• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

At Ocean Point for the nest two weeks :-)

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi if you are able to, could you post pictures of the splash area they put in for kids? I'm thinking it isn't that big, so maybe it isn't fair to call it a splash area. If you can't post pictures, can you explain what the splash area is? Thanks so much. We will be there for 4th of July and are excited.

Enjoy!!!

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
We arrive Nov 4th for one week.

sandytoes

TUG Member
Reaction score
jdunn . . . . the Splash "area" is located where the old play ground use to be . . . directly behind the towel exchange. If I were a young kid (or didn't want to look like a foolish abult) it would be a ton of fun :) . While I haven't seen it in use (few kids here this time of year), it looks like ann elaborate sprinkler system with water dropping, pouring, errupting and pooling form various bright colored "noodles and mushrooms" Not a large area but my bet is it will be a big hit with the kids!

Doug . . . I think we leave in the 5 or 6th . . . which ever date is Saturday . . . I'm already in "island mode" and don't have my calender :) If there is an over lap . . .it would be fun meeting a fellow tugger.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
jdunn . . . . the Splash "area" is located where the old play ground use to be . . . directly behind the towel exchange. If I were a young kid (or didn't want to look like a foolish abult) it would be a ton of fun :) . While I haven't seen it in use (few kids here this time of year), it looks like ann elaborate sprinkler system with water dropping, pouring, errupting and pooling form various bright colored "noodles and mushrooms" Not a large area but my bet is it will be a big hit with the kids!

Doug . . . I think we leave in the 5 or 6th . . . which ever date is Saturday . . . I'm already in "island mode" and don't have my calender :) If there is an over lap . . .it would be fun meeting a fellow tugger.

We arrive on Saturday the 5th. So we'll be coming in when you're going out.

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sandy. Thanks for the desctiption. Sounds great for the kids. I've been asking about the splash park for some time now and most people have never heard of it, including owners who were there this past summer. Can't wait to see this resort in person next summer.

Enjoy your vacation.

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, Sandy:

Lucky you!
Which building are you in?

Is the beach in good condition? Sometimes it is, sometimes not so nice.

Have fun!

Smooth Air:cool:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Sandy

This is a great time to be at this resort.

:-D @ you. enjoy your week. :)

sandytoes

TUG Member
Reaction score
The beach is nicer then we have seen it in many years. In the past there has been a lot of erosion and a big drop off into the water making beach walking difficult. This year the beach gradually slopes into the water. No sea weed that has been here in the past and no drop offs.

We are staying in Kingfish. We like it at Kingfish as it is quieter and we love watching the boats. If I were coming with young kids I would probably request one of the other buildings.

A big difference we have noticed this year over past years is the number of young men fishing off the inlet wall and the beach near the dredger. In the morning they are fishing using big nets they throw way out into the surf and then quickly pulling them back in. They are catching some large fish.

We toured the new units at Ocean Point . ..fabulous! I will post pictures later. I did take pictured of the water play area. Those will be posted later as well. As always, we are never disappointed with Ocean Point!

sandytoes

TUG Member
Reaction score

Steve

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures. They are very good. The resort looks like it is in great shape, but I can't say that I care for the new decor. The living room and dining room in particular look pretty awful. I am not a fan of that "1950s modern" look...or whatever it is supposed to be. Hopefully, Marriott will get past this phase before too many years go by.

Have fun and enjoy your vacation! I'm sure it's great to be in Florida right now.

Steve

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

ScubaKat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the pics! Our daughter would love the spray area! We traded into a 2BR mid Jan that I think we need to release cause of other conflicts.. Hopefully we will get to visit sometime later next year instead.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Great pics.

I am begining to hope that our HOA/BOD realizes the resort isn't like an amuesment park where they need to add a new attraction every year. While the mini-golf and new splash pad are attractive additions, MF's have pretty much doubled in the last 10 years. I'm not sure how many more new attractions owners will be able to handle. Even if it's just a few dollars more per unit, these things add up over time. I can't help but wonder what the difference in cash reserves and the upkeep will be vs the static childrens play area that was once in this spot.

sail27bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much for sharing your pictures. I will be there next August as an exchanger and I can't wait! Although my kids are too old for the water play area, my niece and nephew who will be there at the same time aren't so great for them. I hope you have a wonderful stay and any recommendations for activites that you enjoyed will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Anita

sandytoes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Doug, I agree with you 100% on the fees . . . getting way to high. Had I been buying now and the fees were what they are now, I probable would not have purchased. That being said Ocean Point is still our favorite resort.

The golf course and putting green are fairly low tech so I am not sure there is a lot of on going costs. The grounds crew would have to care for whatever was there anyway so I am thinking is not a big deal.

In casual conversation at the owner's social I learned the old play ground was a big problem. Apparently the local "kitties" were using the sand as their "place to go" if you get my drift. Also, the metal side was causing burn to the kids legs in the summer heat. The splash pad must be turned on to use. For the pictures I had to start it, this was the first time I had seen it in operation since arriving as there are no kids here this time of year. My 18 month old grandson would love this pad . . . I can hear the cry in trying to pry him away!

I am also glad we own lock off units and allow us two week of vacation for our fee. If this were only one week, I would be trying to sell and might go back to renting a house on the Outer Banks . . . the place we vacationed prior to discovering Marriott Timeshares. The drive for us would be a lot shorter!

