• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Asking for prayers

RDB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rest well now. Dwell on those fond memories and get well.

Robert

Linda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Liz,
I am so sorry for your loss.
I will be thinking and praying for you.
Sending love & hugs your way.

Linda

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
My prayers are with you, your family and your Dad. I lost my Dad to Parkinson 5 years ago so I understand your pain.

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Liz: Like another poster stated, keep thinking of all the good memories of your Dad and accept that he is now in a better place rather than suffering.

It was wonderful that you and your brothers and sisters and grandkids were there on the last days.

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
Liz, be gentle with yourself and what you expect of yourself. We're all feeling your pain.

Hugs,

luvsvacation22

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grand Californian-VGC
Animal Kingdom-AKV
Liz, I am so sorry for your loss. I will continue to pray for you. May the God of comfort, bring comfort and healing to your heart, body and soul. May He surround you with His grace and presence. I pray He lifts you up and carry you during this difficult time. May be pour out His love upon you. And lastly may He give you peace and be your strength, rock and refuge. Amen I am thinking of the song...On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand, Here are some of the lyrics:

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly trust in Jesus’ Name.

On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness seems to hide His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39 (NIV)

Dorene

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
May peace rest upon you.

He Is Not Gone

Ease your grief, he is not gone
For in your heart he lingers on.
His smile, his laugh, his special way,
Will comfort you from day to day.

You'll feel his presence in the breeze
That dances gently through the trees.
And it's his face that you shall see
When you're in need of company.

At any time you can recall
The love you shared...you saved it all.
And really more than anything,
You'll find peace in remembering.

http://www.geocities.com/griefweb/cancer_supp/verses_pass/not_gone.html

mas

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MAR BeachPlace;
Cypress Harbour;
Ocean Watch;
Canyon Villas;
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

After the funeral, read the Mamma Mia thread in this lounge and then go see the movie.

susieq

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
Liz,

My heart goes out to you, and deepest sympathies too. He is at peace now. You will get through this. I know it's difficult ... One day at a time. Take care of yourself.

Sue

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
My condolences to you and your family. It is hard to lose a parent.

swift

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
So sorry about your loss. I know this is very hard. I went through similar emotional swings when I lost my dad. Hang in there and know that we care. {{{{{{{ hugs }}}}}}}

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Liz

I just read this post. I am very sorry about your Dad. Hospice is indeed a blessing to the entire family. They have wonderful resources should you need comfort.

My Dad is 90 and starting on this same path. We had hospice for my Mother who passed 6 yrs back. I will be having the same thing happen to me in the next year. As a daughter of a Dad I adore I cannot imagine the emotional rollercoaster I will experience.

Just let your feelings flow. Don't let anyone deminish them.

Parents are our guides and to lose them even when we are adults is a great loss even if they lived a long time.

Hugs to you!

Last edited:

dgdbloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thinking of you,you're health and comfort for your dad.
Easier said than done,I know, but you need to take care of yourself

dgdbloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
My previous post was before I read that your dad passed. Heartfelt sympathies being sent your way.
Everyone has to grieve differently and yes it does come in waves and when you least expect it. There is no normal to grieving.
Memories at first will bring tears of sorrow then down the road those same memories may bring a smile and tears of fondness

"Life is a series of experiences, each one of which makes us bigger, even though it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward"

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Prayers to give you strength and peace in your heart and mind are being sent to you from Mexico.

In Mexico the culture is that a person goes to a better place, but always stays with us in ur hearts, thus the reason why we celebrate Day of the Dead as a rejoining and celebration of life. Keep your memories dear to your heart and know we are all praying for you all over the world.

Hugs from Lake Chapala Mexico!!!! You are in our thoughts.

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is so difficult. We met with a pastor to plan the service yesterday. I came home beyond exhausted. My mom passed away 5 years ago and it was pretty sudden. With my dad, I knew this was coming, but I am finding it so much harder. I think he and I were always closer and I depended on him in a different way. Does anyone know the name of a book I read about recently that talks about becoming an orphan as an adult?

We are also in for a rocky patch in dealing with Dad's estate. My brother is the trustee and he wants to wait to sell the house till the market improves (truly, only God knows when that will be). My husband is 70 and I'm 60. I'm 4 years older than my brother and my sister is in the middle. I'm the one looking at wanting to retire and waiting on the house for improved conditions will totally stress me out. It needs a lot of work to be done on it also, as it has been completely ignored for about 5 years and my brother was supposed to be running point on a bathroom remodel that never happened. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much,
Liz

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
Liz,

My advice would be to take some time to grieve and do the essential estate issues. A month or two from now, things may look more clear. I would guess you and your siblings are in a raw emotional state and shouldn't worry about much but taking care of yourselves and each other right now.

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that makes sense, but I'm not sure how long we can wait to get a stepped up valuation of Dad's estate and it needs a lot of work.
I think that might be the book. I am going to order it from Amazon.
Diane, prayers for your mom are being sent from me,
Thanks,
Liz