• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone playing wordle?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
This is getting to be like the RSTLN-E and CDM-A of Wheel of Fortune where they select words that have as few as possible. They seem to be selecting Wordle words that don't have these letters. I have used ADIEU and FROST as one and two to try to hit some common letters and still only come out with a single vowel somewhere in the word.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried using ADIEU a few times, but find it's much more fun (for me) to use random starter words. If I was just reading TUG, I might try FORUM. If I was reading the NYT that morning, I might try TIMES. When we were on the road for three days, I used words that I saw on billboards that we drove by. So far, it's been a fun little diversion, and I don't mind at all that I've never hit the Wordle in my first or second tries!

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I found Word Guess in my apps. Free. The same game. So I’ve been playing it more during the day. I have four other games on my iPad and needed to branch out for my downtime.

JudyH

TUG Member
Reaction score
DH has played IPad word games for years and he has great spacial and geometry skills so he can manipulate the letters in his head as well as come up with possible words often in three tries. And I was the English major and I sweat out the words, sometimes with paper and pencil.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Today is DDs birthday so I tried birth as my first word. I got it in 4.
Wordle 253 4/6

⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Colorblind day, and probably not enough coffee. I got confused on the right/wrong colors. Had to go back to the directions to remind myself which color meant which. Once I had it sorted correctly, life got easier. :D

Wordle 253 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜
⬜

Dave

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I totally blew it! On my third try I had four letters in a row that were correct. The fact that they were all yellow and ALL in the WRONG place didn’t register with me because it was such a nice string of letters. And it was a string where four different consonants made it a word. So my next try was a throw away word that used three of those consonants. That didn’t give me a new letter. Fifth try was the remaining consonant. Nope. Aha! Another double letter word so my last try used one of the letters I’d already had in my word. That left me staring stupidly at the screen before it dawned on me none of my four correct letters had ever been in the proper position. And it was a really good combination of letters, much like a couple weeks ago when there were complaints there were too many possibilities. I’ll go sit in the corner with the dunce cap on now.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I totally blew it! On my third try I had four letters in a row that were correct. The fact that they were all yellow and ALL in the WRONG place didn’t register with me because it was such a nice string of letters. And it was a string where four different consonants made it a word. So my next try was a throw away word that used three of those consonants. That didn’t give me a new letter. Fifth try was the remaining consonant. Nope. Aha! Another double letter word so my last try used one of the letters I’d already had in my word. That left me staring stupidly at the screen before it dawned on me none of my four correct letters had ever been in the proper position. And it was a really good combination of letters, much like a couple weeks ago when there were complaints there were too many possibilities. I’ll go sit in the corner with the dunce cap on now.

No need for a dunce cap. You're in very good company. On my screen, the yellow and green tones are so close to my colorblind eyes, I have trouble telling them apart. I frequently have to switch to the High Contrast colors to be able to tell what's what. As I mentioned above, today I got those colors switched around, so confused myself. Once I got things sorted out in my head, the word came to me. No idea how @Luvtoride got it in two. That was amazing! :D

Dave

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Got it in four tries. @Luvtoride What start word did you use today? Mine are ADIEU and FARTS and after these two, it only yielded two yellow letters. Luckily my third word THONG gave me two green letters which made the 4th try easier.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Got it in four tries. @Luvtoride What start word did you use today? Mine are ADIEU and FARTS and after these two, it only yielded two yellow letters. Luckily my third word THONG gave me two green letters which made the 4th try easier.
I like trying different words. I do use adieu occasionally but, to me, it takes the fun out of it to stick to a pattern and guess the same words everyday. But, to each, his own.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got it in four after getting only one yellow on my first guess.
W.png

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Started with canoe today and got it pretty fast

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mine are ADIEU and FARTS which made the 4th try easier.
I try this, but it creates a . . . ahem, different problem- or solution, your choice!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
When someone ran a computer simulation, the computer had the most success using CRATE as the start word.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Got it in 3 today.
Wordle 254 3/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Got it in 3 today.
Wordle 254 3/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛
Me too. After zero right the first try, and one right but in the wrong place the second try.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Someone up thread mentioned using doily, bunch and stare. After yesterday's dunce cap moment I decided to try those words today instead of my usual first two words. Pretty much an instant win on the fourth try. Ditto for Cliff. I like having the chance to get it in three, and I don't mind having to puzzle over it awhile, so will go back to my old favorites.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Wordle 254 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜

Dave

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Today was a weird one. This is good for our vocabulary.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I had it, but didn't think I was right. So wasted a guess. Note to self: trust your instincts. :D

Wordle 255 6/6

⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜
⬜⬜

TomCO

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a fun game. Started a few days ago and got personal best today.
Wordle 255 3/6

⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛

Tried to copy/paste several times and not sure why it doesn't display well. Any suggestions?

Tom

Last edited:

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Thought I had it on my third try, but that left me with only squares 1,2 and 4 with letters in the correct spot. Then i struggled on and off for 90 minutes. My fourth try was a throw away word to try four new consonants. Not one hit. Another throw away word omitted three more consonants. I didn't have much left to try at that point, and suddenly there it was on my sixth try. (SIXTH, another good five letter word!)