• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone playing wordle?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
And since I don't normally use English (aka British) slang words, I would have no reason to guess that word. Those who guesses it right likely did so - as a guess.
Paula told me she got it in 3, but that it was not a 'usual' word in her (our) vocabulary. Sometimes it boils down to blind luck. And sometimes luck and treachery beats youth and skill. :)

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Got lucky today.

Wordle 251 3/6

⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜

Dave

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
DW got it in 3 by sheer tenacity of working the used letter board. It was a toughie likely designed to foil all those 'starter' words.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
5 for me today. It took me quite awhile on my 5th guess, but the number of words that existed with the letters I had left was very low (maybe just the one, not sure).

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
Got it in 4 but it was hard! After 3 tries, I had only 1 letter identified and struggled to even find a word I could make with remaining letters.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Took me five turns, too. Rick also took five on that one. Hardest one yet.

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I made it in three, but only had the last letter after the first turn (and the second). Given all the letters that I had eliminated, I was desperate to find any word that I could put in.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They should somehow prevent people from using the same starter word over and over. Wouldn’t that throw everyone into a tizzy? I like to use a different word everyday. Takes me 4 tries most of the time.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
There are many good starter words, so there is no way to stop people from using all of them, not to mention, no good reason to do so.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
They should somehow prevent people from using the same starter word over and over. Wouldn’t that throw everyone into a tizzy? I like to use a different word everyday. Takes me 4 tries most of the time.

There are many good starter words, so there is no way to stop people from using all of them, not to mention, no good reason to do so.

If they did that, I'd just stop playing it. "Here, guess the five random letters we selected, with no idea of what word they might spell." No thanks, not fun for me. I'd go back to Sudoku, where at least there is a specific goal. :shrug:

Dave

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
What helps more than anything is having a large vocabulary, and a good understanding of the structure of words. Avid readers have an advantage.

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
What helps more than anything is having a large vocabulary, and a good understanding of the structure of words. Avid readers have an advantage.
Yep. I tried to teach my young kids. Argh. What an exercise in futility

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

See, that may be part of the problem. I absolutely DO have a large vocabulary. My head tries to put in words that might just as easily be wrong as they might be right. So unless it's a definite answer, like today's puzzle, I might as well be shooting in the dark. After my second word, I had one vowel and one consonant in the word, and knew which vowels and a few common consonants were not used. Eliminating those letters left me with few choices, and I got the word on the third try. Part of it was skill (knowing which two letters to use and where they didn't fit) and then trying to come up with a word that did fit the pattern. Others days, and with other words, it's a lot tougher, because the known letters are common, and there is no way to know what word they're after. Add in the British slang word, as they did the other day, and it really wrinkles things up.

Dave

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
5 tries for me today, also.
Wordle 252 5/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛
⬛

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In three today! (And above I meant one person starting every puzzle with the same word, not banning the most popular starter words people tend to use, if there even are any. Just like sites require new passwords periodically, that can’t be what you had before. If you want to stay challenged, take chances . It is only a game.)

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Took four tries today.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Wordle 252 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜

Dave

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In Wordle, you are only competing against yourself, so I don't care how many people use the same start word every time. I don't see the logic in wanting to add new rules. If it ain't broke - don't fix it.