRIOTT BONVOY BENEFITS
Marriott Bonvoy™ Points may be earned for qualified charges at the resort. As a villa property, we are unable to offer select Marriott Bonvoy™ Member benefits for ownership reservations, including complimentary room upgrades, Suite Night Awards™, priority late check-out, Your24™, and Gold Elite and Platinum Elite welcome gifts.

One should take responsibility for knowing the terms of the reservation especially when there is a Click here link directly on the reservation. Otherwise, the reservation email would a number of pages long and no one would read it.