• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Are you prepared?

1Melanie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Midtown 45, Santa Barbara, Avenue Plaza
Youch! I’m in Washington State. 35 on the list and pink! I guess I’ll just avoid Seattle. That’s the zombie hub in our state. That’ll be easy to do. I already avoid Seattle and I can head East to the ag part of the State or get lost in the numerous mountains here.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Looks like we're done for in Florida.
But we live on a hill, so I can see 'em coming.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I read things about what a person should have in barter currency in a major catastrophe. US dollars might be worth nothing. Some say gold or silver because it will never lose value. But does it make sense to barter an ounce of gold for a loaf of bread? And if food is very scarce, what would you do with an ounce or a pound of gold? I think that having a few (or several) cases of whiskey might be better for bartering. Beer would be good but has a short shelf life. Or maybe 6 months of MRE (emergency meals) or 100 # of rice to use/barter. In discussing this with a friend, he thought that maybe a handgun and a box of bullets would be the most effective to acquire food/critical supplies. ;-)

Just kidding.... ;)

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
Actually BJR, I think bullets ARE a suggested medium of exchange for preppers because of their size, demand, usefulness, etc.

It's nice to have something to take our minds off all the rest of the world's problems. Indiana's #35 on the list, but the BBQ is better over in Kentucky, so I hope they'll go there instead.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I read things about what a person should have in barter currency in a major catastrophe. US dollars might be worth nothing. Some say gold or silver because it will never lose value. But does it make sense to barter an ounce of gold for a loaf of bread? And if food is very scarce, what would you do with an ounce or a pound of gold? I think that having a few (or several) cases of whiskey might be better for bartering. Beer would be good but has a short shelf life. Or maybe 6 months of MRE (emergency meals) or 100 # of rice to use/barter. In discussing this with a friend, he thought that maybe a handgun and a box of bullets would be the most effective to acquire food/critical supplies. ;-)

Just kidding.... ;)

Some states are adopting Goldbacks. They solve the problem by making small fractions of gold.

Reaction score
In my opinion:
- Alaska is best state for surviving a zombie apocalypse because its remote location and harsh terrain make it a difficult place for zombies to thrive, and its sparse population means there would be fewer potential victims to turn into zombies;
- Rhode Island is worst state for surviving a zombie apocalypse because it`s the smallest state in the U.S. and has a high population density, which would make it difficult for survivors to avoid large groups of zombies.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In my opinion:
- Alaska is best state for surviving a zombie apocalypse because its remote location and harsh terrain make it a difficult place for zombies to thrive, and its sparse population means there would be fewer potential victims to turn into zombies;
- Rhode Island is worst state for surviving a zombie apocalypse because it`s the smallest state in the U.S. and has a high population density, which would make it difficult for survivors to avoid large groups of zombies.
Zombies don’t attack by states, but by population densities. A scientific fact!

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The UP in Michigan would be a great place to hang out i hear Zombies hate black flies and pasties.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
The UP in Michigan would be a great place to hang out i hear Zombies hate black flies and pasties.

I thought that most of the male zombies and males in general are attracted to most females in pasties. I could be wrong but when I see a female in pasties I always avoid it because it could be a trap.

Bill

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Shouldn't this whole thread be moved over to the Humor thread? This is some funny sh*t. :ROFLMAO:

Kurt

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
No one wondered what kind of trap is the woman with the pasties so I guess I will tell you. It's a booby trap, lol.

Bill

Last edited:

1Melanie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Midtown 45, Santa Barbara, Avenue Plaza
Looks like we're done for in Florida.
But we live on a hill, so I can see 'em coming.
Hills? In Florida? I saw a “hill” once in Pompano Beach. My husband laughed at me because what I thought was a hill was an old landfill!

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Hills? In Florida? I saw a “hill” once in Pompano Beach. My husband laughed at me because what I thought was a hill was an old landfill!
My house is the high-point of my neighborhood (138').
Anyone heading to my house, has to come up the "hill."

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I did my analysis in the run up to Y2K and decided that beer would be the best barter medium.
The trouble with beer is that it has a fairly short shelf life. Even if refrigerated.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
The trouble with beer is that it has a fairly short shelf life. Even if refrigerated.
It is a renewable resource. Grains + Yeast + Water + Hops = Beer

It also renders non-potable water to a drinkable product through a simple sand filter.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It is a renewable resource. Grains + Yeast + Water + Hops = Beer

It also renders non-potable water to a drinkable product through a simple sand filter.
PBR (Pabst Blue ribbon) used to sell canned malt for making home brew. All you had to add was water and some yeast. Preferably beer yeast. Bread yeast works but it is like a hand grenade. I suspect that the canned malt could be stored for a long time. Yeast, if kept cool, could probably last for a few years.

But storing canned or bottled beer (even refrigerated) for more than a year or two would result in skunky and perhaps sour beer.

So, maybe in an apocalypse it would be better to stock up on malt and yeast. Or hard liquor.

Brett

Reaction score
In my opinion:

makes sense, ophiocordyceps may not survive in sub freezing temps

Reaction score
Zombies don’t attack by states, but by population densities. A scientific fact!
"Zombies don’t attack by states, but by population densities" is not a scientific fact but rather a fictional concept often portrayed in works of zombie fiction.

Zombies are a fictional concept, and while they may vary in their portrayal in different works of fiction, they do not exist in reality. Therefore, any discussion of how zombies attack or behave cannot be considered a scientific fact.

In the real world, population densities can affect the spread of diseases, including viral outbreaks, but this has no connection to the fictional concept of zombies. It's important to distinguish between fact and fiction to avoid confusion and misinformation.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Spoilsport.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
But storing canned or bottled beer (even refrigerated) for more than a year or two would result in skunky and perhaps sour beer.

Barley wine can be stored for decades. In fact, it's not ready to drink for several years after bottling. Google "Sam Adams Utopia." India Pale Ale was created to solve the problem, "How do we make a beer which still tastes good after a 4-month long voyage to India?"

But you're not going to get results with a can of malt syrup.

Real preparedness means knowing how to brew beer from scratch -- including malting your own barley. Distilling your own alcohol (for both antiseptic and recreational uses). Synthesizing antibiotics from moldy bread. Birthing farm animals. Growing crops. Anyone who thinks mere gold and ammo will get the job done is lazy.