• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Arrived at Frenchman's Cove

Janette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sitting here having some rum punch and looking at the lights of the city. Our pilot told us it was cloudy with light rain just before we landed. We arrived to beautiful sunshine and no sign of rain. We must be in the Carribean! We are on 6th floor of St. John building. We love the view and don't mind the elevators to the pool. Life is good.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sitting here having some rum punch and looking at the lights of the city. Our pilot told us it was cloudy with light rain just before we landed. We arrived to beautiful sunshine and no sign of rain. We must be in the Carribean! We are on 6th floor of St. John building. We love the view and don't mind the elevators to the pool. Life is good.

First day of vacation is always the best!! I can't wait for our trip to Maui next month that first night the kids settle in after the long flight and my wife and I running down to The Moose for a cocktail or two.

It doesn't get any better than that. Enjoy your trip immensely.

SpikeMauler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Wow, 6th floor St John. You're at the highest point of the resort. Views should be spectacular. Have a great trip.

DKT

TUG Member
Reaction score

Wish we were there....Have a great vacation.

Janette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Only two more weeks to go. It has been a great week with our son's family. Our three month old thinks sleeping in the Caribbean is great! He just can't figure why he gets more baths. The baby pool is great for him. They leave Sunday and my SIL and her hubby arrive. I'm by the pool in my favorite chair having coffee in my cup from the market place.

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
Janette, what are you doing for 3? weeks on St. Thomas besides drink?

:D

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm by the pool in my favorite chair having coffee in my cup from the market place.

Let me guess. You're in the northeast corner of the pool under an umbrella watching the cruise ships arrive. In the evening you sit in the same spot with a glass of Chardonay and watch the cruise ships leave with the sunset as a backdrop.

I have an exciting day planned also. The washing machine broke and I have to hang around and wait for the delivery guys. When did they start charging more than $200 for these things?

Powerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are heading there in two weeks. A couple of questions:

1. How has the beach held up with all of the sand that was brought in last year?

2. Is the Reef's water ferry also running from the Cove pier?

3. How is the Reef with all of the renovations?

Dave

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Headed off to St. Kitts tomorrow with our daughter and SIL. Using our week there and added another 3 nights using some of the DC points we got from trading our MMC week for DC points.

Numismatist

TUG Member
Reaction score

Janette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, we are not big drinkers. We enjoy the beach and pool and the views from our balcony. We are big readers, game players, etc. We have had our son, DIL, and 3 month old grandson for a week so we have enjoyed family time. My SIL and her hubby arrive Sunday. Jim, you know exactly where we are. I just took my noodle and spent some time in the ocean, just enjoying God's beautiful world. The beach is nice. Sand is plentiful. I hate to say that we haven't been to the Reef yet, but we have pretty much stayed here this week. The kids are going to the Reef tonight while we babysit. The water taxi is picking up here. My DIL and I spent time I town yesterday and next week with adults only, we will venture out more. We don't require a lot of entertainment.

Steve A

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It has been snowing here in Madison since 9:00 this morning. It will continue into the evening. Temps in the single digits. Zero tonight. Wish I was where you are.

JMSH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you tell me if the wireless internet works around the pool area?

Numismatist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you tell me if the wireless internet works around the pool area?

I have used it there, as the resort is built on a hillside in front of the pool, I think the routers are 'above' the pool so it actually gets good wifi.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
So you just HAD to start this thread? thanks so much. but I knew you were going, so i might as well suck it up. And I thought being at Hilton Head the past two weekends was good.....

Yes that view of the town is spectacular at night------like someone threw a blanket of stars over the hillside. That's how i've always described it. I remember it well. A glass of wine on the balcony is divine. hope you have a great time. think about us, will you? Marty

Janette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wifi is a little weak if you are on top tier of the pool or if you are under the tree on the beach. It is so nice that we both have iPhones so we can send messages over the wifi. We are with Verizon so not using cell service. The lights on the hill are sparkling like stars at the moment and Alure just left the other port with all its lights on. How many times can we say"wow" in three weeks. We only have 9 more nights. Think we will head to St. John tomorrow.

Numismatist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats for being there! WOW describes it perfectly! 2013 for me:eek: this year is Sanibel Island.

Numismatist

TUG Member
Reaction score
2013 for me too. Heading to Aruba in March. I'm missing St Thomas reading this thread...

And I'm just the opposite. Did Newport Coast last summer, so dying to get back to the Cove in June after a two year absence.

We're considering paying for an extra week there to get 2 weeks we love it so much. It seems there are always rooms to rent (expensive), but then it's St. Thomas - SO worth it!

Janette

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am sad that we are starting our third and final week tomorrow. Went to St. John today to snorkle. We prefer to go to the end of the road to a beautiful cove that last year we had to ourselves. There were lots of folks there but not crowded.

californiagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be back in 2013 as well. Taking the whole family then. Even though I live in SoCal where it has been 85 degrees this week, it is not the Caribbean! When I am on St Thomas I don't have the stress of everyday life. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Numismatist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where is it that you go snorkeling?

:rofl: ANYWHERE!

Seriously, there are so many great places. Secret Harbour is our favorite, go alongside the rocks at the right and I've seen amazing things. Barracuda, squid, sea turtles, tons of brightly colored fish.

Coki Beach is always fun for feeding the fish - you can get swarmed there; it's a blast.

Right at the COVE there has been ever increasing excellent fish just to the right of the beach around the corner.

St. John: many places
BVI: even more...

It's what the Virgins are all about!

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
This thread got me to rethinking our plans for 2013. Janette and Jim, I really want to try out that umbrella in the corner by the pool.

Called Owner Services this morning and rearranged reservations so I could use a couple of my weeks for 12 nights next January. This is my first time exchanging through the DC. Are 1/21 - 2/2 good dates for St. Thomas? I hope no issues like the ones in Aruba.

I'll try booking award flights this weekend. As much reading as I've done on the DC it wasn't until I went to use it that I found out how convenient it is to get rooms reserved so you can shop for flights. I also enjoyed the convenience of booking 12 nights as opposed to 14.