• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any Long-legged TUG ladies out there?

ctreelmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm having a really tough time getting pants with a long-enough inseam lately (I need about 33"). I don't even bother trying on in most department stores as they carry a standard 29 or 30. But, even my old stand-bys like Ann Taylor and Talbots have stopped carrying the "longs" in-store. LL Bean's fit is too boxy. I don't like to order sight-unseen online or from a catalog, as I'm also short-waisted and many talls leave me with the crotch of the pants hanging to my knees. I also hate that all the khakis seem to be that stretchy microfiber stuff these days--can't find a cotton pair anywhere except Bean, but like I said, they are too boxy.

Levis and Calvins fit great, but I'm tired of wearing jeans every day. Anybody know a place where I can find a pair of cotton/perma press Khakis with a long inseam????

marion10

Reaction score
I always order from catalogs- usually Land's End and JC Penney tall sizes- they are very easy to return- you can return Land's End at Sears and JC Penney at the store.

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My DD is tall and has long legs--I've had good luck with jeans from Old Navy (they have longs online, not sure about in the store) and Express. GL!

ctreelmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
lynne said:
I am in the same situation and have always had luck with Jones New York and Evan Picone for dress slacks.

Yup, Jonesy fits me very well, too, but I'm looking for more casual stuff--I have jeans and dressy pants, but want something that falls in between. At least in the summer, I can wear capris!

ctreelmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
marion10 said:
I always order from catalogs- usually Land's End and JC Penney tall sizes- they are very easy to return- you can return Land's End at Sears and JC Penney at the store.

Lands' End unfortunately is one of the brands where the "talls" have a rise that is too long for me. (ditto JCP and their regular inseams are too short) I used to be able to have them hem the regulars to 33" but the last time I looked into pants there, that wasn't an option anymore.

Their quality is legendary though. My Squall Jacket was purchased in 1987 :eek: and still comes out of the washer looking brand new. Of course, I have to wear it open, as the the darned waist seems to have gotten smaller :rolleyes:

mikey0531

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've seen longs at Old Navy -- although it was just blue jeans -- I didn't notice khaki's -- I'm short and I grabbed long jeans by mistake :eek:

Have you looked at Banana Republic? I have a friend who's tall and I know she's purchased things there.

Debi

wvanly

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know The Gap carries Ankle, Regular and Long in Jeans and Khakis.

Wendi

debraxh

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm also long-legged and short-waisted but Dockers long fit well. They don't carry the long lengths at every store that carries Dockers, but I've found them at Macy's and I think Penny's.

Emily

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband bought me some pajamas for my birthday from a company called Long Elegant Legs and they fit perfect. I have bought a few other things from them since they fit well. www.tallwomensclothes.com

Last edited:

Gadabout

Reaction score
ctreelmom said:
I'm having a really tough time getting pants with a long-enough inseam lately (I need about 33"). I don't even bother trying on in most department stores as they carry a standard 29 or 30. But, even my old stand-bys like Ann Taylor and Talbots have stopped carrying the "longs" in-store. LL Bean's fit is too boxy. I don't like to order sight-unseen online or from a catalog, as I'm also short-waisted and many talls leave me with the crotch of the pants hanging to my knees. I also hate that all the khakis seem to be that stretchy microfiber stuff these days--can't find a cotton pair anywhere except Bean, but like I said, they are too boxy.

Levis and Calvins fit great, but I'm tired of wearing jeans every day. Anybody know a place where I can find a pair of cotton/perma press Khakis with a long inseam????

If you sew, or know someone who does (maybe buy fabric for them in exchange for pants), this pattern might be an option for you:

http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/st...27541819&Store_id=516&page_id=23&Item_ID=1193

This is a somewhat similar Burda pattern (don't know if there are pockets):

http://images.patternreview.com/sewing/patterns/burda/3216/3216.pdf

For a more casual version that might also work for you, depending on what fabric you choose, here is this tutorial on how to make your own:

http://www.reddawn.net/costume/drawstri.htm

If your library carries Threads magazine, there was an article a 'ways back that showed how to do a nice, professional-looking elastic waistband. You could probably get a copy of the article through interlibrary loan.

If it is really hard to buy well-fitting clothes, sometimes it is cheaper in the long run to just take something you really like to a good tailor and have them copy it. It is very annoying when something that is a perfect fit is discontinued.

grest

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm at the other end and have to buy petite...I often wish I had your height, though!
Connie

Ann-Marie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Summit @ Massunetten, Sheraton Desert Oasis
I don't what style you are looking for, but the only pants I can wear are Sag Harbor, Liz Clairborne, sometimes Axcess (sp), sometimes Dockers. My daughter only buys in Banana Republic.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
I forgot Gap has longs, too. But my DD says they're too low-rise for her (and she's 15!). Maybe now that low-rise pants are on the way out, the tide will be rising at Gap. Gap is a nice easy place to shop--the clerks run around and help you find sizes!

Malibu Sky

Reaction score
Amy said:
Pardon me, but what does "short-waisted" mean?

Short-waisted means the distance between your hips and chest is shorter than average. I have the same problem, a short waist and long legs, so a petite jacket fits but the length of pants are too short.

I was also going to suggest The Gap or Eddie Bauer.

Emily

TUG Member
Reaction score
Malibu Sky said:
Short-waisted means the distance between your hips and chest is shorter than average. I have the same problem, a short waist and long legs, so a petite jacket fits but the length of pants are too short.

I was also going to suggest The Gap or Eddie Bauer.

I can wear a longer petite dress or a short sleeve petite jacket . . . my arms are very long :eek:

northwoodsgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem too. My inseam is 31-32", just enough so that most regular pants won't fit me. The only places I've found for pants that fit is Lands End and C.J.Banks (I wear plus size). It's possible to get pants from Lands End that are "regular" size but not hemmed up. I'm guessing there's about 36" of inseam fabric before hemming, so you could make them as long as you want.

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
I posted the same question here about 2 years ago. A few people suggested Kohl's and I found a lot of slacks in tall there including Gloria Vanderbilt. Got some kahkis although I don't remember the brand off hand. I'm tall with long legs, short waisted with a big bust so nothing ever fits right.

JoeWilly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Check out Eddie Bauer. My tall friend gets nice pants from there although I don't know if she's short waisted.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
JoeWilly said:
Check out Eddie Bauer. My tall friend gets nice pants from there although I don't know if she's short waisted.

Oh, duh. I completely forgot about Eddie Bauer even though I get all my clothes there! Yes, their Tall sizes are great, and in fact they're too short-waisted for me--I have a long body and short legs for somebody pretty tall.

The jeans are great, nice fit and very long.

KenK

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Amy said:
Pardon me, but what does "short-waisted" mean?

From approx the navel* to the v where the legs meet is a measure of a waist.

(*where does the person want the pant top article to end? ...some like above, some (young) like below navel.

This is 'longer' in some people, and 'shorter' in others. But it doesn't always correspond to the size of a persons trunk length.

Gee, what I rememebr from my part time job at Two Guys Clothing Department. I wonder if Wal Mart clothing department presents this info? (Of course, it was taught to us to 'push the tailor fit, or even the custom section....which the Jersey City store had).