The pictures were taken at about 6 or 6:30 in the evening. It's a great time of year to be here . . . no people and that is how we like it :) No problems others have with the lounge chairs. The weather has been great, not too hot. The ocean is a bit rough as there is a storm off shore . . .so we have been told. All in all . . .life is good :)

Vacation1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We arrive 10/28 - we've been looking forward to coming for months now. Pictures look good!

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Hi Doug, I agree with you 100% on the fees . . . getting way to high. Had I been buying now and the fees were what they are now, I probable would not have purchased. That being said Ocean Point is still our favorite resort.

The golf course and putting green are fairly low tech so I am not sure there is a lot of on going costs. The grounds crew would have to care for whatever was there anyway so I am thinking is not a big deal.

In casual conversation at the owner's social I learned the old play ground was a big problem. Apparently the local "kitties" were using the sand as their "place to go" if you get my drift. Also, the metal side was causing burn to the kids legs in the summer heat. The splash pad must be turned on to use. For the pictures I had to start it, this was the first time I had seen it in operation since arriving as there are no kids here this time of year. My 18 month old grandson would love this pad . . . I can hear the cry in trying to pry him away!

I am also glad we own lock off units and allow us two week of vacation for our fee. If this were only one week, I would be trying to sell and might go back to renting a house on the Outer Banks . . . the place we vacationed prior to discovering Marriott Timeshares. The drive for us would be a lot shorter!

The pictures were taken at about 6 or 6:30 in the evening. It's a great time of year to be here . . . no people and that is how we like it :) No problems others have with the lounge chairs. The weather has been great, not too hot. The ocean is a bit rough as there is a storm off shore . . .so we have been told. All in all . . .life is good :)

This all makes sense to me. I just wish the HOA/BOD would take the time to inform owners that a change is being made, why the change needs to be made and how it will affect the overall cost to owners.

As an owner, I would like to have thought there would be some sort of online newsletter informing owners a change was going to be made. It's disappointing to learn changes have been made only after you've arrived at the resort of through a secondary source such as TUG.

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the great pictures of the splash area. We will be there this July and will have lots of kids who will love this addition. I do not know why it took so long for tuggers to post pictures of this addition. This resort looks like great fun, even if there isn't much to do within walking distance of the resort.

Is there a marina or something you can walk to from the resort and then take a water taxi or a snorkeling trip or something.

Glad the weather has been nice for you.

sandytoes

TUG Member
Reaction score
jdunn,

There is a marina within walking distance. From the marina you can hire several different tour. The least expensive and a lot of fun is the water taxi tour of West Palm Beach Island area . . . it's what I refer to as the rich and famous home and yacht tour . . . it about $25 - $30 per person. You can also rent snorkeling equipment (or bring your own) and take the water taxi to Peanut Island . . . we had a fun time snorkeling in that area. With-in walking distance is the small out door mall with a couple restaurants, a subway, ice cream shop and several other sea and surf type shops (souvenir shops). If you have a call there is lots of places to go, see and do. We toured the Flager Museum on our last visit . . very interesting but costly to get in. Worth Road on West Palm Beach Island is the Rodeo Drive of the East. City Place is also a nice excursion, but really, the resort is so nice you call spend your entire time here. If you have young children, they will love it.

DougP, I get news letter for Ocean Point . . though I have to admit it usually tells about stuff they have already done or decided to do. I agree, it would be nice to know the cost in installation and upkeep before the work is committed. The cost are getting very high, especially considering the upfront money.

jjluhman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures. They are very good. The resort looks like it is in great shape, but I can't say that I care for the new decor. The living room and dining room in particular look pretty awful. I am not a fan of that "1950s modern" look...or whatever it is supposed to be. Hopefully, Marriott will get past this phase before too many years go by.

Have fun and enjoy your vacation! I'm sure it's great to be in Florida right now.

Steve

Thanks for the pictures! I agree with Steve, I don't like the decor at all...Actually I think I hate it! Did I miss an HOA vote? Do we have say in the decor decisions? We may be going back next fall, I guess I will need to request a building that has not been "updated"!

We are going to BeachPlace Towers in January for the first time!

sandytoes

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will have to disagree with those who do not like the new decor. I tend not to like the retro look and definitely not the 50's look, but I love the new decor. It is light, airy, refreshing and while I would never pick the colors they did, it all works well IMHO. I believe all the soft furniture currently in the buildings are the furniture you see here (kingfish has all the new soft furniture). What is new are the kitchens, ceramic, wall hangings and the dressers. The added desk in the master bedroom is nice and practical, the headboards on the beds make the rooms look taller, especially in the studio, I like the new bathroom showers and the smaller jetted tubs. Seems like they did not purchase the "nick knack" dust collectors like the fake flowers on the kitchen table that were always in the way. Instead we now have a large decorative bowl which is useful if filled with fresh fruit. The only piece of furniture that to me is a bit odd is the "armless" chair in the living room . . .but, the placement is up against the window, a great place to set with a book or a glass of wine while looking out at the ocean . . . the window sill sort of acts like the arm/table. I like the mix of patterns . . makes the unit interesting . . . again, if I were looking at the swatches I would wonder what they thinking when they picked it all out . . . I think you will change you mind on the decor when you see it in person. I love it, seem very upscale.

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score

I)

I am really wondering what golf course is on-site at OP?

Pat